HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA Sr Girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hoopster 12

PostSubject: AA Sr Girls   Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:46 am

Some interesting talk on the other site before it was shut down. Was looking forward to the play by play of the DP game the other night by Coach07, Oh well Crying or Very sad What are the perdictions for tonights game in TV, who will get coached right? Let's hear it! Who will win and by how much?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm

DP beat TVHS in OT...must have been a helluva game..Gillis had 41...Goodine fouled out at end of regualtion(so I heard) and it was over after that...
In the north DRHS beat Satnley by 12 (lost to them by 10 in their first league match up) so they clinch first place in north and will host conference tourney...
Any news on who is tops in the east and south?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halfhobbit

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:51 pm

obcnamtaf wrote:
DP beat TVHS in OT...must have been a helluva game..Gillis had 41...Goodine fouled out at end of regualtion(so I heard) and it was over after that...
Gilliss scored 39, Goodine didn't foul out, she finished the overtime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:19 pm

must have been a great game to watch....probably the top two girls teams in AA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: South West Regionals   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:32 am

Looks like we will all be heading down to GMCS for Regionals in the Southwest unless they lose to Fundy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster 12

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Does anyone know what position the Brown kid from GM plays and where is DP playing the Gillis kid? I've heard she plays all over but i also heard she is struggling in her play lately, any truth to that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:42 am

RNS has a tournament next weekend with teams from GMCS/CICS/TVHS/CRHS - should be interesting to see - RNS Simonds vs. GMCS Brown again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: RNS Tournament   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Heard the Brown girl had an operation and has been out a while.Too bad Devon Park did not answer the call when RNS was looking for another team, could have potentially been one of the most interesting tournaments of the season, given the time of year it is being played. Hear tournament is now 5 team round robin. GM plays 3 games on saturday their third one against RNS and back to back after playing TV. Hope they have friday night off so they don't have to make that early morning ferry ride. My money is on RNS for this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Looking forward to seeing some games at the tournament - RNS also plays 3 times on Saturday so it should be a pretty good game vs, GM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 am

All right - good tourney at RNS
CICS lost all games
GMCS lost to TVHS (by 20 points) and RNS (by 20 points)
Final - RNS vs. TVHS - both undefeated in tournament - game @ 2:00
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:15 am

RNS defeated Tobique by 8 points.
From what I hear:
the refereeing was a little suspect with Tobique having 5 girls foul out and RNS 1 girl foul out.
Good tough game coudl have gone either way
Power vs. speed
It would be interesting to see them play in the Regionals - still not sure if GMCS or RNS hosting as GMCS plays Campo on Feb 2 - a win by Grand Manan and they host, a loss by Grand Manan and RNS hosts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster 12

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:31 am

Would have been a good game, hate to see when one team has that many foul out. Anyone have details on the Tobique @ Devon Park game? Was it a good game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardafro

PostSubject: Tobique Valley   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:44 am

Heres what happened in the RNS game, tobique had Goodine and Ouellette fouled out early in the 3rd but were still keeping their lead, then the refs fouled out 3 other girls which left TV with 4 ppl on the court for around the last minute and a half.. clearly the ref didn't have a clue because there must be 5 players on the court at all times even if they're all fouled out, basicly tobique was left with 1 starter, 1 bench player and 2 other girls that never get playing time on the floor for half the 4th so losing by 8 isn't that bad, pretty confident tobique wins if they have a rematch in regionals...

as for the DP game on saturday it was a good game for the first half, but DP pulled away in the 3rd... would have been a closer game if TV would have done better in the 3rd... final score 79-59
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:25 am

Feardafro wrote:
Heres what happened in the RNS game, tobique had Goodine and Ouellette fouled out early in the 3rd but were still keeping their lead, then the refs fouled out 3 other girls which left TV with 4 ppl on the court for around the last minute and a half.. clearly the ref didn't have a clue because there must be 5 players on the court at all times even if they're all fouled out, basicly tobique was left with 1 starter, 1 bench player and 2 other girls that never get playing time on the floor for half the 4th so losing by 8 isn't that bad, pretty confident tobique wins if they have a rematch in regionals...

as for the DP game on saturday it was a good game for the first half, but DP pulled away in the 3rd... would have been a closer game if TV would have done better in the 3rd... final score 79-59

WHat I heard was that it was the last 1.6 seconds of the game when they were down 4 players - RNS was shooting foul shots and missed both to finish the game - Goodine and Ouellette fouled out. But what were they doing in the game to being able to be fouled out in the 3rd?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 am

FYI....FIBA rules do not require 5 players on the floor at all times in fact you can play down to as low as 2....so maybe it is not the refs who don't have a clue....

