HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
20yearcoach

PostSubject: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:45 pm

This should be an interesting year now that we are back to 3 divisions - any predictions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:41 pm

I will take a shot at it.
AAA Riverview, Mcnaughton, FHS and KV should round out the top 4.
Prediction- Riverview and FHS at harbour.

AA Rhothsay should lead the way with CN , SV and maybe RNS battling for 2 through 4 .Prediction - Rothsay and CNHS at Harbour.

A This should be the hardest to predict. Caladonia has all there players back from a good young aggresive team. GM has brown returning which makes them a contender. JCS are still young but have improved. TVHS has eight players returning with good size and experience from going to Harbour. There is no team that stands out in A and should make for some good competitive ball. My early prediction woule be Caladonia and GM to go to Harbour but watch for TV and JCS to maybe slip in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:13 pm

AAA Girls - BMHS/Riveriview vs FHS in the Final. Other top teams (KVHS, Leo Hayes)

AA Girls - Tantramar vs Rothesay in the Final. Other top teams (CNHS, SVHS) Potential dark horses (DRHS, RNS, FHS)

A Girls - Caledonia vs GM Final. Other top teams (JCS,??)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 pm

John Caldwell ........Grand Falls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 pm

i have to admit, i'm not very familiar with AA teams at all going into the fall.
which girls have graduated, which teams are "stronger" because of re classification(s) so, i'm going in blind this fall. Can anyone fill me in with that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFanNB

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 am

JMA has their all star returning and the only AA player playing U 17 this season..They should be looking good in AA.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:18 pm

BasketballFanNB wrote:
JMA has their all star returning and the only AA player playing U 17 this season..They should be looking good in AA.

They will get slaughtered....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:34 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
BasketballFanNB wrote:

Haha.....I love how we can always count on you to keep us grounded, buddy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:44 pm

So, nothing on AA girls that could dominate or AA teams that wouldn't normally have a shot if AAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:44 pm

A I heard Caladonia may have had their sisters transfer (Move) to BMHS, if so Grand Manan favorities with John Caldwell, HArvey and Stanley chasing, if not I still pick Grand Manan then slip in Caladonia
AA Tantramar and RNS as favorites SV, CNHS, and RNS making up ground as the year moves on.
AAA Riverview,BMHS (if the 2 girls from Caladonia transferred), Leo Hayes, FHS, Woodstock then KV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Coachmac wrote:
BasketballFanNB wrote:

Haha.....I love how we can always count on you to keep us grounded, buddy!

I only tell the truth....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KG

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:49 pm

pastprimetime wrote:
A I heard Caladonia may have had their sisters transfer (Move) to BMHS, if so Grand Manan favorities with John Caldwell, HArvey and Stanley chasing, if not I still pick Grand Manan then slip in Caladonia
AA Tantramar and RNS as favorites SV, CNHS, and RNS making up ground as the year moves on.
AAA Riverview,BMHS (if the 2 girls from Caladonia transferred), Leo Hayes, FHS, Woodstock then KV

The sisters are not going anywhere, and that is a fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:36 am

RNS girls are up in AA and not messing around. With just about everyone back from last years team they have apparently got some talent coming in. A local kid that would have helped RHS be top in AA and potentially a couple of other transfers are moving them up the AA ladder and its only August.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:37 am

CoachDJR wrote:
RNS girls are up in AA and not messing around. With just about everyone back from last years team they have apparently got some talent coming in. A local kid that would have helped RHS be top in AA and potentially a couple of other transfers are moving them up the AA ladder and its only August.

Sounds like it should be a fun season.
Back to top Go down
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:15 pm

CoachDJR wrote:

By transfers , do you mean recruits ? Players who might be getting a break on tuition or some other expenses to attend this private school ,because they can play basketball ?
Or just kids , who were looking for a private school , and picked this one because of its basketball program and academic reputation?
Or kids the school recruiters knew were good basketball players and they tried to encourage them to pick this school as the private school they wanted to attend ( no financial incentives required?)
Not condeming or condoning , just curious .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:38 pm

No idea just heard via a mostly reliable grapevine that at least 1 provincial team player will be at RNS next year rather then her previous high school. Also being a private school they will always get new potential athletes yearly locally and from abroad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
No idea just heard via a mostly reliable grapevine that at least 1 provincial team player will be at RNS next year rather then her previous high school. Also being a private school they will always get new potential athletes yearly locally and from abroad.

