HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HisAirness

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:37 am

coach LeBlanc wrote:
We know the better teams are in A, AA, AAA. But what about the darkhorses? In know in Moncton the team will be RHS, but what the other moncton/dieppe teams?

I dont see any other team out of Moncton having the depth to beat the big three KVHS,Riverview,FHS. The Moncton schools are lucky to have a ton of great athletes. Trouble is they dont produce a lot of basketball players. In this day and age (right or wrong)we have a ton of athletes that are playeing basket ball all year EDP/CP into High School into Age Class into BNB/Club team...rinse and repeat. Its is hard for schools the fight football/soccer till Nov and over the summer to get there team together and when they do get them they have not touched a ball since the spring
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbsportfan

PostSubject: what about defense   Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Seems to be a lot of discussion about the rankings based purely on a few player names. While some players can surely change a game, it is not always the team with the most talented offensive player(or even players) that wins the game.

Having experienced ball in other areas of the country, I notice that NB tends to focus on individual offensive play. Championship teams, at all levels, know that defense and teamwork is often the difference between winning and losing.

For example, I wouldnt count out those Moncton teams that have some solid players and a good system, they may just surprise everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbsportfan

PostSubject: AA vs AAA   Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:19 pm

how would you rank some of the top AA teams against the AAA teams? While maybe the top 2 or three AAA teams would easily rank above the top AA teams, where would you rank teams like st stephen, or even an A team like Mcadam?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:33 pm

'A'

Mcadam is gonna be tough, Devon Park has a lot of strength coming up through the system, Harvey is always tough, Grand Manan could be a surprise. In the NorthEast, could be anybody's game with Sugarloaf and Dalhousie gone, CNBA lost a tonne probably won't be that strong, Belleisle seems to be getting a strong program started, should be a fun year! The best part is, no lockouts in the NBIAA Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
streaky3

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm

baller20 wrote:
Just thought i'd add my predictions for 'A' competition this year Smile

A Predictions

South
1.McAdam
2.Grand Manan
3.Harvey
4.Campo
-----------------
5.RNS
6.SJDA

West
1.Devon Park
2.John Caldwell
3.Hartland
4.Nackawic
------------------
5.Canterbury
6.TVHS
7.St.Marys

North
1.ECB
2.CNBA
3.Stanley
4.NSER
-----------------
5.Blackville

East
1.Petitcodiac
2.Caledonia
3.Belliele
4.Minto
-----------------
5.Cambridge Narrows
6.Chipman
7.Sussex Cristian

Final: McAdam vs Harvey or Devon Park. Darkhorse pick: John Caldwell

For the east division i can see

1.Petticodiac
2.Caledonia
3.Belisle
4. Cambridge Narrows
-----------------------------
5. Minto
6.Chipman
7. Sussex Christian

Just because last year Minto had Justin Corey and Ryan Gibbon, but they both graduated and they scored around 60 or 7- % of the points they were scoring. Cambridge Narrows Did lose Jordan Hall and Joel Muise, but we have our whole team excluding those two this year, Malcolm and Robert are our Center's/Power Forwards, we have Andy Muise at small forward , you have Devon Graves, Hamish Hornell and Cody Bright and the point guard position is really to be determined. We got some really good talent here , Devon Graves is a streaky shooter but There is also alot of good shooters on the team of Cambridge Narrows. Petticodiac I think has the best chance of winning the division with they're all so great players. Thats How i think of things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
forreal?

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:35 pm

"just because minto"... come on now. your already making yourselves seem foolish by bragging up your entire team (which in A highschool ball, they cant all be that good). Nobodys heard of these kids, your just dropping names like your naming the east all star team. The east is arguably the weakest division in A ball, wait untill you pay some teams from the south and west, after that, then you can make a legitimate argument.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
streaky3

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:49 pm

forreal? wrote:
"just because minto"... come on now. your already making yourselves seem foolish by bragging up your entire team (which in A highschool ball, they cant all be that good). Nobodys heard of these kids, your just dropping names like your naming the east all star team. The east is arguably the weakest division in A ball, wait untill you pay some teams from the south and west, after that, then you can make a legitimate argument.

