HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HisAirness

PostSubject: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:48 am

Ok All,
Let’s get my favourite topic of the summer going. Now that the basketball landscape has changed in New Brunswick once again, what is everyone’s opinion on how it will all shake out. So for the brave let’s hear your top five in each division and your Harbour Station match ups. Good Luck and let the games begin!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:25 pm

So I guess to be fair I should start this thing off. So here goes my best shot:
Boys AA
St. Stephen –Great returning class will be the team to beat for the next two seasons
Woodstock-Jones will have his boys up and running he has the bodies to wrap around the Grays will be a strong, could play spoiler
Carlton North-After playing AAA it will be great for these boys to get back to AA as always a hard working team that Ian will keep going all year
Rothesay- Graduated 8 players from a par AAA team. But they could still bring enough players back to maybe upset some teams.
Sugarloaf- Good squad, Can they get enough fast paced strong games in to contend with St Stephen at the end of the year I’m not sure
Harbour Station
St Stephen vs Woodstock winner St Stephen
Boys AAA
FHS- As always a strong team great kids coming out of a top Jv program
Riverview- A fast strong squad my preseason favourite.
KVHS- Same rap as FHS top Jv program churning out great players what happens after that is up in the Air
Saint John High School- A ton of great talent here a long shot this year but a heavy favourite next season and rumour there is more talent moving in.
Im having a hard time with number five : Leo Hays is weak but you can never count Hickey out, Simonds should have a great young squad, Moncton High could show up in this mix too
Harbour Station
Riverview vs FHS winner Riverview

Can’t wait for the feedback
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P&R814

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 am

No " A" predictions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halfhobbit

PostSubject: "A" Prediction   Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:49 pm

P&R814 wrote:
No " A" predictions?

You could always come up with your own.

Don't know the East and North very well and didn't follow the West or South very closely last year.
Here's my Wield A** Guess

McAdam - Majority of the team returning
Grand Manan - Its GM they always seem to be competitive
Devon Park - McAloon will work his magic even though they graduated half the team
Harvey - Maybe, they graduated a lot, but Dave can work wonders.
Probably someone from the East/North.

HS - McAdam vs ? - with McAdam winning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:53 pm

How about Petitcodiac for 'A' boys, are they gonna be good this year? Its almost time to hear something from Hartland....its been awhile. Most likely McAdams to win or lose....followed by ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
f4xi

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:40 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:

How about Petitcodiac for 'A' boys, are they gonna be good this year? Its almost time to hear something from Hartland....its been awhile. Most likely McAdams to win or lose....followed by ???

For "A" boys, McAdam (and the southern conference) should be back to dominating the league. McAdam should easily win the conference, with Grand Manan, Harvey, and Campobello battling it out for the next three spots.

In the northeast, Belleisle has the big Grade 9 kid coming back, but not sure if they have many other peices, and Peticodiac should be ok. Im pretty sure Hooper had a young squad last year.

In the west Hartland, John Caldwell, and Devon Park should be all quite even.

Not sure if there is anyone who can give McAdam a game right now in "A".

The real competition starts in AA and AAA where there is some competitiveness at the top.
AA Boys have St. Stephen, Sugarloaf, Carleton North, and Woodstock who could possibly beat each other and AAA has KV, Riverview and FHS, and a few other teams on a good day could pull an upset.

As for picks for the three levels:
A- McAdam vs. Grand Manan (just for you breaker)
AA- St. Stephen vs. Sugarloaf
AAA- Riverview vs. FHS

The big game will be in the AAA south-west regional between FHS and KV to stay away from Riverview. I believe KV hosted last year, and it will be the western conference turn to host so FHS has home gym advantage (only reason I picked them). Not that it did them any good against McNaughton last year scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:48 pm

here are my picks

A Boys - MacAdam vs whoever. macAdam wins especially if the rumours about mcGillicudy moving back to macadam are true.
A Girls RNS to repeat vs a hard working SVHS who are playing all summer.

AA Boys SSHS vs SSHS and SSHS will win :-) too close to call- Sugarloaf has everybody back including the big kid who rumour has it did not graduate and the shooter is goin into gr 12 along with the guard from the u17 team. St Stephen had a tough , strong and young team last year.

AA Girls CNSHS vs Tantramar , CNSHS wins . Only if Rothesay and Woodstock play up.

AAA Boys RHS vs FHS - KV never seems to get it done when it matters or they could be there. RHS can shoot the rock but not big and can be out rebounded and therefore beaten. FHS reloads with some of the top talent in NB as always and will be tough and deep.

