HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

who do you take
Manroop Clair
63%
 63% [ 17 ]
Mitch Goodwin
37%
 37% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
spidey

PostSubject: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:17 am

Who do you take as the best guard in the 2012 grad class they are by far ahead of everyone else and with enough development i can see one of them going division one

Manroop has a much deeper variety of moves on offense and is pretty hard to stop and i can see him taking on almost everyone one on one teams throw at him he has in my opinion a better shot and is more explosive

Mitch.G plays at a college level i say that because he plays with a higher iq than manroop and can still do damage with out putting up a lot of shots hes a better passer and is a more complete player can still defend and has amazing court vision

If these 2 teams meet it'll be interesting to see who takes the upper hand because they are probably the 2 top recruits next year in the guard category.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Determination

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Are you asking who is more individually skilled? Or who is better for a team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Im asking who you think is better period none of that hes a better shooter and hes a better passer who is the better guard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Goodwin. More complete player. More character, better leader.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:49 am

just read in another post manroop to prep school his chances of division one just rose through the roof
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skipb

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 am

Trey wrote:
Goodwin. More complete player. More character, better leader.

How do you judge character? Do you know both of them personally? Because if we're strictly speaking from a basketball perspective, character is displayed on the court, it's how you hold yourself.

When both of them went head to head this year (Western Canada Final) the one time it mattered Manroop got the best of the matchup. Manroop was on Goodwin when Burnaby South wasn't in zone.

Goodwin ended up with 14 points on 4/15 shooting,1 assist and 4 turnovers while Manroop had 28 points on 10/20, 3 assists and 0 turnovers.

In a hostile environment Manroop showed poise by hitting all of the big shots for Burnaby South and commiting no turnovers.

In my opinion that shows character and he lead by example. Being a leader is not just being vocal.

You can watch the game for yourself here on sportscanadatv.
http://www.sportscanada.tv/index.php/2011-western-canada-gold

You can see the stats for yourself at cybersports.
http://www.cybersportsusa.com/Webgames/BoxScore.aspx?sport_id=1&tc_id=2367&team_id=11855&sch_id=77211&seas_id=2010&xmlfile=KSSBur020520111959.xml
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Manroop vs Goodwin   Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:33 pm

I don't know why this forum always seems to decay into who is the best. I will follow
Ebe's updates on the U17 team. Other coaches should do likewise, club or team BC, and
keep the public informed on what is going on. I hear the U17 won a tournie in Bellingham last week end!

I know that there is not a lot of Basketball news out there right now, but don't make things personal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:38 pm

This is a basketball forum and every forum always goes into the best player have you ever seen one that doesnt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
discodirk

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:04 am

no question it's manroop. did anyone else see the video drive posted on their facebook of manroop?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:12 pm

discodirk wrote:
no question it's manroop. did anyone else see the video drive posted on their facebook of manroop?

How come he belongs to class of 2013??
Back to top Go down
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:59 pm

All the recruiting websites in Toronto classify kids as though they have 5 years of high school (even if they complete in four). So you will see this year's grade 8s as 2016, 9s as 2015 and so on. Not all of the Drive kids are classified that way (Tristan and Jadon are listed as 2014), though for comparison purposes with Toronto and US kids, they are 2015. For Toronto it is partly a carry-over from the days of 5 yrs of high school (gr 13). Some kids complete all their courses, except for one at a Toronto high school then go to prep school in the US where they only need one course to graduate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ButteryFlow

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:11 pm

I have to take Mitch as my pick. Like others have said, Mitch Goodwin is a more complete player and has the upperhand on defense, playmaking and jumpshot mechanics. Manroop's mix is just dirt nast though, it shows he's a VERY skilled offensive player. Those crossovers/step back 3's are pretty sick. They are both very quick and have a large arsenal of moves.
Mitch G is more in control with the ball coming up the court, compared to Manroop's full speed spastic style.

Having competed against both players I would say Mitch plays with more class on the court. (IMO, the whole Burnaby South team came off as cocky)
Either or, it's still a pretty close comparison
I'm excited to see how far basketball can take these guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazybballfan123

PostSubject: CFC   Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 pm

this is the prep school that manroop and ken george got an offer to:

http://cfcacademy.com/wordpress/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:41 pm

manroop is harder to contain honestly hes gonna get between 20-40 on a nightly bases regardless of who you put on him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:24 pm

I'd take Manroop on my squad anyday, take nothing away from Mitch as he is more of a true Playmaking Gaurd, but Manroop is an offensive machine, a plethora of flashy, quick and jaw dropping moves on the offensive end. Manroop might not distribute and defend as good as Mitch but give him the ball and he'll get you points. With 10 seconds on the clock down 1, who'd I rather give the ball to? Manroop or Mitch? No contest for me the rocks gotta be in Manroops hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Just broke the scoring record at drive .. went down south and tore teams in half with some pac 12 coaches watching havent heard of mitch doing anything big on the bc team not to take a shot at him but manroop might have just pushed him self into the elite group of canadian players in his grad class
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Last edited by ballislife74 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:52 pm

yeah i read a status drive put up saying manroop was being doubled 40 ft from the hoop and didnt have the ball .. .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delta-bball

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:56 am

I think a better comparison is Lucas Goosen or Mitch Goodwin and I even think Lucas is better than Mitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:10 am

Last edited by ballislife74 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:49 am

Manroop got many heads turning his side this summer.

The Seattle basketball recruiting says: (http://seatownsports.net/high-school/articles/nw-premier-showcase-basketball-tournament-seattle-recruiting.html )

The most impressive scorer I saw was Canadian (Class of 2013) 6'1" SG Manroop Clair for Drive Elite Canada. He was completely unstoppable all tournament long, especially when utilizing his go-to move: a right-to left crossover into a stepback three-pointer. He just didn't miss. Every team he played had to box and 1 him. That said, he didn't distribute at all. He didn't show a lot of effort once teams started denying him the ball. He has a lot to work on, but was easily the most talented player at the tournament. His brother mentioned that University of San Francisco and University of Washington were showing early interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin   Today at 9:05 am

Back to top Go down

Manroop Clair or Mitch Goodwin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1