Yeah well, Just because were A does not mean we suck or we cant be all that good , you are starting to judge our team just because were set in A , if you would like to know , were in A because of our school population , thats how this kind of things go! so before you start starting to say crap actually see the certain kind of people play before you can judge us !! I'm really starting to get sick of people judging us in cambridge when really, none of those people have seen us or other people play !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
forreal?

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:08 pm

yeah, i was always from an A school too.. you never saw me going on here bragging everyone up. You say your school is small, devon park has less than 100 students and they won a AA title last year. Harvey, a little over 100, made it to AA finals. Mcadam, less then 100, a perrennial powerhouse. You dont see any of thses teams doing what your doing. Like i said, do something and maybe people wont "judge" cambridge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
streaky3

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:12 pm

forreal? wrote:
yeah, i was always from an A school too.. you never saw me going on here bragging everyone up. You say your school is small, devon park has less than 100 students and they won a AA title last year. Harvey, a little over 100, made it to AA finals. Mcadam, less then 100, a perrennial powerhouse. You dont see any of thses teams doing what your doing. Like i said, do something and maybe people wont "judge" cambridge.

for one thing, im not bragging. Our team has the Goods and the bads! i dont brag about stuff because it always come back to bite you!
I didnt mean to offend you if i did offend you, we do have a good talent though for our community size
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigmac29

PostSubject: why dose everyone just asume that minto will do good? all minto ever had was justin corey and he gone.    Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:12 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
A - In order

South - Mcadam, Campo, Harvey, GM
West - Devon, JCS, HCS, NHS
East - Petti, CRHS, Bellisile, Minto
North - CNBA, ECB, Stanley, NSER

All South Final Featuring whoever is hot and healthy at the time. Devon with an outside shot to sneak in but saddled with 14 leaague games that won't really help them.

AA - (Commentator note: Thanks to the NBIAA for re shaping a AA league so that with travel restrictions in the winter time, you end up with like 10 teams in the whole province who play and interlocked divisional play all over the place.)

South - St. Stephen, Rothesay, Fundy
West - Woodstock, CNHS, SVHS, ESA
NorthEast - Sugarloaf, DRHS, Tantramar, JMA

Final will feature - St. Stephen and SUgarloaf if they can keep the northern kids together and focused in a new league. If kids transfer or lose focus the St. Stephen could see Woodstock or CNHS is the final.

AAA - slightly down year

SouthWest - FHS, KVHS, SJHS, LHHS
North East - Riverview, BMHS, Bathurst, ????

Riverview & Fredericton/KVHS final seems most likely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PG#11

PostSubject: In my opinion minto will be the worst A team in the east this year    Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:04 pm

bigmac29 wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
A - In order

South - Mcadam, Campo, Harvey, GM
West - Devon, JCS, HCS, NHS
East - Petti, CRHS, Bellisile, Minto
North - CNBA, ECB, Stanley, NSER

All South Final Featuring whoever is hot and healthy at the time. Devon with an outside shot to sneak in but saddled with 14 leaague games that won't really help them.

AA - (Commentator note: Thanks to the NBIAA for re shaping a AA league so that with travel restrictions in the winter time, you end up with like 10 teams in the whole province who play and interlocked divisional play all over the place.)

South - St. Stephen, Rothesay, Fundy
West - Woodstock, CNHS, SVHS, ESA
NorthEast - Sugarloaf, DRHS, Tantramar, JMA

Final will feature - St. Stephen and SUgarloaf if they can keep the northern kids together and focused in a new league. If kids transfer or lose focus the St. Stephen could see Woodstock or CNHS is the final.

AAA - slightly down year

SouthWest - FHS, KVHS, SJHS, LHHS
North East - Riverview, BMHS, Bathurst, ????

Riverview & Fredericton/KVHS final seems most likely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:18 am

The RNS students only play other sports at their school because it is mandatory. I will not say recruit because we know that never happens in the NBIAA??? but they have the means to "attract" athletes to their school by tuition breaks or small classes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Maybe I misread the previous post (and if I did perhaps the following rant is not needed) . . Really we're back to the RNS bashing.