AAA Girls RHS vs WHS again . Rothesay and BMHS may have something to say about it but RHS just has so much depth and work so hard ( year round) they will be tough to beat. Though there is a change in coaching there that may make a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:20 pm

lebronrocks wrote:
here are my picks

A Boys - MacAdam vs whoever. macAdam wins especially if the rumours about mcGillicudy moving back to macadam are true.
A Girls RNS to repeat vs a hard working SVHS who are playing all summer. AA Boys SSHS vs SSHS and SSHS will win :-) too close to call- Sugarloaf has everybody back including the big kid who rumour has it did not graduate and the shooter is goin into gr 12 along with the guard from the u17 team. St Stephen had a tough , strong and young team last year.

AA Girls CNSHS vs Tantramar , CNSHS wins . Only if Rothesay and Woodstock play up.

AAA Boys RHS vs FHS - KV never seems to get it done when it matters or they could be there. RHS can shoot the rock but not big and can be out rebounded and therefore beaten. FHS reloads with some of the top talent in NB as always and will be tough and deep.

AAA Girls RHS vs WHS again . Rothesay and BMHS may have something to say about it but RHS just has so much depth and work so hard ( year round) they will be tough to beat. Though there is a change in coaching there that may make a difference.

That match up will be a tough one - SVHS is in AA, are they not?? Anyway, I'm glad to see six championship games and it is good to see a team like St.Stephen have a chance at a title, when they virtually had no chance in AAA. But, that is just my opinion....
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:19 pm

lebronrocks wrote:
here are my picks

A Girls RNS to repeat vs a hard working SVHS who are playing all summer. AA Boys SSHS vs SSHS and SSHS will win :-) too close to call- Sugarloaf has everybody back including the big kid who rumour has it did not graduate and the shooter is goin into gr 12 along with the guard from the u17 team. St Stephen had a tough , strong and young team last year.

That match up will be a tough one - SVHS is in AA, are they not?? Anyway, I'm glad to see six championship games and it is good to see a team like St.Stephen have a chance at a title, when they virtually had no chance in AAA. But, that is just my opinion....

Actually that girls matchup is impossible. Since both SVHS and RNS girls are AA this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:57 am

oooops. I guess my knowledge of A girls basketball is limited. So who will be the top A girls teams next year ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForLoveOfGame

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:22 am

Apparently, Serge Langis will be at Riverview High School next year with the varsity boys' team.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bnboldtimer

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Yes, serge Langis will be coaching at Riverview high next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NB Basketball

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 pm

For AAA I would say Riverview vs FHS at HS. Although i think SJHS could surprise some people.

AA St. Stephen vs Sugarloaf at HS. I can't see anyone giving these two teams any problems but I could be wrong.

A McAdam vs Harvey. I know these two teams graduated a lot but Harvey still has some young guns and McAdam has there key players returning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theonlyballer

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:20 pm

What about JV?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:22 pm

f4xi wrote:

For "A" boys, McAdam (and the southern conference) should be back to dominating the league. McAdam should easily win the conference, with Grand Manan, Harvey, and Campobello battling it out for the next three spots.

In the northeast, Belleisle has the big Grade 9 kid coming back, but not sure if they have many other peices, and Peticodiac should be ok. Im pretty sure Hooper had a young squad last year.

In the west Hartland, John Caldwell, and Devon Park should be all quite even.

Not sure if there is anyone who can give McAdam a game right now in "A".

The real competition starts in AA and AAA where there is some competitiveness at the top.
AA Boys have St. Stephen, Sugarloaf, Carleton North, and Woodstock who could possibly beat each other and AAA has KV, Riverview and FHS, and a few other teams on a good day could pull an upset.

As for picks for the three levels:
A- McAdam vs. Grand Manan (just for you breaker)
AA- St. Stephen vs. Sugarloaf
AAA- Riverview vs. FHS

The big game will be in the AAA south-west regional between FHS and KV to stay away from Riverview. I believe KV hosted last year, and it will be the western conference turn to host so FHS has home gym advantage (only reason I picked them). Not that it did them any good against McNaughton last year scratch

McAdam dominating the league...hmmmm. Just how many titles have McAdam won in the last 40 years? One!?! And that was gift wrapped. Yes, keep on dominating the league McAdam Bruins...err...Warriors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
baller20

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Just thought i'd add my predictions for 'A' competition this year Smile

A Predictions

South
1.McAdam
2.Grand Manan
3.Harvey
4.Campo
-----------------
5.RNS
6.SJDA

West
1.Devon Park
2.John Caldwell
3.Hartland
4.Nackawic
------------------
5.Canterbury
6.TVHS
7.St.Marys

North
1.ECB
2.CNBA
3.Stanley
4.NSER
-----------------
5.Blackville

East
1.Petitcodiac
2.Caledonia
3.Belliele
4.Minto
-----------------
5.Cambridge Narrows
6.Chipman
7.Sussex Cristian

Final: McAdam vs Harvey or Devon Park. Darkhorse pick: John Caldwell

Last edited by baller20 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellishhayde

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 pm

baller20 wrote:
Just thought i'd add my predictions for 'A' competition this year Smile

