HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drive u17 elite team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Naismith wrote:
Mark Scott wrote:

IThe Drive U15 Elite team is the best in the province - hands down.

BBC hasn't even selected it's U15 team yet. How can you possibly argue that Drive's U15 team is the best in the province? You have nothing to compare it to.

That is a fair point Naismith. It is an opinion, but it is one based on watching most of the BC tournaments at this level over the past three years. It could be 5 players , it could be 10 players, but there are certainly more than a few. This year's Drive team has dominated BC teams over the past couple years and I am not even sure they have ever lost to a BC team. That is not to say that there are not excellent players from many other teams and regions. But just take three players on Drive's U15 team as an example: Jadon Cohee, Mindy Minhas and Tristan Etienne. I would be very surprised if they did not start on any coach's BC U15 team. Then you have Elijah Campbell-Axon who was MVP at the provincial grade 8 tournament before playing junior this year and Corey Hauck who was a top point guard in junior. And there are more. But these things have to be decided on the court. I do not mean to debase the value of other players, but any BC team would be less competitive without those players. That is my central point.

I am not sure what to make of your points Edward. Are you saying it is better to have weaker players.... or that simply because a player chooses to play on a club team he is automatically placing himself above the system? "Equality and no player is above them?" Huh, what does that mean? Are the best players in Ontario playing for the Ontario teams? The answer is no. We should address the fact we are headed to a split system. Players will make the decisions that are best for them as players. The best players in Ontario play for club teams, despite the "better" coaching and "too many tournaments". There would seem to be good reasons for this and it is dogmatic to ignore that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Mark Scott wrote:
I am not sure what to make of your points Edward. Are you saying it is better to have weaker players.... or that simply because a player chooses to play on a club team he is automatically placing himself above the system? "Equality and no player is above them?" Huh, what does that mean? Are the best players in Ontario playing for the Ontario teams? The answer is no. We should address the fact we are headed to a split system. Players will make the decisions that are best for them as players. The best players in Ontario play for club teams, despite the "better" coaching and "too many tournaments". There would seem to be good reasons for this and it is dogmatic to ignore that.

I said "The basic tenet of Basketball BC is equality and no player is above team" I dont understand where and why you need the clarification for this statement. Anyway, my two cents is that you are trying to put the cart before the horse.
Back to top Go down
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:51 pm

I would love to see cooperation between club programs and BBC at all levels. There is some cooperation between a few programs and BBC at the moment, but it is few and far between. However, I don't see anyway for a system where all the kids are selected and trained 10 days before Nationals to work. It is a team, after all, and they need to play as a team prior to Nationals to have any success there.

If BBC and club programs got together and worked out schedules that did not have conflicts, where the kid could play for both BBC and their club team, that would be best. I think it would involve something where there are fewer practises per week for each separate team, but overall they'd have the same amount of practises between BBC and their respective club team. But then, if a kid didn't make the Provincial team he would be getting less practises throughout the summer than normal... hmmm. I don't know what system would work best to form a mutually positive relationship between BBC and competing club programs.

How does it work in the States when kids play AAU ball, but also can tryout and compete on the USA U16, U17, or U18 team? Maybe the best would be part of what Mark says, with kids competing on their separate clubs, but then having a training camp/tryout for the Provincial teams later in the summer. The training camp could be mid-end of June, then the team is pick and they could have a month and a bit to train and play together before Nationals? This seems to be how National teams are run, and if each province adopted this method it could really work out to the benefit of all basketball players in Canada... maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Some good ideas there okanaganbball. It is healthy for us to discuss ideas here publicly, but of course what is required is for BBC and clubs to sit down and discuss/negotiate what would work for all. There will need to be concessions on both sides, but surely there is a solution that works for the players and for basketball in the province.