Sounds like a lot of fouls called...was RNS in foul trouble too? or is this another case of Saint John home court advantage :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardafro

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:29 am

usually when in foul trouble those 2 girls can play through it... plus it not being league game it does not matter as much but apparently RNS coachs came and applogized to TV's coachs about the bad refin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:31 am

RNS had fouls as well - 1 girl fouled out and a bunch more had 2-3 fouls - since they only have 8 players that sounds even.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardafro

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 am

obcnamtaf wrote:
FYI....FIBA rules do not require 5 players on the floor at all times in fact you can play down to as low as 2....so maybe it is not the refs who don't have a clue....

Sounds like a lot of fouls called...was RNS in foul trouble too? or is this another case of Saint John home court advantage :-)

i though u needed 5 players on ... i seen a game where a team had only 4 ppl not fouled out and the last person fouled out stayed in the game but everytime he got fouled it counted as a tech or something like that... i was assuming that from past experiences never actually looked up the rule yet, i wasn't actually at that game i had to work that day but it was only 1 ref that was fighting with TV's coaches i guess that ref was just making a fool of himself
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
RNS had fouls as well - 1 girl fouled out and a bunch more had 2-3 fouls - since they only have 8 players that sounds even.

RNS and TV are not at all even!!! Goodine and Oulette are names heard all over this season and last season, for all the hype RNS had last year they got knocked out first round, plus amelia and abagail are graduated and they were the most impressive. So please 20 years or not, you should know better than to compare them that way...and from my understanding the referring was all on RNS favor. Lets see these two teams play on neutral territory and see the results, if then it's close I will formally apolgize for my rudeness and take my lumps but until then...there is no comparsion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:03 pm

A couple of points coach! One, the reffing sucked for all teams involved, in all games, and the assigning official should be embarrassed for what he provided to RNS for officials. Two, RNS can compete and if GM suffers a loss to Campo, RNS will be hosting. GM had a very narrow win here so it is possible that could happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:44 am

Slam Dunk wrote:
A couple of points coach! One, the reffing sucked for all teams involved, in all games, and the assigning official should be embarrassed for what he provided to RNS for officials. Two, RNS can compete and if GM suffers a loss to Campo, RNS will be hosting. GM had a very narrow win here so it is possible that could happen.

i've seen the scores throughout season and have seen them play...if GM loses I would be wondering if game was thrown...now in saying that first I have the utmost respect for Wayne and would not think he would do such a thing just to avoid playing hartland...but throwing games has been done before and i have seen it done and have been truly appalled!!! Never Have I EVER done. Now if Brown is injured as I have heard through hooplife them that would change the results of the game I truly believe in that.

But also what worries me is if RNS ends up hosting and that refs are as bad again as everyone says than are we really going to be end up putting the top 4 teams out of the SW or are the refs going to help decide that as well?? I'm not saying that RNS can't compete but have a hard time putting them up there with the strength in the West.

And that is really all I have to say on this issue. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:00 am

I was not saying that the teams were even - I meant that the fouls were even - the refereeing was awful - in-fighting between referees during the game across the court - very odd.

The RNS team is stronger this year than last year - Simonds/Cooper/McMackin are averaging 18 points a game each - and Cooper and Simonds can stop most people including Brown (totally shut her down last weekend)

Really, GMCS would throw the game?!?!?!?!? That would be interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:08 am

Coach 07 wrote:
Slam Dunk wrote:

i've seen the scores throughout season and have seen them play...if GM loses I would be wondering if game was thrown...now in saying that first I have the utmost respect for Wayne and would not think he would do such a thing just to avoid playing hartland...but throwing games has been done before and i have seen it done and have been truly appalled!!! Never Have I EVER done. Now if Brown is injured as I have heard through hooplife them that would change the results of the game I truly believe in that.

But also what worries me is if RNS ends up hosting and that refs are as bad again as everyone says than are we really going to be end up putting the top 4 teams out of the SW or are the refs going to help decide that as well?? I'm not saying that RNS can't compete but have a hard time putting them up there with the strength in the West.

And that is really all I have to say on this issue. Thanks. Smile

Now that is silly.

Firstly as far as I know the Brown girl is back from injury.

Secondly I want to make sure I understand your point . . . you think that Coach Vesey or anyone in the GM basketball community would give up the chance to host regionals just to play a an SV team that is better than Hartland on a neutral floor, rather than play Hartland at home in front of their whole school. You also believe that in order to accomplish this they would be willing to go on the road and toss a game vs. a divisional rival.

