HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Good weekend for Juvenilles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bballislife

PostSubject: Good weekend for Juvenilles   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Big win for the NorthSide Fredericton team this past weekend at the Juvenille provincial championship. leo Hayes finally got some revenge on BHS who beat them in the finals at Harbour Station. Heard it was a close game going down to a final shot. Good way to put a exciting end to the Basketball Season. Congrats to the Lions/DP kids.

Just a little rumour that was curculating around at the tier 2 provincials was that there were 3 players who were not suppose to be playing? Something about being suspended from BNB activities for a year for drinking while playing for Team NB this past summer. Just wondering who these kids were, what team were they from? and if this is even true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whoknows11

PostSubject: Re: Good weekend for Juvenilles   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Yes Congrats to Leo Hayes Lions. Only a 3 point game. Im sure it was quite exciting.
But in regard to this suspension rumour. I have not heard anything personally. I know that this past summer players who were suspended from playing Team NB were ********, ********, ********, ********, ********,********. I am not sure if when suspended they followed the code of conduct and suspended them from all BNB activities for a entire year. this would mean they should not of been allowed to play in the Juvenille Championships. I am not sure because i do not know if they followed through with this exact suspensions. i did not see the final ruling. I would like to know if this is true though. i do think that most if not all of these players played on some team this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFanNB

PostSubject: Re: Good weekend for Juvenilles   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 pm

I heard the Lancaster won tier 2. Campbellton came second and McAdam/Harvey came third. From the game I saw I was very impressed with the caliber of basketball at the tournament. All the games were close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: Good weekend for Juvenilles   Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:21 pm

BasketballFanNB wrote:
I heard the Lancaster won tier 2. Campbellton came second and McAdam/Harvey came third. From the game I saw I was very impressed with the caliber of basketball at the tournament. All the games were close.

Any players that stood out to you? Any players that can compete at the next level?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFanNB

PostSubject: Re: Good weekend for Juvenilles   Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:32 pm

The only players who I seen that looked like they could potentially play at the next level was Pat McNaughton from Campbelton and James Hicks from Salisbury. You could see that they were both well disciplined and can compete with anyone in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good weekend for Juvenilles   Today at 4:36 am

Back to top Go down

Good weekend for Juvenilles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1