As for National teams, I don't think there is yet a problem attracting the best to play for Canada (or in the US vs AAU) because of the high prestige, profile and attractiveness of the playing/competitive experience. I am not sure there are even State Teams, which would be the equivalent of our provincial teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smashbros

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Most of the top players in each province or state play for their respected club/aau teams, I don't understand why BC should be any different. Obviously both BBC and most clubs offer there individual perks, but why not let the players decide where they want to play and stop trying to force either issue or say "play for your province" or "don't do club" because clubs generally offer training throughout the year and many players do not want to "ditch" the club that helped to develop them. BBC elite teams are formed just for the summer but do provide more exposure to some extent. I just think that if a talented player wants to play for a club, there should be no reason to object to their decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shotfake123

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Ok stop talking about BBC and other club teams this thread is for U17 drive elite team...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insider

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:57 pm

smashbros wrote:
Most of the top players in each province or state play for their respected club/aau teams, I don't understand why BC should be any different. Obviously both BBC and most clubs offer there individual perks, but why not let the players decide where they want to play and stop trying to force either issue or say "play for your province" or "don't do club" because clubs generally offer training throughout the year and many players do not want to "ditch" the club that helped to develop them. BBC elite teams are formed just for the summer but do provide more exposure to some extent. I just think that if a talented player wants to play for a club, there should be no reason to object to their decision.

Smashbros, there is no room in this topic for your logical argument or facts! What you wrote would be the ideal thing to do but then adults would have nothing to post about here. Unfortunately, almost everyone fails to see that representing your province is a gimmick created by BBC who promotes themselves as a "pipeline" to the national team. They do this by excluding club teams to participate in there "national tournament" and creating this "vip" old guys club with no young boys allowed. Ultimately, this is false perception and you will see that first hand when the national team becomes a majority of ex-club players/prep school players from the states within the next 5 years.

Why should we be logical and let the kids decide who they want to play for without any outside influence from parents, coaches, teachers, etc (that would be no fun)...why should we follow a model set up by the greatest bball powerhouse in the world (U.S) where all club/AAU teams participate in a season circuit and have a national tournament at the end to decide who is best. Well, I would say mostly because there are a lot of old school guys still running the show over at bbc and making a lot of $$$ while really doing nothing to promote basketball in this province. There only objective is to keep the divide and prestige. But the new waive is coming and eventually these guys will retire and the walls will come down. It's only a matter of time...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pistolpete

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:38 am

insider wrote:
there are a lot of old school guys still running the show over at bbc and making a lot of $$$ while really doing nothing to promote basketball in this province. There only objective is to keep the divide and prestige. But the new wave is coming and eventually these guys will retire and the walls will come down. It's only a matter of time...

here, here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:37 am

I understand that the coaches on the BBC Elite Committee are the ones who will recommend whether there should be increased cooperation with clubs.

Members of the Committee are Allison McNeill, Rich Chambers, Ken Olynyk, Mike McNeill and Ken Shields (who will serve as a consultant) and Stu Graham.

Some form of cooperation would enable players to play on their club teams for their summer season, while being released for a period of time so that they could also play on provincial teams.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:44 am

Mark Scott wrote:

I understand that the coaches on the BBC Elite Committee are the ones who will recommend whether there should be increased cooperation with clubs.

Members of the Committee are Allison McNeill, Rich Chambers, Ken Olynyk, Mike McNeill and Ken Shields (who will serve as a consultant) and Stu Graham.

Some form of cooperation would enable players to play on their club teams for their summer season, while being released for a period of time so that they could also play on provincial teams.

Mark I do not know what your agenda is, but you are definitely right about cooperation between club teams and BBC. BBC is an extension of Canada Basketball, perhaps this is why National team coaches are involved as directors. Their agenda is to promote basketball in BC/ Canada and give kids that are passionate and excel at Basketball, opportunities to continue playing the game at the highest level that they can.

Just a thought, kids that play on club teams go with BBC full time in July and the 2-3 week ends in May/ June when they have tournaments. The players can train with their club teams in April & May on week ends or week days that the Provincial team is not training.

This works in Ontario, as many Provincial team players. While playing for the Cadet National team the Ontario players keep their club affiliation. The reason that you do not see these players on the U17 Ontario team is they can not play for their Provincial team once they are involved with a National program. They positive of having this cooperation is that the player benefits from the additional training when their school teams and Provincial team are out of season.

