HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

How about Edmonton?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kraull

PostSubject: How about Edmonton?   Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 am

Ok. So enough about Calgary on all the threads. Any thoughts on how Edmonton teams will fair next year as we head into summer?

Harry Ainley's Spring league team romped undefeated through everyone.

Paul Kane's team looked pretty strong, as did Strathcona.

JP and Shep did not look as strong - but did not seem to have their full teams that will there next fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:36 pm

It is clear that ainlay is the best team out of edmonton, pk is probably the second best team, but i will be more interested to see how shep, jp and scona do,. I never had the chance to watch scona this spring league but jp and shep seemed to have drastically fallen from last year loosing tons of talent, each team only having one player who could do anything on the offensive end ( denzel and jordan) and neither showing much desire defensivly , but then again that was just in spring league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballjunkie

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:50 am

Ainlay looks that much better when you consider that Peterson didn't even play Spring League with the rest of their guys. I like their chances next year, especially after Peterson and Annets come off another summer with the U17 provincial team. But Jasper Place will be there too like they always are, they just have to find a way to score when Denzel gets shut down. The same with Paul Kane, Tyler Wise and Bertin are both going to have great years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Top 2 teams out of Edmonton   Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Ainlay and Paul Kane will be the teams to beat. Ainlay beat PK in the spring finals without Peterson playing. I heard that PK was outworked. I can't see a Stanley coached team letting that happen again. Ainlay is very solid, and is 6 or 7 players deep, but falls off after that. Paul Kane is ten players deep with a load of guys that can shoot the 3 ball. PK's downfall may be a lack of size in the paint. They will need to find a way to shut down Ainlay's big post. Watch for the matchup between Annetts and Wise. Wise being the more athletic will have to match Annetts' work-ethic. Bertin has been moved to point guard this year and will give PK a different look. Watch for the matchup between Peterson and Bertin. Peterson sees the floor well, and tends to gamble, he will have to match Bertin's speed and athleticism. Both these teams will be fun to watch. My guess is they will both be ranked in the top 5 come provincial time. The south will have their hands full with these 2 teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:16 pm

54321 wrote:
The south will have their hands full with these 2 teams.

More than you think. Kyle ran ASAA track down here for WR Myers in Taber this spring and is currently playing spring league ball for the Lethbridge Jr Pronghorns while living in Taber. He isn't eligible to play for Ainlay next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraull

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Why would Kyle not be eligible? ASAA doesn't have transfer rules. I know they guys at Ainley have said he is coming back. (Hate to quote 2nd hand info)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:10 pm

There are many ASAA transfer rules. I don't know all the specific details in this case but I do know Kyle still has a permanent residence in Edmonton.

ASAA Policy Handbook, Section III E3c
3. A student is allowed only one transfer during his/her three years of eligibility to participate in ASAA governed athletic activities.

As soon as he competed for WR Myers, Ainlay to WR Myers became that transfer.

Section III 4a
A student who transfers from one school to another shall not have the right to subsequently transfer to another school or to
subsequently transfer back to his/her original school and still be eligible for ASAA sanctioned activities.

He'll play at WR Myers next year or he'll have to win an appeal. The guys may not know he's not coming back but George knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grads82

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:37 am

12321 - I don't know where you are getting your information but Kyle Peterson never ran track for WR Meyers. He simply is living down there. Since he has not participated in any sports he is eligible to play anywhere he wants, including Edmonton and Harry Ainlay. George is not that stupid. There are rumours he is playing for Raymond next year also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:57 pm

First hand information. He ran track for WR Myers. And George knows he ran track for WR Myers because he also got first hand information. He won't be at Ainlay or Raymond unless he appeals to the ASAA and wins that appeal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:55 am

Change of Residence
a) Parent to parent move: the student moves to reside with the parent
with whom they have not been living and is required, as a result of
this move, to transfer schools. Only two such transfers are allowed in
a student’s three years of eligibility.

if this is the case then he should be okay shouldn't he?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Yes. He could use the parent to parent eligibility transfer policy and forward those details to the ASAA which would be part of his appeal if he didn't want to play at WR Myers in 2011-2012. He could then return to Ainlay or potentially end up at Raymond or LCI or anywhere next year. This would be part of the appeal process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unregistered user

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:00 am

12321 wrote:
First hand information. He ran track for WR Myers. And George knows he ran track for WR Myers because he also got first hand information. He won't be at Ainlay or Raymond unless he appeals to the ASAA and wins that appeal.

So you saw Kyle run track for Meyers at zones? You were actually there and witnessed it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:44 am

There was no mention of zones or being a witness.

Firsthand: Directly from the origin, without intervention or intermediary.
Eyewitness: A person who has personally seen something happen. 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballjunkie

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:20 pm

First hand information means either you saw it happen or Kyle told you directly, neither of which happened. Your attempts to appear more intelligent than you are failed miserably. Leave the kid alone. He and his parents are intelligent people and they know what they are doing. Your gossip is either intended to make you feel more important (which is pathetic) or to hurt Kyle, which is even worse. Kyle will do well wherever he plays next year and Ainlay will do well with or without him, as they did in Spring League.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Those aren't my intentions at all. This isn't gossip. He transferred here. That is truth. All the Ainlay guys on this thread think he'll be back playing there next year. I think he'll play with us next year. That could very well be wishful thinking as anything could happen between now and then. The ASAA has been known to be very flexible so its probably entirely up to him where he decides to go. He'll definitely do well where ever he plays simply because he is an outstanding player, possibly the best player in the province. No question Ainlay will still have a strong team without him but he would be much, much more than a welcome addition to this team. I don't think there is anything hurtful about being wanted. Let's just wait and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: where is he now?   Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm

where did Kyle Peterson end up? Everyone was soooo concerned.
Back to top Go down
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Kyle is back at HA. Oleary has thrust themselves into the forefront of the Metro pack with a 16 yr old transfer from Ontario. He is 6 '8 and very athletic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BJH

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:08 am

His name is Kevin Ndahiro and he went to St. Patrick's HS in Ottawa as a grade 10 last year. He played with the GTA-based CIA Bounce U15 team in an AAU tournament over the summer. Very big addition to Edmonton hoops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hoopstarscanada.com
cowtown23

PostSubject: Oleary new player   Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:16 pm

actually Kevin was in grade 9 last year at St. Patricks in Ottawa. Marial and Kevin were 2 grade 9 players. Marial and Kevin are both in the class of 2014.

I think Marial is ranked like 4th overall in flagrant fouls website and Kevin is 25th (but should be way higher than that)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BJH

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:03 pm

cowtown23 wrote:
actually Kevin was in grade 9 last year at St. Patricks in Ottawa. Marial and Kevin were 2 grade 9 players.

Marial was definitely in Grade 10 last year. Kevin is Grade 10 age and was listed that way in high school tournament programs and on the St. Pat's team page.

http://www.ottawacatholicschools.ca/sph/content.php?doc=3661&xwm=true

Marial Shayok (grade 10)
Braeden Wilkinson (grade 10)
Kevin Ndahiro (grade 10)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hoopstarscanada.com
cowtown23

PostSubject: yes but   Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:47 pm

programs are not always accurate

there is also a newspaper article that says he was in grade 9 last year

http://blogs.ottawacitizen.com/2011/02/15/st-patricks-fighting-irish-needs-double-overtime-to-reach-ncssaa-boys-senior-aaaaaaa-basketball-semifinals/

I think anyways you get 3 years eligibility in Alberta and as long as you are not 19 years old before the season starts

regardless i think he is registered as a grade 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about Edmonton?   Today at 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down

How about Edmonton?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1