HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

top 10 in the 2012 grad class

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
spidey

PostSubject: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:21 pm

1.manroop clair
2.braxton bunce
3.cam smythe
4.kenny george
5.lucas goossen
6.mitch goodwin
7.mitch ligertwood
8.cole penman
9.jake newman
10.abu khan

my opinion if ive forgot someone remake a list and add him in but id say the top 5 are accurate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Last edited by ballislife74 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 pm

oh darn when i made it for the first time but forgot george i had solomon in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 pm

et21 wrote:
1.manroop clair
2.braxton bunce
3.cam smythe
4.kenny george
5.lucas goossen
6.mitch goodwin
7.mitch ligertwood
8.cole penman
9.isiah soloman
10.abu khan

my opinion if ive forgot someone remake a list and add him in but id say the top 5 are accurate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delta-bball

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:24 pm

Rav Dhaliwal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:07 am

as good as rav is he is h/m at best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:17 am

Abu Khan? he barely played for V.C. last year. Has he improved? He is a good player but top 10? Nick Irvine? David Burton?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 am

Solomon should be ahead of Newman too. He played a key role on a Provincial finalist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:00 am

yeah i slipped up on that one totally forgot about irvine redo thanks and good call on the soloman penman swap
1.manroop clair
2.braxton bunce
3.cam smythe
4.kenny george
5.lucas goossen
6.mitch goodwin
7.mitch ligertwood
8.isiah soloman
9.cole penman
10.nick irvine

hm
jake newman
rav dhaliwal
manny dulay
reng deng
abu khan
jesse coy

anymore add ons quote this and make your changes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:07 am

hey, no big deal. lots of good players to consider and no doubt a lot of other names will emerge in the coming months. didn't mean to talk down the players on your list just thought others were more deserving at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:55 pm

i only saw most of those kids play at provincials so didnt know who the vc leader really was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:41 pm

i like how the top 5 are made up of 3 Drive players.....

you obviously dont get around much to watch the top players in bc play as some players arent on your list and the order is wack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:43 pm

as well there are a few players who got cut from team bc and wouldnt be able to make drive or bbc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:49 am

hoop4life wrote:

you obviously dont get around much to watch the top players in bc play as some players arent on your list and the order is wack

i dont get around much argue about one of those players there all in nph canada ranking and manroop is number 7. Players are leaving bbc and going to drive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:08 am

et21 wrote:
hoop4life wrote:

i dont get around much argue about one of those players there all in nph canada ranking and manroop is number 7. Players are leaving bbc and going to drive

oh actually nph! They really know their stuff... and the only players leaving bbc and going to drive are the players who didn't make it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:08 am

your getting into a stupid team debate there's other threads go into those drive is better sorry bbc has fallen off and lost their appeal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:37 am

Last edited by ballislife74 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldschool1311

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 am

et21 wrote:
yeah i slipped up on that one totally forgot about irvine redo thanks and good call on the soloman penman swap
1.manroop clair
2.braxton bunce
3.cam smythe
4.kenny george
5.lucas goossen
6.mitch goodwin
7.mitch ligertwood
8.isiah soloman
9.cole penman
10.nick irvine

hm
jake newman
rav dhaliwal
manny dulay
reng deng
abu khan
jesse coy

anymore add ons quote this and make your changes

I think your list is quite good when it comes to overal skill, specifically in the offensive areas.
I think Manroop is an outstanding shooter and scorer, but I personally would not choose him to build a team around. Drive has really helped his development as he has had a great summer. I beieve e is the best skilled player, but not the best basketball player, if you understand me.
I am more of an overal team effort believer, rather than having one dominant player. Not taking anything away from Drive, as they are a great program.
I would want a player that makes his teammates better and plays every posession, on offense and specifically defense. Isaiah Solomon is having a great summer. He has been one of the most consistent players for BBC as far as I've seen and puts his team before himself.
Kenny George is also having a great summer as he is putting baskets up in bunches.
I can't say too much about Lucas Goosen as he doesn't get very many opportunies to do much on Drive. His role seems to be passing to either Manroop or Kenny. He does have good work eithic is seems and plays good defense. I look forward to watching him play on his high school team as he will be the main focus.
Mitch Goodwin is having a pretty good summer. I think he's the type of guy that can either be a standout player or just be a glue guy. It seems he takes on whatever role his team needs the most in order to win.
Braxston Bunce is a dominant force. With his size and strength, teams are having a very hard time containing him. And with experience with the JMNT he has added toughness and skill. I dont believe anyone will be able to stop him next year.
Cam Smythe is a very skilled big man. He consistantly knocks down jump shots. He also will be very difficult to contain next year.