I do not like everything that happens with BBC and their policies, but it does give kids National exposure. If you look at the number of former BBC players that are playing CIS I think it is working. Quite a few former Provincial team players end up going to out of Province CIS schools. I know they were scouted at U17 Nationals. What you probably don't know is that several players staying in BC have been recruited by NCAA schools and have chosen to stay and play in the CIS.

Would this not be an ideal situation? I think you need to talk to Scott Allen at One Pass Ahead, or Ebe to get some insight into this. I know they have players playing on their club team and BBC the same year, is this the cooperation that you are searching for? The more important thing that they give their kids is life coaching. I know a few of Scott's former players and they have total respect for everyone involved with the game, team mates, coach or the opposition. I know this is missing in some other programs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Team Ontario - Cooperation Model   Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 pm

I did some research and found that the CIA Bounce U16 team, the top club team at the moment in Ontario (#9 team in North America) releases its players to Team Ontario. I am not sure if this is a new development or a long standing one, but one of the coaches Tweeted today that they are releasing their players, so I expect it is a new development. They have built the Team Ontario training schedule in to their club schedule.

According to the CIA Bounce website, Team Ontario trains as follows: 1 4-day session, 3 3-day sessions and 1 2-day session (totaling 15 days) from end of June to end of July, plus Nationals in early August. Team Ontario does not play in US tournaments, and does not train outside of those periods. Players are expected to retain their club schedules and train with their clubs.

This seems to be a sensible arrangement where the best players are released to the provincial teams and club teams are free to continue to train players in their normal programs outside the provincial team training days. Players play in US tournaments with CIA Bounce.

Basketball BC is probably aware of this arrangement and is considering such a cooperative model in BC. Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Mark Scott wrote:

I have a few questions, which may or may not have been answered previously. How was this BBC Elite Committee selected? What were the criteria to be part of this committee? How and when are new members selected? Are new members welcomed and what criteria to they have to have? What will it take for them to make changes? Are there no members that partake in this forum? And if so, why are they not speaking out/making them self’s known.
The members are a formidable bunch, who has strong basketball history here in British Columbia. Tough group to crack! Considering they are highly respected Basketball people. When looking at the names listed, I cannot help but think change will be difficult! They are not a bunch of dummies, and in fact have years of experience with Basketball and life in general. They have been very successful doing it their ways for years. I think they are very much stuck in their ways. So much so that they are probably saying why fix it when it’s not broken. I cannot bring myself to think that, this is an issue of being stubborn and not admitting to them self’s that club ball is here to stay and it’s healthy for basketball in BC. So really, what is the problem, (political)? Why would they not want to better Basketball in B.C.? They could still sit on their lofty laurels and be looked a pond as the provincial source for basketball in British Columbia! The way I see it, Basketball BC could end up being their own nemesis! And I think that would be very disappointing considering the group that’s in charge. Respect is earned; it is also lost through bad decisions and no decisions at all! I know firsthand that some club programs have tried to negotiate with Basketball BC but to no avail!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Hey BB Fanatic.... I was told there is an "Elite Committee" that will review whether players can play for both a club team and the BBC provincial team. There is likely more to the review than that, but it seems to be a committee established to help the executive of BBC take decisions on important matters relating to elite athlete development. I found the list of committee members on part of BBC's Facebook page, which had an announcement of the committee's formation back in June of '09. It said in part:

The Committee's mandate is to review all Basketball BC Elite Athlete Development programs in consideration of age, location and accessibility to ensure they are:

Meeting the goals/requirements of the Basketball BC Partners

Working within the guidelines of the Long Term Athlete Development Model. (LTAD)
Providing the optimum development opportunities and pathway for the elite basketball players throughout BC at each age group.

This committee will report back with recommendations to the Basketball BC Board of Directors by September 15th, 2009

I guess that the committee is still providing advice on an ad hoc basis. It is an excellent group of committee members who I am certain all want the best for BBC and athlete development.