Either Hartland is a bigger threat than two talented kids surronded by diggers who can't stay out of foul trouble that I've heard about all year, or you really must think that GM is not all that good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:07 am

Here's my point of view for what it is worth on the SW regionals:

1ST GAME- HCS @ GM: This will be a fairly close game due to the fact they are playing in GM and that is a tough gym and Veysey is a good coach. If HCS plays their game< which scores this year show they sometimes do and sometimes don't>, they should prevail by 10+ pts. Each team has 2 good offensive players but i have to agree with Coach in the comparison of Arsenault vs Brown and also i think Trecartin is a bit better than Wilson. HCS defends better and those diggers that someone was talking about will be the difference in the game.

2ND GAME- DP wins easily

3rd GAME- TV wins easily

4th GAME- SV VS RNS: IF,IF....notice the cap letters, IF SV plays to their potential <as they are also a wish washy team> they will defeat RNS by a narrow margin. SV has much more size than RNS and also has a very good coach. This has the potential to be a reall good game. RNS is much better at the gaurd positions and are speedy. SV will have to get back on D quickly and i'm sure THE BRAIN will have multiple specialty defenses to throw at RNS. I predict SV narrowly pulls off the win.

DAY 2
TV VS HCS: This could go either way....who gets in foul trouble 1st? 2 totally different teams both very aggressive. The winner of this game will win the tournament!!....i bet i'll get some flack from that one!!! I'll explain my reasoning after i get some responses

DP VS SV: I see on the schedule that they play this Sat and i will be interested to see the result. SV has the better coaching, DP the better player. DP will likely win in DP due to the size of the gym and i'm sorry but in Fred, Gillis seems to be like a goddess and gets very few fouls called on her.
As far as in GM, I really don't know who to pick for this one...things happen different on that island so don't be surprised with an upset here.

That's my take on the west
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

celtic wrote:
Here's my point of view for what it is worth on the SW regionals:

1ST GAME- HCS @ GM: This will be a fairly close game due to the fact they are playing in GM and that is a tough gym and Veysey is a good coach. If HCS plays their game< which scores this year show they sometimes do and sometimes don't>, they should prevail by 10+ pts. Each team has 2 good offensive players but i have to agree with Coach in the comparison of Arsenault vs Brown and also i think Trecartin is a bit better than Wilson. HCS defends better and those diggers that someone was talking about will be the difference in the game.

2ND GAME- DP wins easily

3rd GAME- TV wins easily

4th GAME- SV VS RNS: IF,IF....notice the cap letters, IF SV plays to their potential <as they are also a wish washy team> they will defeat RNS by a narrow margin. SV has much more size than RNS and also has a very good coach. This has the potential to be a reall good game. RNS is much better at the gaurd positions and are speedy. SV will have to get back on D quickly and i'm sure THE BRAIN will have multiple specialty defenses to throw at RNS. I predict SV narrowly pulls off the win.

DAY 2
TV VS HCS: This could go either way....who gets in foul trouble 1st? 2 totally different teams both very aggressive. The winner of this game will win the tournament!!....i bet i'll get some flack from that one!!! I'll explain my reasoning after i get some responses

DP VS SV: I see on the schedule that they play this Sat and i will be interested to see the result. SV has the better coaching, DP the better player. DP will likely win in DP due to the size of the gym and i'm sorry but in Fred, Gillis seems to be like a goddess and gets very few fouls called on her.
As far as in GM, I really don't know who to pick for this one...things happen different on that island so don't be surprised with an upset here.

That's my take on the west

My Goodness I don't know where you come from but you reading my exact thoughts that I discussed from the very beginning....I guess Great minds think alike. I am not even going to bother to respond two the other responses other than the one that stated the fouls were evenly wrong in the RNS and TV game other than I have seen coaches throw Games yes...so that they would be on a better draw in regards to team matchups...having said that I do not believe Wayne would do so I would think he would want home court advantage and will have a defense set to take care of Arsenault.

But what some are failing to respect is that Hartland are defending Champs as well, they lost only two players...yes they lost thier coach as well but in last years playoffs they lost one of the twins for the whole playoffs so really only lost one player...no they haven't played consistant this year but if they bring it to playoffs they will be a very big threat....they have been at Aikten 5 out of 6 years and have won three......sometimes when push comes to shove brings out their strength.

But Celtic I agree with you 100% on your views and I for one will be looking forward to the trip to Grand Manan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA Sr Girls   Today at 3:22 pm

Back to top Go down

AA Sr Girls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next