HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
A

1 GM
2 JCS
3 Caledonia
4 Harvey
5 Stanley
6 TVHS
7 Hartland
8 Mcadam
- I see no changes here - GM is ahead of the pack and as long as injuries do not get in their way they should win at Harbour Station. However, it will be fun to see them battle Caldwell

AA
1- Rothesay
2 - CNHS
3 - RNS
4 - SVHS
5 - Tantramar
6 - St. Stephen
7 - JMA
8 - Fundy
- Rothesay is head and shoulders above the rest of the AA pack - with the rest of the teams fighting for 2nd place (hmmmm seemed to have heard this before - Tobique) although after the Top of the Hill and how deep RNS went to fill in for injuries they look pretty good. St. Stephen and Fundy will be playing spoiler the rest of the year.

AAA

1 -FHS
2 - Riverview
3 - BMHS
4 - WHS
5- LHHS
6 - Sussex
7 - St. Macs
8 - KVHS
- I would move KVHS to 5th and the rest move down but the top 4 seem about right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:46 pm

CNHS is certainly not # 2 on the list, they should be 6-8th. Tantramar is probably 3rd and the rest really don't matter. Sugarloaf is not a top 4 team either. none the less, Rothsay is the top team, but anything can and likley will happen come regionals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwhat

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:18 pm

bballer2 wrote:
CNHS is certainly not # 2 on the list, they should be 6-8th. Tantramar is probably 3rd and the rest really don't matter. Sugarloaf is not a top 4 team either. none the less, Rothsay is the top team, but anything can and likley will happen come regionals.

I agreee CN is not number 2 and Tantramar is definately higher. SVHS is not Sugarloaf though... this is South Vic and they are a top 4 team. Here is my ranking.

1. RHS - as stated in previous post
2. Tantramar - great shooting team, with RNS's injuries I don't know if they can keep up or not
3. RNS - scores seemed well this weekend with those injuries
4. SV - Lost to RNS but has beaten CN
5. CN - 4th in the SW but don't think the NE has anyone else
6. JMA - has played GM and RNS well the last 2 weekends... seem to be playing better lately
7. St. SHS
8. Fundy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Dwhat wrote:
bballer2 wrote:

I agreee CN is not number 2 and Tantramar is definately higher. SVHS is not Sugarloaf though... this is South Vic and they are a top 4 team. Here is my ranking.

2. Tantramar - great shooting team, with RNS's injuries I don't know if they can keep up or not
6. JMA - has played GM and RNS well the last 2 weekends... seem to be playing better lately
7. St. SHS
8. Fundy

Ok, my bad on Sugarloaf- sorry South Victoria.
I am not aware of the injuries with RNS- who is injured and how long is she/they out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:28 pm

bballer2 wrote:
Dwhat wrote:
bballer2 wrote:

7. St. SHS
8. Fundy

I am not aware of the injuries with RNS- who is injured and how long is she/they out?
In the finals they started their bench as three starters could not play and still beat SVHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:41 pm

20yearcoach wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
Dwhat wrote:
bballer2 wrote:

7. St. SHS
8. Fundy

In the finals they started their bench as three starters could not play and still beat SVHS
Isee, sounds like a pretty deep bench, although SV (in my opinion) is not a strong team. Tantramar beat them by 20ish last weekend and i believe they were winless in the potato barrel. But still, when you start your bench and win- that's impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:34 pm

A-

1. GM - Pre Season favs, until someone beats em they are there.
2. JCS - Clearly #2 with a shot at number 1 but you gotta beat the best to be the best.
3. Caledonia - Tough out for any team on this list.
4. Harvey - Tough and improving.
5. Stanley - I guess the next best though other than 1 close game with a short handed GM aren't doing much else to get themselves ranked any higher.
6. TVHS - Basically leveled out here. Early season experience hasn't gotten much better lately.
7. Hartland
8. Campo

AA
1. Rothesay - Easily #1 have beaten everyone else by 30+. Arguably would be the 4-5 best AAA team in the province.
2. TRHS - Good wins lately. Putting themselves a level above most other teams in AA.
3. RNS - A little inconsistent early based on scores, beat up right now. Seem to be getting stronger and hopefully healthier at the right time. Never doubt on champs. (UNless they are the Packers)
4. SVHS - Still not quite at the level of the top 3 be the next strongest.
5. CNHS
6. JMA
7. SSHS
8. FHS