A Predictions

South
1.McAdam
2.Grand Manan
3.Harvey
4.Campo
-----------------
5.RNS
6.SJDA

West
1.Devon Park
2.John Caldwell
3.Hartland
4.Nackawic
------------------
5.Canterbury
6.TVHS
7.St.Marys

North
1.ECB
2.CNBA
3.Stanley
4.NSER
-----------------
5.Blackville

East
1.Petitcodiac
2.Caledonia
3.Belliele
4.Minto
-----------------
5.Cambridge Narrows
6.Chipman
7.Sussex Cristian
Tvhs is competative agaisnt nackwick and hartlanin fact a 2 -4 loss when all the players show up... nackawick was a 12 point loss and a 8 point loss so its kind of a wild card
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bnboldtimer

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:03 pm

why dont we get some AAA talk going on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tricky47

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:02 pm

NB Basketball wrote:
For AAA I would say Riverview vs FHS at HS. Although i think SJHS could surprise some people.

AA St. Stephen vs Sugarloaf at HS. I can't see anyone giving these two teams any problems but I could be wrong.

A McAdam vs Harvey. I know these two teams graduated a lot but Harvey still has some young guns and McAdam has there key players returning.

You don't think Woodstock will give either team a run for their money? St. Stephen/ Sugarloaf?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:54 am

A - In order

South - Mcadam, Campo, Harvey, GM
West - Devon, JCS, HCS, NHS
East - Petti, CRHS, Bellisile, Minto
North - CNBA, ECB, Stanley, NSER

All South Final Featuring whoever is hot and healthy at the time. Devon with an outside shot to sneak in but saddled with 14 leaague games that won't really help them.

AA - (Commentator note: Thanks to the NBIAA for re shaping a AA league so that with travel restrictions in the winter time, you end up with like 10 teams in the whole province who play and interlocked divisional play all over the place.)

South - St. Stephen, Rothesay, Fundy
West - Woodstock, CNHS, SVHS, ESA
NorthEast - Sugarloaf, DRHS, Tantramar, JMA

Final will feature - St. Stephen and SUgarloaf if they can keep the northern kids together and focused in a new league. If kids transfer or lose focus the St. Stephen could see Woodstock or CNHS is the final.

AAA - slightly down year

SouthWest - FHS, KVHS, SJHS, LHHS
North East - Riverview, BMHS, Bathurst, ????

Riverview & Fredericton/KVHS final seems most likely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NB Basketball

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I thought woodstock was AAA?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:11 pm

NB Basketball wrote:
I thought woodstock was AAA?

WHS is AA. Their girls varsity selected to go AAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am

This is going to be an interesting year at the AAA level. I think that you have 3 teams (FHS, KV, Riverview) that will all start quite a bit out in front of most other teams in the province. We'll see if they're able to play catch-up or not.

I really think that the games between those teams will be very interesting to watch...here's what I'm thinking:

FHS- This team is going to be huge. I'm curious to see if anyone's going to be able to keep them off the glass this year. If other teams are able to rebound with them, then they have a shot.

Riverview- Might be the opposite of FHS...this team will be able to shoot the lights out, but they're not going to be big at all. This is going to be a total clash of styles of play when they meet...the team who wins the games between these two teams is the team who controls the pace of play.

KV- These guys might be the most balanced team of the "big 3", but are they good enough? They have some guys who can shoot, but not as many as Riv---they have some bigs, but not as strong as FHS. KV will be able to play fast or slow on a given night.

The games between these top 3 teams will be great this year.

As for the other teams:

SJHS- Probably come in as a #4...they have some nice pieces in Livingston, Armstrong, and McGillicuddy...but I'm not sure if they're deep enough just yet to compete with the big boys.

After that, I believe that most other teams fall into a "clump" and are pretty close to the same.

You have teams like MacNaughton who return some players from last year's team. (which did gain some valuable playoff experience) These guys will probably finish 2nd in the Northeast.

Bathurst is still returning some players this year as well...just because they lose the names that we know (Daley & States) doesn't mean they won't be there. They had a good JV team last year as well. I see them finishing 3rd in the Northeast

Moncton High had a strong JV program last year, so we should start to see them moving up the list.

Leo Hayes could be in tough this year as they lost a lot of players from last year's team. Playing in a 3 team league should help them, as they don't play a game of importance until the playoffs. (could hurt them as well)

Well...that's kind of where I have teams pegged to start the year. In 3 months time, if this is even close to accurate, I should get paid for this...haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bnboldtimer

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36 pm

big news.. Serge will not be coaching riverview this season, he has taken a job with the new pro moncton basketball team. WIll this effect their chances?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:34 am

We know the better teams are in A, AA, AAA. But what about the darkhorses? In know in Moncton the team will be RHS, but what the other moncton/dieppe teams?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Today at 8:56 pm

Back to top Go down

2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next