I'm not sure what people are worried about. Are A schools worried about the RNS boys basketabll team that was winless in league play last time they had a team. Their varsity girls team that could be playing A but specificaly requested and was allowed to move up to AA to be in a more appropriately competitive environment? Do we care about JV wins and losses so much we are worried about RNS athletes there? Is it just general anti-prep school sentiment.

As far as I can tell, looking at sports in general, RNS has always tried to do the right thing. THey are given extra felixibity due to the nature of their school sure. I don't see them abusing it though. THey haven't sat at one level pounding away at people winning titles. WHen they shifted their focus to hockey they only stayed in that league until they realised it wasn't good for them or the league and left. They are playing up in AA again this year in girls, instead of dropping back to A where they could have to have an much easier road.

I'm not an RNS fan but it sounds a lot like the same gripes I hear a lot of from fans, players and coaches in NB. It comes down to I want my "team/kid/school/program/etc" to win and its not fair that good team X has to be in their league. We heard it when Bathurst got permission to play down for 1 year and won. Schools who were strong in AA basketball/hockey had similar complaints the 3 years they were playing up in AAA. When an older kid repeats a year and is a 19/20 year old supersptar we hear it. WHen Fredericton was picking from 3000 plus kids that was unfair too.

No one likes blowouts. No one! Everyone would like to be competitive; but the more we, as adults, structure it that way the ownership is not then on kids to work hard to compete. There has to be a fine line reached there. If someone has a legitmate complaint about a school/program go through proper channels to have it addressed, if you just don't like how someone else being strong every now and then affects your teams chances - feel free to voice that but lets not start going after schools who are trying to do things right because of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: 2011-2012 AAA   Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Look-out for the a very underrated team James M Hill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:59 pm

poolie wrote:
Look-out for the a very underrated team James M Hill
Im glad this was posted at 11pm on Saturday night. So I can chalk this up to rum and coke. James M Hill is not underrated, they may do well against teams in the north like ESN or Miramichi Valley. They may even upset a weak Bathurst in the North and finish first in that conference. That being said they in no way can compete with the large AAA schools and I think they would have a hard time beating the better AA and A schools St. Stephen, McAdam ect . If they get within 20pts of a FHS,KVHS,Riverview I would print this whole thread and eat it. I know people over estimate there teams from time to time but this one is a little much . We are talking about beating schools that if you round up the kids they cut it would make a top 10 team. They are looking down there bench at 5+ team NB kids. They are just powerhouses.Im not a KV, FHS, or Riverview fan and I know there has yet to be a tip of this season but I don’t see how we can throw JMH into playoff talks..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: JMH   Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Unfortunately they play in the North and dont have the interlocking schedule. If they did have a northeastern division i think that they would make some noise. They are going to be a fast athletic group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:49 pm

poolie wrote:
Unfortunately they play in the North and dont have the interlocking schedule. If they did have a northeastern division i think that they would make some noise. They are going to be a fast athletic group.
I agree Poolie. Im sure they will be strong in the North or the NE. I just dont see them having the depth when it comes to crossing over against the South West.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:13 am

time will tell hopefully with a little magic i will be right.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:24 am

In the North CNBA will finish dead last as they will not be having a team this year due to lack of interest, very very disappointing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:35 am

I know its really early but Sugarloaf over Woodstock in OT in the Bathurst tournament ! Might change some AA predictions ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:18 pm

What ever happened to the Top 10? Would love to see that started up again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defense14

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Mcadam loses to harvey in sj tourney
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:40 pm

swballa wrote:
What ever happened to the Top 10? Would love to see that started up again.
Top 10 was done by Boas. He stopped doing it cause people went all "bat crap crazy" every time he did one. Got real personal sometimes too. Also CNBA does not have a boys team this year so his interest has likely waned as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:18 am

I'd like to do a top 10 agin this year but I don't have the time to follow it as closly as I'd like. The new top 8 looks good tho, its all urs 39forever hahah keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: Havent seen any updates in a while   Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Just wondering if someone was going to attempt an educated guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA   Today at 1:17 pm

Back to top Go down

2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next