AAA

1. FHS/ RHS - Riverview and Fredericton in an any given Sunday situation.
3. WHS - Tough mathcup with both control and potential to make shots but not at the level of the top 2 yet.
4. BMHS - Strong team needs to find a way to beat the teams ahead of them.
5. KVHS - Seem to be righting the ship after coaching change midseason.
6. LHHS
7. St. Macs
8. Sussex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 am

KVHS girls had a coaching change?? I hope nothing meical with Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwhat

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:32 am

CoachDJR wrote:
A-

1. GM - Pre Season favs, until someone beats em they are there.
2. JCS - Clearly #2 with a shot at number 1 but you gotta beat the best to be the best.
3. Caledonia - Tough out for any team on this list.
4. Harvey - Tough and improving.
5. Stanley - I guess the next best though other than 1 close game with a short handed GM aren't doing much else to get themselves ranked any higher.
6. TVHS - Basically leveled out here. Early season experience hasn't gotten much better lately.
7. Hartland
8. Campo

Petitcodiac should be mentioned in here somewhere. They have beaten Stanley the only time they played this year and have also beaten TV early in the year. The lost to Caledonia but I believe that is their only league loss. I have them at 5 ahead of Stanley.

AA
1. Rothesay - Easily #1 have beaten everyone else by 30+. Arguably would be the 4-5 best AAA team in the province.
2. TRHS - Good wins lately. Putting themselves a level above most other teams in AA.
3. RNS - A little inconsistent early based on scores, beat up right now. Seem to be getting stronger and hopefully healthier at the right time. Never doubt on champs. (UNless they are the Packers)
4. SVHS - Still not quite at the level of the top 3 be the next strongest.
5. CNHS
6. JMA
7. SSHS
8. FHS

As for the RNS injuries, a previous post said 3 starters did not play... I believe that it was 2 plus Anna did not start but still ended up with 28 points in the game so must have played a fair amount. They are a deep team.

AAA

1. FHS/ RHS - Riverview and Fredericton in an any given Sunday situation.
3. WHS - Tough mathcup with both control and potential to make shots but not at the level of the top 2 yet.
4. BMHS - Strong team needs to find a way to beat the teams ahead of them.
5. KVHS - Seem to be righting the ship after coaching change midseason.
6. LHHS
7. St. Macs
8. Sussex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 am

CNHS beats Woodstock in an exhibition last night.

I'm not sure what that says or what the circumstances were?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 am

CoachDJR wrote:
CNHS beats Woodstock in an exhibition last night.

I'm not sure what that says or what the circumstances were?

Im not sure either- i would think Woodstock didn't have their full lineup or starters didn't play starter minutes. At the potato barrel, they had little trouble against CNHS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huios30

PostSubject: Subject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Grand Manan girls over Harvey by 31. Friends told me Grand Manan looked beatable in the first half, but one of their sharp shooters was missing. Is that Wilson or Brown girl.

Is Grand Manan beatable with a full squad? Curious.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:31 am

Huios30 wrote:
Grand Manan girls over Harvey by 31. Friends told me Grand Manan looked beatable in the first half, but one of their sharp shooters was missing. Is that Wilson or Brown girl.

Any team is beatable, aske Harvey boys about McAdam, ask TV girls about last year. It was Wilson who was out for GM, but Harvey was missing 2 starters, so I think the teams are closer than that. Big win for GM tho, they just have to take care of Harvey on Grand Manan next Sunday and they will be hosting Regionals on the 10th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:46 am

It is unlikely Harvey will ever beat GM by 31 in GM so regionals will be there. Harvey will have their hands full with a scrappy Canterbury team in regionals as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:09 am

celtic wrote:
It is unlikely Harvey will ever beat GM by 31 in GM so regionals will be there. Harvey will have their hands full with a scrappy Canterbury team in regionals as well.

Canterbury may be scrappy but have not faced the sort of competition Harvey has (Caledonia, GM, RNS, Stanley, etc) granted they've had to play JCS twice but from what I've seen a heard Canterbury struggles to score and works hard defensively. Harvey's strngth has always been 1/2-1/4 court defense protecting the interior. I don't see CHS scoring enough to beat HHS in a meaningful game.

