HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

top teams next year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: top teams next year   Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:23 am

shotfake123 wrote:
Here's what i think rankings are for next season..

1. Vancouver College- Isaiah and Cole returning, leads to a strong back court...wonder how abubakar khan will play this year as well.

2. Kelowna- I heard Bunce as improved immensley from last year, he was on JMNT which without a doubt helped his game, throw in Goodwin and thats a solid combo.

3. St. Georges- Having everyone return (except 1 player) they will be a very strong team next year. Milan, Sajen, and Braeyden and Deklan plus role players..they'll be a team to look out for.

4. WRCA- They have very strong juniors coming up. With Jake Newman as the leader of this hard working team look out!

5. Pitt Meadows- Trevor and Blackaby returning with some pretty strong junios as well, they be a tough team to face next year.

6. Sir Charles Tupper- With Cam as the centre and Daniel Kim running the point, they'll be very strong next year as well. They will shock a few teams next year.

7. Burnaby South- With the lose of the best player in the province, being Manroop Claire, they still have Nick, Quentin, George Kovac and a decent junior team. With their coach Matic leaving..that will actually help them.

8. Kitslilano- Burton, Luka Bazooka, Dawson, and Stewan. They will be a pretty good team. i can see them being a very streaky team though.

9. Terry Fox- With chambers as the coach, the team could be filled with a bunch of scrubs and his team would still compete. They actually have some not bad players such as Ryan Sclater this year, so they will compete with the best.

10. Tamanawis- Solid players returning such as Rav, Manny. They will have an ok year.

11. Delta- With Lucas at the point running the show there and some not bad juniors moving up..who knows what could happen.

12. Walnut Grove- Always well coached they will have a mediocre year.

13. Enver Creek- I have heard they will be strong next year? Can't wait to see.

14. Point Grey- Mavety leading this guard filled team should be interesting.

15. Argyle- Kaelan Wild and Cole Faminoff return for this lanky team. They will make provincials from out of the weak North Shore league.

Nice work. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: top teams next year   Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 am

Do Saints have the same coaching staff as last year? Still laughing about how Kits duped them on the half time in bounds play in a must win game in the Provincial play in last year. Kits should be higher, I think they have a transfer who had to sit out last year who is good. Mouat will be tough and Tammy will make some noise too. Pt. Grey were good last year and a young Churchill team could surprise some as well. It promises to be a very competitive year and the Lower Mainlands are wide open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johnny

PostSubject: Re: top teams next year   Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Does Fox have a coach? Chambers took the UVIC Women's job.

I think Kelowna will be #1, they have Braxton, Goodwin and a solid grade 10 work horse in Truss.

Funny how shotfake123's top 3 of 4 are privates, he is probably close to bang on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shotfake123

PostSubject: Re: top teams next year   Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:22 pm

If Chambers isn't coaching Terry Fox this year, they will drop out of rankings

1. Vancouver College

2. kelowna

3. St. Georges

4. WRCA

5. Pitt Meadows

6. Sir Charles Tupper

7. WJ Mouat

8. Burnaby South

9. Kitsilano

10. Tamanawis

11. Delta

12. Walnut Grove

13. Enver Creek

14. Point Grey

15. Argyle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: top teams next year   Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:21 pm

A good list shotfake 123, but move St. George's down a spot or 2 and I don't think WRCA will
be a top 8 team. It should be a fight between VC and Kelowna, but it all depends on who gets
hot and is healthy when Provincials role around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysh1tdontstink

PostSubject: Re: top teams next year   Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:47 pm

