HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
steve nash

PostSubject: Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?    Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:13 am

I think the Drive u15 team would beat bbc u15 blue or red by a larg margin. As far as the u14's go, I think it would be a closer game but drive would come out on top. Dont get me wrong, both teams are very good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bulldog10

PostSubject: Re: Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?    Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Argree that the Drive 15 team will have an easy time with the BC U15 provincial Blue team. As for the Drive U14 team, they don't appear to be as strong and not sure how they would matchup vs the U!4 Provincial teams(not sure who made the U14 Prov teams). I heard that the Drive U14s lost a couple of games to 2 regional zone teams at one of the SFU tourneys last month. One lost was close and the other a 15+ lost to a regional team consisting of mainly a school team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?    Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:11 pm

bulldog10 wrote:
Argree that the Drive 15 team will have an easy time with the BC U15 provincial Blue team. As for the Drive U14 team, they don't appear to be as strong and not sure how they would matchup vs the U!4 Provincial teams(not sure who made the U14 Prov teams). I heard that the Drive U14s lost a couple of games to 2 regional zone teams at one of the SFU tourneys last month. One lost was close and the other a 15+ lost to a regional team consisting of mainly a school team.

I think that is true. I am not sure Drive would win (and my son is on the Drive team). The Drive U14s are not as strong as the U15s (which is a special year). The entire U14 year, across the province, is lacking in height. I think it would be a competitive game against any U14 team in BC especially when Amit (one of Drive's top players) comes back, but there is not a wide disparity among quality club teams. But Drive will attract more of the stronger players next season as they have done every year. The team Drive lost to has some Drive players...so it is not always clear which Drive team is being discussed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bulldog10

PostSubject: Re: Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?    Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks Mark, it's true, the scores don't reflect who was missing from the Drive U14s on each particular game or win/loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Basketball BC - Blue & White Teams   Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Basketball BC U14 - Blue Team

Tamam Gasmalla Guard 5'5'' Port Moody

Matthew Narvaez Guard 5'6'' Delta Vancouver College

Taylor Browne Guard/Forward 6'0'' Surrey Holy Cross

Liam Hancock Guard/Forward 5'11'' Port Coquitlam

Josh Charles Guard/Forward 6'2'' Duncan Mt. Prevost

Graham Miller Guard/Forward 6'1'' Coquitlam

Arjun Dhadda Centre 6'4'' Surrey Fleetwood

Sam Evanson Forward 6'3'' Ladner

Jordan Murley Centre 6'3'' Maple Ridge

Atlas Butler Centre 6'2'' Victoria

Peter Kokalov Guard/Forward 6'0'' Vancouver

Brett Norris Guard 5'3'' Surrey

Basketball BC U14 - White Team

Wayne Untalan Guard 5'8'' Delta Delview

Cordell Parker Guard 5'9'' Port Moody Moody Middle

Reid Sellars Forward 6'0'' Kamloops South Kamloops

Ope Adenekan Guard 5'7'' Surrey Pacific Academy

Darnel Pasmen Forward 6'1'' Kamloops Westsyde

Quincy Johnson Forward 6'2'' Kelowna CNB Middle

Anthony Hokanson Centre 6'2'' Vancouver Kitsilano

Kalen Jamal Guard 5'9'' West Vancouver West Vancouver

McCoy Lum Guard 5'9'' Vancouver Vancouver College

Thomas Armstrong Centre 6'1'' Vancouver Vancouver College

Graham Smith Centre 6'3'' Maple Ridge Maple Ridge

Matt Lafontaine Guard 5'10'' Kelowna Dr. Knox Middle

Anybody know who's on the DRIVE U14 teams?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mel James

PostSubject: Re: Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?    Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 am

The BBC U14 teams are not grouped as an A and B team. I'm not sure what criteria they used to make the teams but the players seem to think they formed a tall team and a fast team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?    Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Yes, I heard the BBC teams were split as even teams instead of an A and B teams. Not sure if I like splitting the teams this way or not, but I feel it was a good chocie as the U14 kids in BC this year dont have a ton of high end talent, the #1 player U14 isn too far off from the #24 player, so making two even talent teams makes sense.

In regards to the teams being split by fast and tall, I just think the teams seem to be picked with regard to how each coach likes to play.

The White team is coached by Coach Vlad from Delview where he seems to play are more uptempo speed game, pushing the fast break and pressure defense, also with alot of guard penetration and kickouts to shooters on the perimeter, thats why I think the BBC White team is more geared toward fast quick gaurds and spot up shooters.

The Blue team is coached by Coach Pezzente from Holy Cross where he seems to play the high-low game more, with a motion-like offense with lots of passing and cutting, trying to score more in the paint, which gears the BBC Blue team to a more front-court dominant team.

Just my thoughts after seeing both coachs coach their respective teams during the past High School season, where Coach Vlad led the Delview Sr. Boys and and Coach Pezzente assisted with the Holy Cross Sr Boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?    Today at 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Drive u15+u14 vs Basketball bc u15+u14. Who would win?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1