Willing to be proven wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:35 am

celtic wrote:
I am not sure of logic behind Cantebury beating them.
As far as Grand Manan and Harvey game yesterday, Harvey closed the gap and the game was close a few times up to mid 3rd quarter, but the game was never in doubt.Usually happened whem Brown was taking a breather.I do not see Harvey or anyone beating them with existing rosters.
Two things to know about Harvey is that they have been missing one starter or another every game since before Chistmas (2 yesterday) except the RNS game, and they play full bench almost equally every game, including final minutes, win or lose.Yesterday was first game this year I saw the bench be a little shorter.
I think 39 Forever has the standings bang on.
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 am

Huios30 wrote:

The difficulty with GM is that they are deep enough that their best players can play at pace and in open spaces slashing, running, taking and making shots without needing to worry about controlling the clock or number of possessions. This allows the fact that they have 3-4 of top level scorers in A to get enough touches to all put up points. So while still playing solid defense most A schools are not going to score enough to stay with them.

The reason JCS may be the team to give them a run is that they have some kids too who can play that way and make shots.

Wilson girls presence or absence may be an issue once we get to the final (southwest regional/HS) but anywhere other I don't see that GM has much to worry about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am

Lefty wrote:
celtic wrote:
I am not sure of logic behind Cantebury beating them.
As far as Grand Manan and Harvey game yesterday, Harvey closed the gap and the game was close a few times up to mid 3rd quarter, but the game was never in doubt.Usually happened whem Brown was taking a breather.I do not see Harvey or anyone beating them with existing rosters.
Two things to know about Harvey is that they have been missing one starter or another every game since before Chistmas (2 yesterday) except the RNS game, and they play full bench almost equally every game, including final minutes, win or lose.Yesterday was first game this year I saw the bench be a little shorter.
I think 39 Forever has the standings bang on.

I never said Canterbury will beat them....just stating that with the right circumstances, it should not be taken for granted. I think Harvey is the better team for sure. I do think however that GM & JC is a toss up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:14 pm

A -

1-GM
2-JCS
3-Caledonia
4-Harvey
5- Petti
6- Stanley
7- Tvhs
8 - Canterbury

AA

1-Rothesay
2- Tantramar
3 - CNHS
4 - RNS
5 - SVHS
6 - JMA
7 - St. Stephen
8 - Fundy

AAA

1/2 - FHS/RHS
3 WHS
4 LHHS
5 BMHS
6 KVHS
7 St. Macs
8 Sussex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:37 am

I see you have JMA at 6 in AA girls. Not sure how this affects your rankings but they lost to Dalhousie on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 am

That's interesting? Probably makes Dalhousie 2nd best team in the NE but depending on the score make them end up 3rd in NE.

In terms of provincial rankings it probably puts DRHS in at the 8th spot. Although you might put them higher since they and JMA will be moving on the provincials where are St. Stephen and Fundy will both miss the playoffs in their conference despite probably being as strong if not stronger.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 am

[quote="CoachDJR"]That's interesting? Probably makes Dalhousie 2nd best team in the NE but depending on the score make them end up 3rd in NE.

In terms of provincial rankings it probably puts DRHS in at the 8th spot. Although you might put them higher since they and JMA will be moving on the provincials where are St. Stephen and Fundy will both miss the playoffs in their conference despite probably being as strong if not stronger.

Tantramar defeated Sugarloaf by 60 Friday night and beat Dalhousie by 50 Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:45 am

CoachDJR wrote:
That's interesting? Probably makes Dalhousie 2nd best team in the NE but depending on the score make them end up 3rd in NE.

Dalhousie already has 4 losses, whereas JMA will probably have 3 after they play Tantramar. It is impossible for them to finish higher than 3rd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:59 am

rap$tar wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

Dalhousie already has 4 losses, whereas JMA will probably have 3 after they play Tantramar. It is impossible for them to finish higher than 3rd.

They play Tantramar 1 week from today in Sackville.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 pm

CoachDJR wrote:

JMA will finish 2nd in the NE regardless of the outcome of the Tantramar game. My two inured starters should also be fine, by the end of this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....   Today at 1:02 am

Back to top Go down

2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next