HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

weekly top 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: weekly top 10   Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:26 pm

This weeks top 10

1-McAdam(14-6)(5-0)- (1) 1-2 at the Dairy town is like 3-0 at any other tournament. They stay here for now.

2-Sugarloaf(16-8 )(3-0)-(2) They are playing really well right now despite the incident this weekend. There's a good chance theyll finish first in the North. Not many games left so theyll probably finish number 2 here aswell.

3-Devon Park(25-4)(11-0)-(3) Won they're only game this week and are getting back into form.

4-UMRHS(24-3)(6-1)-(5) Up and down week, beat Harvey,Blackville and ECB, but had the incident in Sugarloaf and lost to ECB. They are here this week but better back it up!

5-Harvey(14-10)(6-1)-(4) Maybe too low for these guys, but their record isn't that impressive and they never won this week. There's possibility to move up with a win or 2 this week.

6-Fundy(11-5)(3-3)-(6) Can't rank them any higher just yet, but they may finish top 5 with a strong finish to the year.

7-Campobello(9-5)(2-2)-(9) What a difference Christmas Break makes. Arguably the hotest team right now. They beat everyone at the Hartland tournament this week by a good margin. Don't think they'll crack the top 5 but watch out in February.

8-Petitcodiac(15-8 )(8-0)-(7) 1-2 at the Caledonia tournament won't make you move up. They need a big week this week to move up. They msy be hosting Regionals but don't look like a team that should.

9-Hartland(13-8 )(10-3)-(10) Looked good until they lost to Southern vic this weekend. Keep winning and you'll stay top 5.

10-ECB(15-6)(5-2)-(NR) Back in the top 10 this week after a win ovwer UMRHS and a decent week overall.

Bubble-JMA(14-14)(4-4) seem to be a 500 team, not good enough for the top 10 just yet. They seem to be a streaky team.I'd look for thenm to finish top 10.

Last edited by Boas 98-02 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: weekly top 10   Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Its a shame Cambridge Narrows has a slim chance of making regionals, they have been playing some of their best basketball this past week, they have had a very weak second line but a few of the grade nines have begun to relize what the game is about and the effort needed to compete and win. It was a full team effort against Petty in Caledonia, and they competed very well against OHS only loosing by 20 points. Watch out for this team next year. As for this year Minto is also a sleeper they have not played well at tournaments but have held their own in league play, they may just make it to regionals and have a big game this week against Petty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: weekly top 10   Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:26 pm

With JMA slumping as of late and loosing to Caledonia in league play, I dont even see them as being on the bubble. With the biggest game of the year for JMA and Cambridge Narrows tomorrow, Id look for JMA to be stumped a playoff spot. Cambridge Narrows is playing great bringing good confidence into the game, winners of 3 out of 4, and having that big 2 point win over Petty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: weekly top 10   Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:51 pm

This will be a great game.JMA has been missing one of their top players as of late. He is returning to play against Cambridge Narrows. I predict a JMA win here, sorry baller! Cambrige deserves a spot though don't get me wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: weekly top 10   Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
This will be a great game.JMA has been missing one of their top players as of late. He is returning to play against Cambridge Narrows. I predict a JMA win here, sorry baller! Cambrige deserves a spot though don't get me wrong.

He actually returned to play, tonight versus Petitcodiac. Cambridge Narrows in the morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: weekly top 10   Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah, they were missing there best and came back last night when the beat Petty and again this morning to beat Cambridge Narrows. Wasnt a bad game, Cambridge fell behind to start but came back in the third but JMA really shot lights out in the fourth. I will admit JMA is really an offensive powerhouse, they dont play much defence tho. Cambridges season is all but over, with one game left as an exibition at home against yet again the JMA Cougers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: weekly top 10   Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm

This weeks top 10...

Not a whole lot of changesd this week in the top 10.

1-McAdam(17-6)(7-0) 1 They beat Devon Park this week by 8, at one point led by 21, I can see thewy are beatable but it's gonna take a heck of a game to do it!

2-Sugarloaf(19-Cool(6-0) 2 I think they are here to stay, with only 4 games left they are trying to clinch the North.

3-Devon Park(27-5)(13-0) 3 Gonna be hardbto move up now with the loss to McAdam. Their season is all but done with the playoffs lying ahead as they host the Southwest regional.

4-UMRHS(25-4)(7-2) 4 Playing through adversity they sent a message last week with a huge blowout over Stanley. They should be at least second in the North but after being upset they may have to settle for third. Big weekend ahead!

5-Harvey(15-11)(7-2) 5 These guys haven't been playing great lately but a win over Campobello might get them back on track.

6-Fundy-(13-6)(5-4) 6 They haven't played much lately but when they do they win, that's what you gotta do to stay here.

7-Campobello(11-7)(4-3) 7 They have the best chance at moving up this week with some big games. Lots of league games against the top league teams!

8-Petitcodiac(16-9)(9-1) 8 Rumours are that they are resting their top player, maybe that's why they are losing so much lately. I think this may be too high of a ranking but only tiome will tell.

9-Hartland(14-Cool(11-3) 9 Playing well but a setback last week losing to Southern Vic makes me rethink this, but for now they stay.

10-ECB(15-6)(6-2) 10 Same as last weeks top 10,ECB continues to slide under the radar....WARNING, these guys can play.

Bubble-JMA(16-15)(6-5) I don't know what to make of ther Cougars and that honestly makes me nervous. They beat Petti this week and easily beat Cambridge Narrows to claim the final playoff spo, but they've shown signs of the downside aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: weekly top 10   Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Not to bad of power rankings, but I still believe Minto should be on there, we talk about ECB being under rated but what has been said about Minto? Nothing. Now I know they havent faired well against out of conference opponents, but these guys have beat JMA both times, and are out for win next week against Petty. Petty already has host for regionals locked down but this could be a big momentum boost going into regional weekend. Playing either ECB or Boiestown I do believe Minto will come out with a W. Look for Justin to have a big game, maybe not 52 points big like he did against JMA but these guys are for real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weekly top 10   Today at 9:08 am

Back to top Go down

weekly top 10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1