I am not certain that they are getting the proper information about the competitive landscape and the array of options available to players now (but they may be). Committees rarely take bold moves and making a change to the way provincial teams are run would require a comprehensive understanding of what is happening here in BC at the grassroots level (likely) and in other parts of Canada less likely). Making changes would also run up against entrenched interests who benefit from maintaining the system as it stands. Ontario seems to have grasped the issue and managed a come up with a solution to ensure it works for all groups.

Provincial team training should be limited (two weeks at a time or 14 days spread over a month or so) and intensive. Four of the five Ontario training sessions are held mid-week so that club teams can still participate in weekend tournaments in the US. BBC should adjust their program right away (ie this summer) so that they can attract the best players from clubs for the U15 and U17 Nationals.

There needs to be discussion and negotiation right away over this issue. Simply ignoring clubs or telling players they can play with clubs when the provincial teams are not practicing is not a solution. The current provincial training sessions are far too long to accommodate the club programs and their full practice and playing schedules.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Fox2030 wrote:
Mark Scott wrote:

Mark I do not know what your agenda is, but you are definitely right about cooperation between club teams and BBC. BBC is an extension of Canada Basketball, perhaps this is why National team coaches are involved as directors. Their agenda is to promote basketball in BC/ Canada and give kids that are passionate and excel at Basketball, opportunities to continue playing the game at the highest level that they can.

My agenda: I have a 13 year-old son who plays basketball and, speaking as a parent, I see a lot of room for improvement in how the system works. There are some excellent parts to the system at BBC and at the clubs, but they are not working together. I do not think it is creating the excellence it should.

I am a supporter of Drive, since my son has been training there with Chad and Pasha, very happily, since he was in grade 2 or 3. I am a former player, coach and part of a family of basketball players originally from Ontario. Our family feels about basketball the way most Canadians feel of hockey.

I am always seeking out the best opportunities for my son to play and enjoy the game. That is my agenda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Mark Scott wrote:

Hey BB Fanatic.... I was told there is an "Elite Committee" that will review whether players can play for both a club team and the BBC provincial team. There is likely more to the review than that, but it seems to be a committee established to help the executive of BBC take decisions on important matters relating to elite athlete development. I found the list of committee members on part of BBC's Facebook page, which had an announcement of the committee's formation back in June of '09. It said in part:

The Committee's mandate is to review all Basketball BC Elite Athlete Development programs in consideration of age, location and accessibility to ensure they are:

Meeting the goals/requirements of the Basketball BC Partners

Working within the guidelines of the Long Term Athlete Development Model. (LTAD)
Providing the optimum development opportunities and pathway for the elite basketball players throughout BC at each age group.

This committee will report back with recommendations to the Basketball BC Board of Directors by September 15th, 2009

I guess that the committee is still providing advice on an ad hoc basis. It is an excellent group of committee members who I am certain all want the best for BBC and athlete development.

I am not certain that they are getting the proper information about the competitive landscape and the array of options available to players now (but they may be). Committees rarely take bold moves and making a change to the way provincial teams are run would require a comprehensive understanding of what is happening here in BC at the grassroots level (likely) and in other parts of Canada less likely). Making changes would also run up against entrenched interests who benefit from maintaining the system as it stands. Ontario seems to have grasped the issue and managed a come up with a solution to ensure it works for all groups.

Provincial team training should be limited (two weeks at a time or 14 days spread over a month or so) and intensive. Four of the five Ontario training sessions are held mid-week so that club teams can still participate in weekend tournaments in the US. BBC should adjust their program right away (ie this summer) so that they can attract the best players from clubs for the U15 and U17 Nationals.

There needs to be discussion and negotiation right away over this issue. Simply ignoring clubs or telling players they can play with clubs when the provincial teams are not practicing is not a solution. The current provincial training sessions are far too long to accommodate the club programs and their full practice and playing schedules.

