HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:00 am

Do any of you know the teams in each division yet for AA? What teams will be playing AA for sure and not staying in AAA or A....i know there were a few teams wanting to move up or down...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 am

As far as I know the only AA girls team moving up to AAA is Woodstock High School.

RNS girls are moving up to AA girls as well.

The south has SSHS, RNS, RHS and FHS. THe west has SVHS, CNHS and possibly ESA. Depending on what ESA does and the wishes of the schools involved they may need to interlock.

In the north-east has Sugarloaf, DRHS, TRHS, JMA, Bonar Law . . .

Although none of this is final as schools have up until Nov to register teams and choose to play varsity of exh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:33 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
Coach Mac, I would like to be present the game in the next couple of years when your girls beat GM. I will provide the red licorice just to be present in person and on this board the following day

Perhaps the same deal could be made for when the Fundy varsity girls beat GM.........I think the sales of red licorice are gonna go way down. Just don't see either happening. I mean really, what is different now from the past, the GM girls are still very strong, favoured to win the southwest and a real possibility for Harbour Station, JMA is definately better than they were 5 years ago, but as we saw last year, no where near competitive with GM, Seeing that GM only lost 2 players last year, don't see this year being much different. As for Fundy CoachDJR, they didn't even have a varsity team last year. They get by on their size in the lower divisions, but they can't compete when they get to varsity and lose that advantage. Think about this before you start planning celebrations at GM's expense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:16 am

39forever wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
Coach Mac, I would like to be present the game in the next couple of years when your girls beat GM. I will provide the red licorice just to be present in person and on this board the following day

Perhaps the same deal could be made for when the Fundy varsity girls beat GM.........I think the sales of red licorice are gonna go way down. Just don't see either happening. I mean really, what is different now from the past, the GM girls are still very strong, favoured to win the southwest and a real possibility for Harbour Station, JMA is definately better than they were 5 years ago, but as we saw last year, no where near competitive with GM, Seeing that GM only lost 2 players last year, don't see this year being much different. As for Fundy CoachDJR, they didn't even have a varsity team last year. They get by on their size in the lower divisions, but they can't compete when they get to varsity and lose that advantage. Think about this before you start planning celebrations at GM's expense.

Wow apparently everyone's sense of fun has just completely disappeared and fyi I tend to eat more red licorice when we lose.

I don't think either of the teams mentioned are likely to beat GM this year and in a couple plus years maybe. . . I was in no way trying to say anything about GM basketball, or Fundy basketball or JMA basketball. Simply trying to have some fun jumping on the Coach Mac + GM 84-88 banter wagon.

Last edited by CoachDJR on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:01 am

CoachDJR wrote:
AAA Girls - BMHS/Riveriview vs FHS in the Final. Other top teams (KVHS, Leo Hayes)

AA Girls - Tantramar vs Rothesay in the Final. Other top teams (CNHS, SVHS) Potential dark horses (DRHS, RNS, FHS)

A Girls - Caledonia vs GM Final. Other top teams (JCS,??)

AAA - Riverview and Fredericton - agreed
AA - RNS and RHS - although it will be the best/tightest division in the NBIAA so a number of teams can break through here
A - GMCS and whoever - now that RNS has moved to AA and the A is back to true small schools GMCS will probably run away with this division

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Don't know if GMCS is going to run away with this division or not, a couple of pretty strong teams in A this year. John Caldwell is young and made great strides last year, should give a good push this year, same can be said for Caledonia. Stanley made a strong showing and got beat out by eventual Provincial Champions Rothesay Netherwood.
I think these 4 teams will be very close this season, should win their respective zones. Harvey, Peti,Tobique and probably Hartland round out the top 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 am

39forever wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

I think you missed the "fun" aspect of the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 am

Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

I think you missed the "fun" aspect of the post.

Nope, don't think I did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: recruits   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 am

Lets face it. RNS can win any banner in any sport. They have the means to recruit kids. They are in a different situation than all of the other schools in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:03 am

baller24 wrote:
Lets face it. RNS can win any banner in any sport. They have the means to recruit kids. They are in a different situation than all of the other schools in the province.

In case you are unaware of the direction of the school - they are a hockey school - they have dropped out of the NBIAA in hockey because of competition issues. They do not care about the other sports!! They have experienced coaches, great facilities and the fact that every kid needs to be involved in the sports program. If they really wanted to recruit students for championships they would have won a ton more than they have - 1 basketball championship does not mean they are recruiting students to win championships
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 am

baller24 wrote:

I'm not sure what all this RNS negativity is about. They are primarily a hockey school. If they wanted to recruit kids to win titles you would think they'd have more? Their soccer and rugby programs have been traditionally strong but that is due to their proliferation of international students and their experience in field sports.

