HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Clubs cydc or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
baller4ever

PostSubject: Clubs cydc or not?   Thu May 26, 2011 2:15 pm

looking for a club team next year for U13 boy. is cydc worth the money? i hear it costs $6000 and up per year, after you pay for coaches tournament expenses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justaspectator

PostSubject: I think there are other clubs that you would be just as happy with without the huge commitment and cost. Of course,cydc would argue that. With the others clubs I know of, you pay a one time fee and no extras for coaches expenses.   Thu May 26, 2011 5:02 pm

baller4ever wrote:
looking for a club team next year for U13 boy. is cydc worth the money? i hear it costs $6000 and up per year, after you pay for coaches tournament expenses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Sat May 28, 2011 11:43 pm

It Doesn't Matter What Club You do next Year, JUST DON'T DO CYDC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller4ever

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 am

anyone know why CYDC charges $12000 / team to play in Spring CMBA when CMBa cost is only $1200. What is the $10800 for? Tournaments ad coaches expense are extra. Someone said its for their Mercedes and BMWs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cydcU14elite

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:32 pm

LOL why does everyone hate on cydc and we travel 2 vegas utah cali spokane... thats why and get the pricing right .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cydcU14elite

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:38 pm

and its 1200 dollars... And this expert kid who plays for a club who didnt win a game all season and got beat bad by a u14 team should not say anything.. hopefully they dont charge any money over and locomotive if anything pay u 2 play. U should get off the computer and start practicing .. Lol people hate because they lose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justaspectator

PostSubject: Just 1200? And your telling me that includes all your travelling expenses to California, Spokane, and where ever else you go? Thats seems so cheap. Sign me up! NOT    Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 pm

cydcU14elite wrote:
and its 1200 dollars... And this expert kid who plays for a club who didnt win a game all season and got beat bad by a u14 team should not say anything.. hopefully they dont charge any money over and locomotive if anything pay u 2 play. U should get off the computer and start practicing .. Lol people hate because they lose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller4ever

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:19 pm

I asked around and correct me if I am wrong.

$1200 is from EACH player to play Spring League in CMBA = $12,000 if there are ten players.
It does NOT pay for any tournaments NOR any of the coaches costs (gas, hotel, food etc nor any tournament fees). Kids have to fundraise to pay for these expenses.
If you are the coach or team manager then your son plays for free.

cydcelite - is this correct???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cydcU14elite

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:04 pm

it is only 1200$. Yes u fundraise to pay for hotel cost and gas money 4 the coach. And it also includes the academys, house leauges and 1 in city tournament. What club do u play 4????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller4ever

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:26 pm

I am looking for a club team for my 13 yr old - for cydc even if players fund raise for the coaches - it will cost me over $7000 (for travel, tournaments etc). The coaches (and their son if he is playing on the team) are getting a free ride - especially when they get paid by cydc - is that assumption incorrect?

Other Clubs do not ask players to pay for coaches and they go to 5 out of town tournaments, tournament fees are also included - and the cost is much less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cydcU14elite

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 pm

The teams fundraise not only for the coaches expenses but for the family expenses. There is extra travel ONLY if your child makes an Elite team. The coaches child does not get a free ride they pay for fees like every other player. Talk to someone at CYDC to get more info before you start making WRONG assumptions, CYDC is not for every player but those who are a part of the family get their moneys worth in more.....the only club that runs sept-jluy and that runs year long development Academies, ever hear the term you get what you pay for? For CYDC it's more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cgy ballin

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57 pm

CYDC is the best club in the city hands down when it comes to coaching winning and training. no ther club in the city comes close to as many wins per year let alone practice hours or training sessions. cydc cost 1200 a year for fall basketball season and spring basketball season. fundraising with the team covers all other expenses. including tournament fees and coaches expenses. the only way it will cost more is if you do not fundraise. any other club u will get 2 maybe 3 practices a week. u will have the opportunity to be in the gym minimum 6 days a week with cydc. i have played for 3 different clubs in the city and this is what i have learned. it also gives you much more opportunity to get scouted and get more exposure then any other club in the city
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cgyball96

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 pm

fyb is way sicker then cydc. fyb goes so many places, trains hard and has some top notch coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:22 am

not gonna lie by cydc trains soo much harder than fyb and they work alot harder than fyb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:29 am

btw cydcu14 we had 4 wins, and u know what i hav been practising like evryday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cgyball96

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:47 pm

how would you have any idea if cydc trains harder then fyb?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:10 pm

@cgyball96, I know alot of people who play cydc or used to, they tell me alot about how hard they work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cgyball96

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:54 am

okay, so have you talked to any foundation players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No one

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:41 pm

If you honestly think that fyb works harder than cydc, come to the boot camp tonight. 6:30-9:30 West Island College. Although, I'm not a fan of cydc, it is the obvious choice for most hard working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraull

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Just asking, but can anyone name players from CYDC that have gone on to Post secondary success? Cdn University ball? College Ball? Or the even harder US Div ball?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Recent CYDC players Vishal Banipal and Braeden Anderson just signed NCAA Div 1 with Idaho State and Kansas respectively. Lets make this game tougher - how many players have gone directly from Alberta High School to an NCAA Division 1 roster?

Here's a start:
Dallin Bachynski, Sir Winston Churchill HS 2009 - Southern Utah
Ryan Wetherell (CYDC), Sir Winston Churchill HS 2006 - USC
Back to top Go down
baller4ever

PostSubject: Rip off   Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:22 am

Fundraising does not cover coaches cost etc. Many parents I spoke to said they put out $4000 to $6000 out of their own pocket. Coaches and managers are skimming money from parents - eg a team paid $550 for GAS ALONE to Spokane. Parents said it only cost them $200 (return) for gas. OUCH !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clubs cydc or not?   Today at 4:40 am

Back to top Go down

Clubs cydc or not?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1