I just realized how long my post is. I could go on and on but I'll end it at that.

In my mind Manroop is the most skilled player right now in BC.
I would have to say the best overal basketball player could be Mitch Goodwin, Braxston Bunce, Isaiah Solomon.
It really depends on what you value the most to determine who the best is.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naismith

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:07 am

[quote="ballislife74"][quote="hoop4life"][quote="et21"]
hoop4life wrote:

Not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic, but Northpole Hoops is easily the best recruiting site when it comes to BC hoops. They have more players from BC ranked nationally than any other site. They also watch season games and they come down here to BC and hold a tournament where they evaluate talent. Their player evaluations for BC players are usually on point.

Which tournament are you talking about? The one that was held AT Drive FOR Drive players? Hardly an objective evaluation of the talent in BC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Last edited by ballislife74 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Last edited by ballislife74 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:22 pm

[quote="Naismith"][quote="ballislife74"][quote="hoop4life"]
et21 wrote:
hoop4life wrote:

Not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic, but Northpole Hoops is easily the best recruiting site when it comes to BC hoops. They have more players from BC ranked nationally than any other site. They also watch season games and they come down here to BC and hold a tournament where they evaluate talent. Their player evaluations for BC players are usually on point.

Which tournament are you talking about? The one that was held AT Drive FOR Drive players? Hardly an objective evaluation of the talent in BC.

alot of clubs were there i think it was like a 8-12 team tourney and i heard the same about what ebe did ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Basketball BC has been playing 5 on 5 off shifts up to this point. And that's why they have had some questionable losses. Here's my top 10 for next year.

1.Braxston Bunce

2.Cole Penman

3.Cam Smythe

4.Manroop Clair

5.Isaiah Solomon

6.Mitch Goodwin

7.Ken George

8.Ryan Sclatter

9.Lucas Goosen

10.Mitch Ligertwood

I have seen all these players play in many different games. High school plus club.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Here are my top 5 players to watch in 2012
(FYI This list was made with my own personal preferences, personal bias for certain players may appear.)

1. Manroop Clair - Burnaby South (Drive)
Unlimited range and underrated passing ability with great potential. The best pure scorer bar none. An underrated defensive stopper. Great crossover, with an almost unstoppable step-back jumper, a real clutch performer.

2. Braxston Bunce - Kelowna (BBC)
Plays basketball well beyond his years, but not overly athletic for a big guy. Understands proper spacing and how to get into the right spots. Lots of upside, uses his height well to control play under the basket.

3. Kenny George - Byrne Creek (Drive)
Quick with a good wing span, great size for his position, good range on his jumper, runs the floor well and finishes with both hands, strong on-ball defender. Very good length, athleticism, defensive ability, and able to score in multiple ways.

4. Alex Mihajilovic - Delview (Drive)
Good court vision, good defensive anticipation, quick slasher, good mid-range jumper and 3-point range. Talented, skilled, and athletic.

5. Cameron Smythe - Sir Charles Tupper (BBC)
Long, lean with a lot of upside, has pretty good touch, can face the basket and connect from mid range. Good leader on the defensive end of the floor.

Thanks for reading.

“Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, What?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:31 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
Here are my top 5 players to watch in 2012
(FYI This list was made with my own personal preferences, personal bias for certain players may appear.)

1. Manroop Clair - Burnaby South (Drive)
Unlimited range and underrated passing ability with great potential. The best pure scorer bar none. An underrated defensive stopper. Great crossover, with an almost unstoppable step-back jumper, a real clutch performer.

2. Braxston Bunce - Kelowna (BBC)
Plays basketball well beyond his years, but not overly athletic for a big guy. Understands proper spacing and how to get into the right spots. Lots of upside, uses his height well to control play under the basket.

3. Kenny George - Byrne Creek (Drive)
Quick with a good wing span, great size for his position, good range on his jumper, runs the floor well and finishes with both hands, strong on-ball defender. Very good length, athleticism, defensive ability, and able to score in multiple ways.

4. Alex Mihajilovic - Delview (Drive)
Good court vision, good defensive anticipation, quick slasher, good mid-range jumper and 3-point range. Talented, skilled, and athletic.

5. Cameron Smythe - Sir Charles Tupper (BBC)
Long, lean with a lot of upside, has pretty good touch, can face the basket and connect from mid range. Good leader on the defensive end of the floor.

Thanks for reading.

“Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, What?"

Nice assessment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: top 10 in the 2012 grad class    Today at 5:47 am

Back to top Go down

top 10 in the 2012 grad class
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next