HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 10 players in AA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 players in AA.   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 pm

the sub wrote:
Beney last s year he been in top 5 players in AA every year 2 years ago BEST PLAYER IN AA so y dont you people in here GIVE HIM THE CREDITS HE SHOULD GET HE ONE OF THE BEST TO EVER PLAY THE GAME GOOD LUCK BENEY IN WHAT EVER YOU DO BEEN FUN WATCHING YOU PLAY

I can't follow what you're saying here, it doesn't make sense. Are you saying that two years ago he was the best player in AA. Two years ago he wasn't even the best player on his team and two years ago they didn't even compete in AA. That being said he does deserve to be voted an All Star. He has changed his game and has been able to keep his attitude off the floor. It is too bad that he couldn't have done that a year ago because they might have a banner in their school if he had been able to put the team before himself. That is just my opinion and it doesn't take away from his talent because he is certainly a talented player.

However, talent is everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Webeballin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 players in AA.   Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:37 am

Who would have figured, Beney's dad talking him up again... But really? No Ryan Gallagher or Jarrad Weston from fundy?? hmm..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 players in AA.   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 am

I actually really like the way Ryan plays from Fundy, havent seen him play this year actually but the when I seen him last year he was a solid player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 players in AA.   Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:02 pm

1. Matt Carmichael - McAdam- Great shot blocker, and can get out and run. A great leader for McAdam as well. Since McAdam lost to Devon Park when he wasn't playing I would have to put him before Moffat as McAdam's best player. If Moffat is better than Carmichael then he should prove it by stepping up and winning the championship without Carmichael.
2.Brandon Moffat- McAdam- Great scorer and plays defence well. Has to fall behind Carmicheal as the best player in AA since he couldn't get McAdam the win without Matt.
3.Justin Corey-Minto- Plays hard and shoots the ball well, but needs to get physically stronger. Led Minto to the playoffs so he is definetely a leader. Will be second best player in AA next year and maybe even number one if he gets stronger.
4. Brandon Meikle- Devon Park- Can shoot the lights out against any team and plays defence hard. He can also take the ball to the hoop. He will be the reason if Devon Park wins the title this year.
5. Pat McNaughton-Surgaloaf- Probably the most underrated player in AA. Can shoot the ball from anywhere on the court and get to the rim anytime. Just cause he doesn't score a lot is probably the reason you guys don't recognize him but he is always looking for his teammates before he scores for himself with his great court vision. Plays defence hard and can out rebound almost anyone.
6. Andrew Mcgilucudy- McAdam. Very athletic wing player, can get to the rim at will.
7. Mason Kinney - Southern Vic-Hard worker and is not afraid to get his nose dirty also a great shooting touch. Needs to get himself under control since his temper gets ahead of his game most of the time.
8. Bradley Hovey- Cambridge-Plays hard every game, can score the ball from anywhere. Probably the most overated player in AA as he may be able to score but isn't able to bring his team a playoff birth for Cambridge unlike Bellisle and JMA which seem to have no top 10 players.
9. Fraser Barnaby- Sugarloaf- Great three point shooter, and plays defence pretty well and isn't scared to go inside against bigger opponents.
10. Houston Barnaby- Sugarloaf- A little bit of an out of control play however he shoots the ball well and plays defence better than anyone I've seen in AA for a guard. Definitely a leader for Sugarloaf as his emotions get the team pumped up for games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 players in AA.   Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Good explanations although I do have a few arguments to be made:

Moffit really has nothing to prove, him and Carmichael have been playing great basketball all season long and thats the reason why they are where they are. Moffit is going to play the same weather he's playing or not he has been the leader all season. If Moffit went down with an injury would you be saying he's better then Carmichael because I think they would loose to DP either way. If anyone needs to step up to make McAdam a championship team it is everyone, it is going to take a full team effort to beat Sugar Loaf in their own gym.

I really dont think Pat is underrated, he is just the best player on a team full of good players. There are about 5 guys on this team that play at a high level taking off the load. He doesnt need to score 20 points a game he can distribute and create for his teammates because everyone on that team can score. Thats why I think they are going to win it this year.

Bradley Hovey has played well this season, and its unfortunete they werent able to get into the playoffs. Last year he led his team to a third place finish in the east, but loosing all the starters but him makes it difficult. Especially going to a school of 50 highschool kids, by far the smallest school in the east. Playing with 5 grade 9 kids on a team of 10 players makes it difficult to compete but they did, beating each one of the top 3 teams in the east(just not in league play)and being right there with JMA for 4th, playing them in the determining game. Look for these guys to be good next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 players in AA.   Today at 5:45 am

Back to top Go down

Top 10 players in AA.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2