HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

nationals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bballer2

PostSubject: nationals    Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Does anyone want to discuss the Nationals in Winnipeg for u15 or u17? Strange there are no comments on here about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: nationals    Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Go to "U15 rule changes" thread , it is being didcussed there including a very insightful , thought provoking post bt Coacg djr (IMHO )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbsportfan

PostSubject: nationals discussion   Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:34 pm

i see noone has replied to this, so i'll give it a shot.

I think we need to be able to challenge ourseleves on our record at the nationals. Am i the only one that is fed up with coming dead last in most divisions?

Unless we are ready to talk about it, we wont get any better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: nationals    Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:42 am

I think the reply you got was that the issue was being addressed in another thread. There was lots of dicussion there over a 2 year period up and until the end of Nationals this past year.

I think lots of people are willing to have the conversation. In most cases though what most people see as having a conversation is simply sharing what they see as wrong. Identifying what is wrong is the easy part. You don't even have to agree that it is wrong to identify as a potential fault. Its coming to agreeement on what we want, how to get there and what each stakeholders role needs to be that is the difficult part.

I'll happily contribute thoughts here on back on the other thread.

To avoid re-hading issues already discussed though, I will simply state that BNB had modified their elite development programs and packages this year to make them more central to NB needs while maintaining elements of the curriculum Canada Basketball is endorsing. That being said until, as a basketball community, the priority becomes "basketball" and "basketball players" rather then me, my team, my town, my program for parents, coaches, officials and players we will have issues. We have a passionate basketball community in this province, we just need to do a better job communicating and working together to common goals. There can't be this divide between what is best for us vs what is best for them. If it makes better basketball and better basketball players then we have to see that as good for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nationals    Today at 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down

nationals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1