Mark, how often does this committee review their elite development programs? And who is privy to this review/information ( just basketball BC board of directors)? “Meeting the goals/requirements of the Basketball BC Partners” Who would that be? Pacific Sports, BCBOA, BC wheelchair Basketball. Are there more partners or are we talking something different? That’s who is listed on their home page. “Providing the optimum development opportunities and pathway for the elite basketball players throughout BC at each age group” optimum refers to most favorable or desirable conditions. I would think those conditions could be worked out with the Club programs. Just my opinion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:32 am

Kind of off topic but from what I have read in this discussion it seems that a lot of kids are playing basketball 12 months a year, or pretty close. I believe that to develop as an athlete a young person should not focus on only one sport until they are in their late teens at the earliest and playing more than one sport makes them better athletes. This article may be of interest

http://www.myperformancelab.com/toomuchsportsyoungsters.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 am

Didn't want to start a new thread. Since Ebe is keeping us updated with BBC U17, I thought I keep the forum somewhat updated with Drive Elite U17. All of this information was taken from Pasha Bains twitter account where he usually posts updates. Some results may be missing since he didn't post all of them.

Northwest Championships May 28th-30th (Seattle)

DRIVE U17 def Wake East (Wa) 99-72 (Manroop Clair 38 pts 6 assists 3 steals, Kenny George 28 pts, Lucas Goossen 14 assists)
DRIVE U17 def Team Twist 17U (Portland) 96-69 (Manroop Clair 36 pts, 5 ast, Kenny George 20 pts, 8 Rebs, Anton Bailey 16 pts)
Semi Finals
DRIVE U17 Def Game Time (Wa) 80-77 (Ken George 28 pts, 9 Rebs, Manroop Clair 26 pts, 3 steals)
Championship Final
DRIVE U17 loses to Team Clutch (Portland) 52-56 (Manroop Clair 26 pts, 7 rebs)

2nd place finish at Northwest Championships
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:54 am

Rose City Showcase June 17th-19th (Portland)

DRIVE U17 def Team Flight 64-59 (Manroop Clair 24 pts, 5 assts, Abu Khan 16 pts, 8 rebs, 6 blocks)
Semi Finals
DRIVE U17 loses to Team Hype (Wa) 57-61 (Ken George 19 pts, 7 rebs, Lucas Goosen 15 pts, 8 asst, Manroop Clair 20 pts)

Finish unknown

Other Results

DRIVE U17 def One Pass Ahead U18 82-64 (Manroop Clair 33 pts, 4 assts, Kenny George 24 pts 7 steals, A Mavety 12 pts)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:39 am

The Hoop Extravaganza July 6th-8th (Portland)

Tournament features top teams such as ICP Portland, Seattle Rotary Select, and Team Twist.

A lot of D1 schools are in attendance such as University of Oregon, Oregon State University, University of Washington, Washington State University, University of California - Berkley, Stanford University, Portland State University, University of Portland, Arizona State University, University of Arizona, Colorado State University, University of Colorado, BYU, University of Louisville, University of Memphis, University of San Francisco, Santa Clara University, University of Nevada - Reno, Saint Mary's College, Montana

DRIVE U17 def Elite 24 94-75 (Kenny George 32 pts, 6 steals, Manroop Clair 26 pts, 4 assists, Lucas Goossen 15 pts, 8 assts)

DRIVE U17 def Team Jones - Hedgecock 95-70 (Manroop Clair scores 43 pts)
Manroop Clair's 43 point performance was a tournament high for the Hoop Extravaganza. Manroop also set a new DRIVE Record with 43 pts. The previous best was 41 pts by Emerson Murray in 2009 Las Vegas.

DRIVE U17 lose to Team Twist 103-94 (Kenny George 29 pts, 8 rebs, 5 steals, Manroop Clair 31 pts)

DRIVE U17 lose to Team Jones-Reid 72-66 (Manroop Clair 26 pts, Kenny George 24 pts, Anton Bailey 12 pts)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:23 am

Just to clarify again, all of this info is taken from Pasha Bains twitter account and Drive Facebook where updates are posted after the games.

Premier Showcase July 8th-10th (Seattle)

DRIVE U17 lose to Emerald City 68-60 (Manroop Clair 26 pts, 4 assts, Kenneth Monture 12 pts, 9 rebs, 2 blocks)

Many consider Emerald City the best team in the tournament. Emerald City won the Hoop Extravaganza in Portland. They beat Seattle Rotary by 20 in the finals. Drive was up 39-34 at half and up with 7 mins to go. Emerald City boxed and 1 Manroop in the 2nd half after a huge 1st half. Kenny didn't shoot well today and that really hurt them.

