HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top A boys next season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big Hammer

PostSubject: Top A boys next season    Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Who would you say the top A boys of next season will be ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

McAdam has to be the favorite, have to wait and see who Devon Park recruits to play to figure out if they are a factor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dont blame the refs

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 pm

39forever wrote:
McAdam has to be the favorite, have to wait and see who Devon Park recruits to play to figure out if they are a factor.

HAHAHAHAHA if Devon Park recruits they do a terrible job of it seeing how they had a girl on their starting lineup last year. I mean I can see his sale pitch now

"Come play basketball at Devon Park. We here at Devon Park have top notched facilities. We have two nets 40 feet apart. I mean where else will you be able to play where you can grab a defensive rebound and be in range to shoot a three."

I mean no wonder why they are losing all the top recruits to those prep school in the states. Have they had a player over six feet in the history of their program?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:19 pm

dont blame the refs wrote:
39forever wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA if Devon Park recruits they do a terrible job of it seeing how they had a girl on their starting lineup last year. I mean I can see his sale pitch now

"Come play basketball at Devon Park. We here at Devon Park have top notched facilities. We have two nets 40 feet apart. I mean where else will you be able to play where you can grab a defensive rebound and be in range to shoot a three."

I mean no wonder why they are losing all the top recruits to those prep school in the states. Have they had a player over six feet in the history of their program?

Wow random shot at the team that was arguably the best/ most consistent "A" sized school in the province over the last 2-3 years. I don't think Devon Park is out recruiting, in fact they are more likely to lose kids to schools like LHHS, then they are to gain them for basketball reasons.

In terms of A i think it is now wide open again. McAdam should be big and strong but the south should have great interleague competition with Harvey, Campo, and GM all having solid squads with good coaching. After that Petti might be ok in the east, and Devon Park will be solid not as good as they've been but solid, and Upper Mira . . .Boiesto . . . that Central NB school in the northern division could be ok too. So much for top tens though you'll be lucky to find a half dozen schools who are competitive at the top of the A or any other division now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
We talkin bout practice

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:21 am

HAHA I dont know of any school in single A who has the ablility or resorces to "recruit". Devon Park, Harvey, Mcadam, Campo, Grand Manan are always in the playoffs and have decent teams because they have coaches that can turn what little options they have into a good team year after year, and apparently you don't need someone over six foot to win a championship so no idea why that would even be brought up. It is a rare commodity to see a six four (+) kid in high school who is a major factor on any team in New Brunswick other than being a body. Also I like the idea of the short court, I get a bit more winded than I once did.

Mcadam Has a nice team obviously and I like how Jason Anderson played and hes only going to get better.

Harvey didnt loose thier hard working attidtude and all those kids played alot of minuets in big games last year, and a good JV team to boot.

G.M has a good team overall without any main contributor wich I like, should do well.

Devon Park is still the best team in the west, and im sure they win that division easily for like the 4th time in a row. I think there is only 2 grade 12's.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:51 pm

We talkin bout practice wrote:
HAHA I dont know of any school in single A who has the ablility or resorces to "recruit". Devon Park, Harvey, Mcadam, Campo, Grand Manan are always in the playoffs and have decent teams because they have coaches that can turn what little options they have into a good team year after year, and apparently you don't need someone over six foot to win a championship so no idea why that would even be brought up. It is a rare commodity to see a six four (+) kid in high school who is a major factor on any team in New Brunswick other than being a body. Also I like the idea of the short court, I get a bit more winded than I once did.

Mcadam Has a nice team obviously and I like how Jason Anderson played and hes only going to get better.

Harvey didnt loose thier hard working attidtude and all those kids played alot of minuets in big games last year, and a good JV team to boot.

G.M has a good team overall without any main contributor wich I like, should do well.

Devon Park is still the best team in the west, and im sure they win that division easily for like the 4th time in a row. I think there is only 2 grade 12's.

So about The Big's I would say Christoper Arisz at 6'8,Weston Durling6'4,Jacob Livingston 6'4,Erk Nissen 6'8 (National Cadette Team invitee) would all disagree with your comment that all the bigs in New Brunswick are just big bodies and not that good/Needed. I would say each of these players willl knock in 20+ point for their team each game this year and be a huge factor in winning a banner. Infact once you get out of the "A" division i would say you very much need big men to win. But your right 5'10" Jason Anderson will be a force in "A" but would struggle having to guard these fast quick bigs who can shoot and play facing the hoop,but get him on the block and watch out.....Just didnt think because there are not good 6'4"+ bigs in "A" that you cast as a NB wide fact.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
We talkin bout practice

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:48 pm

HAHA all very good players, but as I said a rare commodity in New Brunswick so see a nurtured well groomed true big man especially in high school. It is an obvious fact that bigs take much longer to truely develop into thier true potential (usually after high school) where as guards reach a higher level fast (for the most part).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:16 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
39forever wrote:

Wow random shot at the team that was arguably the best/ most consistent "A" sized school in the province over the last 2-3 years. I don't think Devon Park is out recruiting, in fact they are more likely to lose kids to schools like LHHS, then they are to gain them for basketball reasons.

