HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
abcdefg12345

PostSubject: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:07 am

predictions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:21 pm

I think it'll be

1. Springbank
2. Crescent Heights
3. Mccoy
4. Camrose
5. Louis St Laurent
6. Ardrossan
7. Canmore
8. Beaumont
9. Wetaskiwin
10. Highwood

Im pretty certain about the top three but I'm unsure about the rest since I'm from the south and haven't seen alot of these teams especially from the edmonton region
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Downtown_93

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Looks pretty good but I dont think that highwood should be on that top ten list. Also look out for Wetaskiwin as they have already upset Springbank earlier this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Ya I saw that game and wetaskiwin shot really well from 3. They have some real streaky shooters and if they get hot they could upset a top ranked team once again. But I feel what really separates the top 3 from the rest of the province is the quality and depth each team has in their post players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller909

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:49 pm

What about Brooks? Werent they ranked 2nd? How come you arent even including them now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Brooks has really struggled since then. They went 0 and 3 and came last at the holy trinity tournament and in league they lost to unranked 2a school senator gershaw whom crescent heights beat by 35
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 pm

The new rankings just came out this morning and here they are officially:

1.Springbank
2.Crescent Heights
3.Holy Trinity(Edmonton)
4.Camrose
5.Ardrossan
6.Louis St Laurent
7.Cochrane High
8.Ponoka
9.Lacombe
10.Wetaskiwin

HM:Brooks Comp, Highwood, Holy Trinity(Okotoks), Kate Andrews, Mccoy

A little suprising in a few ways. First of all Holy Trinity moving from honorable mention to number 3 but I also haven't seen them play so I guess I wouldn't really know. The second suprise is Mccoy dropping from 4th to HM. They haven't lost a league game since the last rankings and even though they came 5th at Hat Highs tournament they were missing their starting centre and one of their top scorers with a foot injury. Other then that though can't argue with the rankings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller909

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:34 pm

I talked to the Brooks Coach during the HTA tourny and he said there starting PG was out due to an ankle injury....It could have been a factor in that tournament but they probably should have beat Gershaw regardless whether he played or not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rapsfan

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

what do u guys think about ponoka being ranked, not sure who that is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Downtown_93

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Ponoka and Lacombe do not deserve to be ranked period
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Well there is still time for other teams to prove they are worthy of those spots in the rankings. There are still 2 other ranking periods in February and March and they are the ones that determine wildcards and seedings for provincials
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ponoka

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:24 pm

hey downtown 93 its me again!!! U should really should be form one of the top ranked teams or else u shouldn't be beaking. Because once again we did beat the number 4 ranked team by 15 and havin't finished worse than winning consolation in a turny all year!! and we dont go to no wimpy turnys either. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Downtown_93

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:39 pm

I guess we will find out at the tournament this weekend just remember that one of camroses top players was missing and wetaskiwin did beat springbank AND they have a new player so we will see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ponoka

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:46 pm

k i know the camrose guys pretty well and emile is not one of the best players on the team. There 3 best players were playing. And i heard wetaskwin got beat by lacombe thats pretty weak!!!!! afro And we beat lacombe by 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imnotfromponoka

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:40 am

downdown 93 dont even beak u barely beat rocky fool and last time i checked ponoka's ahead in the standings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ponoka

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:01 am

OOOOOO Wats up Baby!!!! afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:32 am

The new rankings are supposed to come out sometime this week. How do you guys think they will play out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Here are the new rankings as of today:

1. Crescent Heights
2. Holy Trinity (Edmonton)
3. Canmore
4. Camrose
5. Brooks
6. Louis St Laurent
7. Ponoka
8. Springbank
9. Highwood
10. Kate Andrews

HM: Beaumont, Holy Trinity(Okotoks), Leduc, Morinville, Wetaskiwin

Quite a change from the last rankings for sure. Canmore going from unranked to 3rd, Springbank dropping 7 spots from number 1, Brooks moving back up the rankings after being as high as 2 at the beginning of the year. What do you guys think of the new rankings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billybob

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Look pretty fair I think that camrose maybe should have dropped a spot losing to ponoka by 15, thought that was a pretty big game. Also think that ponoka could have climbed over louis if it werent for them losing thier best player 4 min into the game to an ankle injury. That game ended up with louis only winning by 7 and only scoring i believe 58 points. I am a little confused about Highwood when i watched them they had one kid who could really play but the rest of the team was quite weak, and in the Ponoka pump their best player took a little bump in the shoulder in the first game and ended up missing their semi against ponoka (not sure about their bronze). But all in all i think these arent bad, anyone know about Lacombe they were ranked but not now i keep hearing that they are winning (mind you against lesser opponents) who did they lose to in this rank period that dropped them?

Also I do find it interesting how wetaskiwin is still even mentioned in rankings, sure they beat springbank early off in the season but apart from that i havent seen anything from them that suggests that they should be considered among the best in the province anyone else feel this way or am i just thinking to hard???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abcdefg12345

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:10 pm

wetaskiwin came off wins from morinville, ponoka and notre dame high, and morinville and ponoka both beat camrose, and wetaskiwin is on a 8 game winning streak and also won their own tournament
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billybob

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:14 am

well first happy that wetaskiwin could get the job done against mccoy hopefully that helps to lock a wildcard in central. and they played notre dame when they were at their weakest, they have fallen apart losing players......(sad to see but true) But as far as them beating ponoka last week, dont read to much into it they were without thier starting PG and arguably strongest player and the officiating was terrible(as it always is in wetaskiwin). I say this because 2 days later they beat Lindsay thurber in a hell of a game, their second best athlete/player(again arguably) went down in the first 5 min of the game with another ankle injury. And yet they battled through yet again questionable reffing(67! fouls called lol) ponoka had 4 starters foul out thurber had 3 foul out and in the end the ponoka bench put the game away, so im assuming the next time wetaskiwin and ponoka meet it shoudl be quite a different game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Here are the final rankings before provincials

1.Holy Trinity (Edmonton)
2. Crescent Heights (Medicine Hat)
3. Camrose
4. Canmore
5. Brooks
6. Louis St Laurent
7. Springbank
8. Wetaskiwin
9. Morinville
10. Highwood

HM:
Beaumont
Cochrane
Kate Andrews
Mccoy
Ponoka

Wildcards go to the South Central, Central, and Edmonton Zones

Thoughts about these rankings, the wildcards, or anything related?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abcdefg12345

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:02 am

Wetaskiwin vs. Crescent Heights for the Finals!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:59 pm

And Crescent Heights showed everyone they were underseeded as the #7 seed at provincials by winnng gold on their home floor! Their defence was exceptional as they held wetaskiwin to 2 points in the first quarter of the finals. They showed tremendous balance and great team chemistry and truly earned provincial gold. Congrats boys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS   Today at 8:06 pm

Back to top Go down

3A BOYS PROVINCIAL RANKING ANY PREDICTIONS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1