HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Women's U17 Club Teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SlowPoke

PostSubject: Women's U17 Club Teams   Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:12 pm

The first tournaments of the club season should be beginning soon. There was quite a few good female club team in Calgary last year. Locomotion, Visions, Storm had 2 good teams, Outwest, Selects, Red Jacket, CBA, CYDC? Which team have the young stars and which will always be in contention every tournament. Edmonton and Southern Alberta can get in on this as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Its Locomotive not Locomotion, but I think they will do the best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlowPoke

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:04 am

Sorry about that. I'm assuming they will have many of the players they had last year led by Izzy and Maddy from Western. I can think of a couple of players that won't be there this season. Who has stayed and who is being added to the team?

I saw the roster for the CBA and they look to be not too bad. A little worried about Red Jackets. They appear to need more players to fill their roster. Having an additional tryout. That might be a syptom of too many club teams and not enough players to fill them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlowPoke

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:00 am

So, I've heard that Visions can"t field a team. Can anybody confirm that. They had a pretty good team last season so a loss to club basketball.

I looked at the results of three games The Red Jackets Elite team had last week. They had a close game with CBA but were beat badly by a team called the Hawks and also by Cardston.

Are there any other results from early tournaments and other teams? Are there other club teams that are suffering for quality players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:16 pm

The HAWKS are made up of primarily SACHS girls mixed with some junior high girls (3 different schools) and a girl from Oscar Romero in Edmonton. They went undefeated in Calgary also beating Cardston quite handily along with CBA. They are small but aggressive and have to rely on good shooting;)
In watching JP spring league, I think a lot of spring teams are weaker this year - heavy graduation class maybe? The Hawks are in a number of tournaments so time will tell as to how competitive some of the other club teams are. We don't go past the first week in July (Gonzaga team camp) so the Hawks will vanish after july 10th:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller4ever

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 am

Maddy is over rated who rides on Izzy's tailcoat. She has some skill, which is more than the OVER-RATED Amy who is the biggest whiner - question how she made it on WCHS, in our opinion it cannot be skill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtics

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Maddy over rated???? A little bit of jealousy their or what? Maddy is far from over rated she averaged 24 points per game in the 4A provincials as a grade 11 not to mention 30 pts dropped against O'Leary and being on the provincial team for the past 3 years including this year! Izzy and Maddy are by far the best duo in womens high school basketball and will lead Western to another 4A Championship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlowPoke

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 am

That is kind of harsh criticism of Maddy. She might appear to be a bit of a premadona but there is not doubting she is a talented ball player. With or without Izzy, she would just play her game and still have success. But. her and Izzy are why they won a provincial title.

Totally of the mark with Amy. One very talented player. My only criticism goes to Western. They could have opened the grade 10 door many times over the past ten years and allowed talented grade 10 players up on their SV team but have chose not to. Why they chose to finally let Amy be that player bothers me. Especially since she transferred in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlowPoke

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Looking around the U17 Woman's teams, there appears to be three or four real stand outs this season in Calgary. Storm Black U17, Selects U17 and Outwest U17. CBA U17 and CYDC U17 should be good but haven't seen enough of them to know for sure. I thought the Locamaotive U17 and TSBC U17 would have been better. (Saw both of these teams play Outwest U17 this weekend at SAIT and it wasn't even close) I've heard that Locamative shores up their squad with some players from the open team and they still haven"t done well. Any other teams not mentioned that are doing well or coming up short in Calgary? How about in Edmonton or around the province?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlowPoke

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:33 am

So the Rangers Elite league for U17 just finished up last Wednesday. I expected Selects U17 to be up against Outwest U17 but somehow Selects lost out to the Redman. Outwest won the championship. Could hardly believe this, the winner gets their fees covered next season. Works out great if the team stays together for the mosrt part next year>

Have heard next to nothing about Storm or CYDC teams this spring. Haven't heard about any Edmonton teams coming to play in Calgary tournaments or vise versa. Great Canadian Shootout on this weekend. There must be some Calgary teams up there. How are they doing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women's U17 Club Teams   Today at 10:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Women's U17 Club Teams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1