RNS has a slight advantage over other single A schools, simply because they can recruit if they choose, or subsidise to entice elite atheletes if they choose, a good move for them to go AA, for that reason and for travel, I am pretty sure it is for the latter reason. They don't like having to go to GM and Campobello at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 pm

I think the single A girls season will be very tight this year, I think the top 4 will be represented by each of the 4 zones, Stanley, John Caldwell, GM and Caledonia. After that, I think it drops off a bit. TV should be not be a factor, they lost every player that got more than 3 min per game except for 1. Harvey took a big hit this year losing their top 3 players as well.
I think any one of the top 4 could make it to HS this year, it is the north and the souths turn to host regionals this year, which means barring a big upset in the south, one of the Harbour Station participants is going to have to make a trip to Grand Manan, a home court advantage if I ever saw one. The other participant is going to have to go to Stanley, another tough gym. I will say Grand Manan and Stanley at Harbour Station, let's see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:35 pm

I think the AA girls will be very interesting.

In the southwest RHS, RNS, SVHS, CNHS, SSHS all have some solid players and quality coaching. Some teams dropping down from triple A. Some up from AA with provincial team talent. FHS would be young but with a bright future and solid coaching. Only ESA appears to be down here.

On the NE you've got Tantramar who might be the pre-season favorite, and a JMA team with a growing program who should be very deep. Sugarloaf was young last year but what that translates into this year and what they decide to do travel wise could be an issue. Dalhousie was tough and will continue to be with quality coaching. I'm not sure what the few other NE AA schools would have to offer.

As far as I can tell this should be the most competitive division top down in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:13 am

Tantramar has lost a couple key players to graduation, so not sure if they will be favorites, they do have a key player going in grade 11, but should be in the playoff mix in AA, depending on the NE division and teams in the division.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:25 am

CoachDJR wrote:

In the southwest RHS, RNS, SVHS, CNHS, SSHS all have some solid players and quality coaching. Some teams dropping down from triple A. Some up from AA with provincial team talent. FHS would be young but with a bright future and solid coaching. Only ESA appears to be down here.

On the NE you've got Tantramar who might be the pre-season favorite, and a JMA team with a growing program who should be very deep. Sugarloaf was young last year but what that translates into this year and what they decide to do travel wise could be an issue. Dalhousie was tough and will continue to be with quality coaching. I'm not sure what the few other NE AA schools would have to offer.

As far as I can tell this should be the most competitive division top down in the province.

JMA should be playing 'A' ball.....they couldn't get ranked in 'A' last year. Got crushed (55 & 40) by two teams who didn't even make the finals...so I don't know how they can compete with the rest of 'AA'....maybe in the NE, but not overall. The Christians had a better chance against the lions....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cofosho

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Girls
AAA: KV vs FHS at Harbor station
AA: RHS vs RNS
A: ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:09 pm

CoachDJR wrote:

JMA should be playing 'A' ball.....they couldn't get ranked in 'A' last year. Got crushed (55 & 40) by two teams who didn't even make the finals...so I don't know how they can compete with the rest of 'AA'....maybe in the NE, but not overall. The Christians had a better chance against the lions....

We just play for the spiritual enlightenment. That and the fact they sometimes have red licorice at the canteen.
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Coach Mac, I would like to be present the game in the next couple of years when your girls beat GM. I will provide the red licorice just to be present in person and on this board the following day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:40 am

CoachDJR wrote:
Coach Mac, I would like to be present the game in the next couple of years when your girls beat GM. I will provide the red licorice just to be present in person and on this board the following day

haha...we will do our best to hold you to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Today at 6:38 am

Back to top Go down

2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next