DRIVE U17 def Boise Flight 74-66 (Manroop Clair 34 pts, 4 asts, Kenny George 22 pts, 8 rebs, 4 stls, Anton Bailey 13 pts, 7 rebs)

Boise Flight is the #1 Ranked Team in Idaho & they feature several D1 Prospects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:10 am

Drive U17 lose to Team Jones-Reid (Oregon) 72-71 in Double OT (Kenny George 32 pts, Manroop 24 pts)

Most people thought this was the game of the tournament. It was a big crowd and they were supporting both teams great game. Manroop got called for a clean steal with 2 secs left 62-62, kid made one. Crowd definitely didn't want to have the game end like that so they made a lot of noise. After a TO Drive threw it 2 half & kid almost hit a 3 at buzzer!

SeaTown Sports http://seatownsports.net/ had someone tweeting updates from the game (http://twitter.com/FJPavia). Some interesting things tweeted from the game were;

@FJPavia Manroop Clair from drive elite is absolutely the real deal. Insane crossover. Step back jumper is unstoppable
@FJPavia Opposing team now double teaming Manroop Clair 40 feet from the hoop... And he doesn't even have the ball
@FJPavia Former husky and current wazzu assistant Curtis Allen in the house
@FJPavia 6'5" SF Kenny George is raining threes for drive elite
@FJPavia PAC-12 teams in attendance: Utah, WSU, Colorado, Oregon state. Could be more, coaches' shirt labels are hard to read
@FJPavia Drive elite's Kenny George is the only thing keeping them im the game right now. Down 4 to team jones Oregon 59-55 with 6 minutes left
@FJPavia Ref makes abysmal call, team jones makes an ft to go up 1 with 2 seconds left

DRIVE U17 def Friends of Hoop (Seattle) 68-63 in the Platinum Div Playoffs. (Manroop Clair 31 pts, Kenny George 18 pts)

Drive U17 beat the 3-0 FOH who were the number 1 ranked team in Pool C. This was the same team that beat Basketball BC U17 team by 25+ points yesterday.

@FJPavia Lorenzo Romar [Washington Huskies Head Coach] is here, seems to be enjoying the show Manroop Clair is putting on

DRIVE U17 lose to Seattle Rotary Club 64-44 (No stats were posted)

Taken from Drive Facebook

Our teams have fought hard and proven they can play with the top clubs in the Northwest. Manroop has been huge, one of the top players in the tournament. Our 11th game now in the last 5 days.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Drive U17 beat the 3-0 FOH who were the number 1 ranked team in Pool C. This was the same team that beat Basketball BC U17 team by 25+ points yesterday.

affraid drives about to take over basketball in bc haha big win congrats . Maybe we should send drives u-17 to nationals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:45 am

Great video
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:07 am

et21 wrote:

affraid drives about to take over basketball in bc haha big win congrats . Maybe we should send drives u-17 to nationals

I do think Drive U17 is a lot stronger this year than BBC U17. We won't see them play each other unless they meet each other in a tournament which seems unlikely.

The only way we can judge right now is by comparing results against the same teams.

BBC U17 were blown out by Team Jones and FOH. Drive beat FOH by 5 and lost to Team Jones by 1 (blown call) in double overtime.

I agree with a couple posters here that clubs and BBC should work together to send the best team possible to nationals but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Las Vegas Warm Up AAU Event (Seattle)

DRIVE U17 def Seattle Best Basketball Academy 68-56. (Kenny George 16 pts, 8 rebs, Lucas Goossen 14 pts, 7 assts, Andrew Mavety 12 pts, 4 assts)

DRIVE U17 Guard Manroop Clair played limited mins in this game.

DRIVE U17 def ECBA Pioneers Green 63-50. (Kenny George 19 pts, 8 rebs. Anton Bailey 16 pts, Abu Khan 14 pts, 11 rebs. Manroop Clair DNP)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive u17 elite team   Today at 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Drive u17 elite team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next