In terms of A i think it is now wide open again. McAdam should be big and strong but the south should have great interleague competition with Harvey, Campo, and GM all having solid squads with good coaching. After that Petti might be ok in the east, and Devon Park will be solid not as good as they've been but solid, and Upper Mira . . .Boiesto . . . that Central NB school in the northern division could be ok too. So much for top tens though you'll be lucky to find a half dozen schools who are competitive at the top of the A or any other division now.

All I meant by recruiting was that they have basically the entire city of Fredericton to draw from, I know kids have to want to go there, but if you look at the great team they had last year, based on a high school size of around 60+, that was impressive to say the least. To use the word recruit may not have been the right word to use, but you never know who they will end up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NB Basketball

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:16 am

HisAirness wrote:

So about The Big's I would say Christoper Arisz at 6'8,Weston Durling6'4,Jacob Livingston 6'4,Erk Nissen 6'8 (National Cadette Team invitee) would all disagree with your comment that all the bigs in New Brunswick are just big bodies and not that good/Needed. I would say each of these players willl knock in 20+ point for their team each game this year and be a huge factor in winning a banner. Infact once you get out of the "A" division i would say you very much need big men to win. But your right 5'10" Jason Anderson will be a force in "A" but would struggle having to guard these fast quick bigs who can shoot and play facing the hoop,but get him on the block and watch out.....Just didnt think because there are not good 6'4"+ bigs in "A" that you cast as a NB wide fact.

For one HisAirness Jason Anderson is at least 6'2 and Brandon Moffitt is around 6'4 he might not be considered a big because he plays every position. I remember this year he had 54 points with Livingston guarding him. All those players you named will probably get 20+ points a game except for Livingston. Being a crazy dunker won't get you 20+ points a game. Unless he improves his shot a lot before the season which I hope he does. I would love to see St. John at HB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:57 am

Some "spirited fun" games in Harvey on the weekend between Harvey and Devon Park squads with Harvey pulling out a couple of hard fought wins......should be an interesting season Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:32 am

Play was a little sloppy at times (to be expected in the summer), but both teams played really hard. Neither team had their full roster. Harvey won by 10 on Saturday and by 6 on Sunday. Matt Harrington definitely was the leader for his team, as Devon Park struggled with him on the bench, but some of their less experienced players were definitley showing signs of growth over the weekend. Harvey had a bit more of a balanced attack, but they were led by a couple of their grade 12s, Gabe Walton and Justin Bernard. Sam Drummond was also impressive. I think people are underestimating these teams, they lost a lot of talent, but both have some returning players that have improved, as well as some new faces that will be key contributors. Both of these teams will pose a serious threat to McAdam, who still have Brandon Moffitt, but not a ton of depth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:27 pm

pg7 wrote:
Play was a little sloppy at times (to be expected in the summer), but both teams played really hard. Neither team had their full roster. Harvey won by 10 on Saturday and by 6 on Sunday. Matt Harrington definitely was the leader for his team, as Devon Park struggled with him on the bench, but some of their less experienced players were definitley showing signs of growth over the weekend. Harvey had a bit more of a balanced attack, but they were led by a couple of their grade 12s, Gabe Walton and Justin Bernard. Sam Drummond was also impressive. I think people are underestimating these teams, they lost a lot of talent, but both have some returning players that have improved, as well as some new faces that will be key contributors. Both of these teams will pose a serious threat to McAdam, who still have Brandon Moffitt, but not a ton of depth.

Sorry...the banner for 2011-12 is already hanging in McAdam. No others need apply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:13 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
pg7 wrote:

Sorry...the banner for 2011-12 is already hanging in McAdam. No others need apply.

Now Breaker I understand that you are naturally upset that people are not pouring over how great GM is going to do this season. But this is the second post today that I am getting no love from you. Before the first tip has been won McAdam has to be the “on paper” favourite . Just like St Stephen in AA and Riverview in AAA . So if you have another opinion we all would love to debate it till the cows come home. Or if you can show me a better team than McAdam this upcoming season. But don’t just hate on people for trying to make an educated guess( that is pretty spot on as far as im concerned)because it happens to not be the home team this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:46 am

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
pg7 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. They can buy one from the same store Tobique Valley would have had to use to get theirs, after they were declared the champs in pre-season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:15 am

I agree Coachmac, all the so called "experts" on this site should take note. There's a reason you play the games!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
impartial voice

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Man, GM Breaker '84-'88, you are constantly filled with negative, pessimistic comments. You seem to enjoy taking jabs at everyone, and make statements that are rude and inappropriate.

Sometime, feel free to make a comment that doesn't attack another community or person. Really, try it.

Grand Manan has a great history for basketball, but you're not giving your Breaker alumni a very good name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellishhayde

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:06 pm

They have a prime court tip top locker rooms and ohh such great not payed refs

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellishhayde

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:07 pm

HisAirness wrote:

haha 6'6 6'4 and 6'2 on tvhs 6'6 is at 280 dfa!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:39 pm

39forever wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, were you talking to their championship banner??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top A boys next season    Today at 3:13 am

Back to top Go down

Top A boys next season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1