People should also keep in mind they are IB school so the nature of their academic program limits the type of student who would be able to attend and succeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
baller24 wrote:

I'm not sure what all this RNS negativity is about. They are primarily a hockey school. If they wanted to recruit kids to win titles you would think they'd have more? Their soccer and rugby programs have been traditionally strong but that is due to their proliferation of international students and their experience in field sports.

People should also keep in mind they are IB school so the nature of their academic program limits the type of student who would be able to attend and succeed.

I would tend to agree with the coach - the students are RNS do not play any one sport year round - they need to play 3 sports, involve in other activities and of course the IB program. I was a little to rash to say that they do not care about other sports - they just do not recruit foor other sports - they just get what they get and the coaches work with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:07 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
baller24 wrote:

I would tend to agree with the coach - the students are RNS do not play any one sport year round - they need to play 3 sports, involve in other activities and of course the IB program. I was a little to rash to say that they do not care about other sports - they just do not recruit foor other sports - they just get what they get and the coaches work with them.

I agree. My experience with their girls coaches was nothing but positive and I believe their championship was due to hard work and great coaching more than any recruiting they might have done.
Back to top Go down
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:32 am

Although it may be a tough season for the Salisbury girls, I wouldn't underestimate them.. With their many returning players, their determination and their laugh it off attitudes, they are sure to keep things sizzling on the court all season long!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: rumours   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 am

Rumours out the western conference girl's AA SVHS may not have any of the 6 returning seniors play for them this year. While that would include only 1 starter that would be quite a hit in numbers or players I would think. Anyone else heard this. I heard from rumours from opposing players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:31 am

Where are the girls at SV going?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 am

Girls Predictions:

A-
Southwest - GMCS, JCS, Harvey, Hartland
NorthWest - Caledonia, Stanley, ???, ???

Final - Caledonia vs GMCS

AA - (probably the toughest to call until the games get under way and see how teams back from AAA and up from AA stack up head to head)

Southwest - RHS, RNS, CNHS, St. Stephen
Northwest - Tantramar, JMA, DRHS, Sugarloaf

FInal - Tantramar vs whoever is playing the best from the Southwest and makes the playoffs.

AAA -

SouthWest - FHS, KVHS, LHHS, WHS
Northeast - Riverview, BMHS, HTHS, ODY

Final - Riverview, BMHS, FHS - will battle it out to be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:00 pm

now that practices have started (and games in 2 days) how does everyone team look? Same predictions??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Why are you guys picking on the GM girls? That's not nice. Especially with a new coach....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:07 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:

Why are you guys picking on the GM girls? That's not nice. Especially with a new coach....

What are you talking about - there is talk of the going to Harbour Station - how is that picking on them??? The only team I see being picked on is RNS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:52 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
now that practices have started (and games in 2 days) how does everyone team look? Same predictions??
This weekend should clear things up a bit, with Harvey, GM , Stanley and Caledonia all at the same tourny, we should have a bit of an idea where they stand by Saturday. Too bad Caldwell wasn't there too, they will be in the mix for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:34 am

Anyone hear news on the Bathurst tournament this weekend?
The 1st of league games for most leageu this week should be interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:30 am

Hard to say a lot at this point.

Exhibition tournaments are always a crap shoot in terms of who has what and how has gotten what put in system wise. RNS took care of buisness at BHS tournament but no one else there has any real expectations of makng noise in A, AA or AAA so that is to be expected. GM has been rolling along but clearly have the offensive side of the things worked out and no one has had time to make an adjustment yet. AAA girls seems more wide open then many would have expected.

A Girls

GM is tops with a new coach and more firepower then the rest they are up tempo and rolling over teams right now. Harvey, Jon Caldwell, Stanley, Caledonia could all be there with them in the end but someone has to figure out how to slow them down or score with them.

AA Girls

Tough to see anything yet. RNS is beating people they should. RHS has to the be favorite with an early couple of drubbings against AA opponents and being competitive with top flight AAA teams. SVHS and St. Stephen haven't been setting the world on fire but have been competitie in fields with strong competition. Southwest seems strong compared to NE at this point but thiings will need to sort out over time here. Every game may be an important game to teams with the exception of RHS.

AAA Girls

This field may be more competitive then first expected based on Lions Den results and other early feedback.

FHS is the current front runner but BMHS, Riverview, KVHS, LHHS, WHS all seem to be within a good game of being a front runner too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am

To get the discussion going.......
AA
1. Rothesay High
2. Rothesay Netherwood
3. Southern Victoria
4. Carlton North
5. Tantramar
6. St. Stephen
7. JMA
8. Bonar Law

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:59 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
To get the discussion going.......
AA
1. Rothesay High
2. Rothesay Netherwood
3. Southern Victoria
4. Carlton North
5. Tantramar
6. St. Stephen
7. JMA
8. Bonar Law

I'd probably add Fundy in at 7th and bump us down to 8th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Today at 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down

2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next