1. VC: Good coaching, to go with talented and hard working players
2. Kelowna: Bunce and Goodwin may be the two best players in the province (if Manroop goes to a prep school) with a capable group of players around them. However, anybody who saw them at the Beagle last year must consider them underachievers. Will history repeat iself?
3. St. Georges: Both there Jr's and Sr's were very solid groups capable of playing at the provincials even if they didn't. Consider they only lose one player, they will be tough to beat. Them and VC should be the battle we have been accumstomed to seeing lately
4. Mouatt: They lose their top player, but Friessen returning should offset the loss. Coy can score. Also, if Tristan puts up statlines like he was in the states this team should dominate the valleys.
5. WRCA: 5 very good junior players moving up to play with a senior team returning most of its talent.
6. Kits: Last years team had more talent, but didn't know anything about playing as a team. if this group plays as a team they could be very dangerous. If they platy like lasts years group it will be another season of not being top 10.
7. Pitt: Some uncertainty over the health of Goulet (wishing you a reutrn to top form coach) may disrupt the progress of the team. Returning Trevor, Matt and Mitsu, this team is capable of competing with the very best
8. Walnut Grove: Good coaching and a hard working group. Based on what I have heard they played well during spring and summer league. While I think they can beat some good teams, they may also lose to teams they should easily beat
9. Burnaby South: If Maroop stays they are top 3, without him they could be moving in and out of the top ten. Nic plus others still gives them enough talent to beat anybody
10. Terry Fox: Losing Chambers hurts. Despite the loss of Hind, Macdonald, this groups has a bunch of blue collar players who will work hard and battle for every single W no matter who they are playing against. the 6'10 football player should help them defensively if he plays
11. Tupper: Smythe plus others
12. Claremont: Don't know anything about them. Only giving them this slot because the island deserves some respect
13. Tammy: Rav and Manny... nuff said
14. Argyle: Should make provincials based on the weak league
15: Delta/ Churchill/ Saint Michaels/ Enver Creek etc.

I think teams from 7-15 are almost interchangeable. should be a good year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top teams next year   Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:53 am

mysh1tdontstink wrote:
1. VC: Good coaching, to go with talented and hard working players
2. Kelowna: Bunce and Goodwin may be the two best players in the province (if Manroop goes to a prep school) with a capable group of players around them. However, anybody who saw them at the Beagle last year must consider them underachievers. Will history repeat iself?
3. St. Georges: Both there Jr's and Sr's were very solid groups capable of playing at the provincials even if they didn't. Consider they only lose one player, they will be tough to beat. Them and VC should be the battle we have been accumstomed to seeing lately
4. Mouatt: They lose their top player, but Friessen returning should offset the loss. Coy can score. Also, if Tristan puts up statlines like he was in the states this team should dominate the valleys.
5. WRCA: 5 very good junior players moving up to play with a senior team returning most of its talent.
6. Kits: Last years team had more talent, but didn't know anything about playing as a team. if this group plays as a team they could be very dangerous. If they platy like lasts years group it will be another season of not being top 10.
7. Pitt: Some uncertainty over the health of Goulet (wishing you a reutrn to top form coach) may disrupt the progress of the team. Returning Trevor, Matt and Mitsu, this team is capable of competing with the very best
8. Walnut Grove: Good coaching and a hard working group. Based on what I have heard they played well during spring and summer league. While I think they can beat some good teams, they may also lose to teams they should easily beat
9. Burnaby South: If Maroop stays they are top 3, without him they could be moving in and out of the top ten. Nic plus others still gives them enough talent to beat anybody
10. Terry Fox: Losing Chambers hurts. Despite the loss of Hind, Macdonald, this groups has a bunch of blue collar players who will work hard and battle for every single W no matter who they are playing against. the 6'10 football player should help them defensively if he plays
11. Tupper: Smythe plus others
12. Claremont: Don't know anything about them. Only giving them this slot because the island deserves some respect
13. Tammy: Rav and Manny... nuff said
14. Argyle: Should make provincials based on the weak league
15: Delta/ Churchill/ Saint Michaels/ Enver Creek etc.

I think teams from 7-15 are almost interchangeable. should be a good year

Manroops gone saw a drive update hes selected a school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: top teams next year   Today at 3:02 pm

Back to top Go down

top teams next year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2