HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BallIsLife3@hotmail.com

PostSubject: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:35 am

Last edited by BallIsLife3@hotmail.com on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : delete)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallIsLife3@hotmail.com

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Last edited by BallIsLife3@hotmail.com on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ominous

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:21 am

CCH could (I am saying could) be the best team in Lethbridge. However, in my experience coaching down there the CCH teams have not been the 'best representation' of sportsmanship and fan support. The program has been doing well, recently but I am unsure as to who they have returning this season. There coach is well-experienced although I have never been impressed with the way he deals with his players or conducts himself on the bench.

LCI is probably the best known program in the city. Historically, it has always been a top team. The last few years have been difficult due to coaching changes, a new school opening, whatnot.

Winston Churchill (WCHS) has been playing 3A basketball.

If you want the best teams you may consider some of the surrounding towns. Raymond is about 25 min. from Lethbridge and has had one of the strongest programs in the province for the last two or three years. It is a tight-knit community and it may be difficult to feel comfortable in a new situation, there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallIsLife3@hotmail.com

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:59 am

Last edited by BallIsLife3@hotmail.com on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:49 am

Chinook High School is in its second year with an experienced coach and a good upcoming program, and a beautiful new school, you could really solidify their team and it could be your team. Many other teams are hard to be accepted in like Raymond. I would not recommend Catholic Central at all!!!! LCI should be your 2 nd choice for schools in Lethbridge.

To answer your question above the best junior varsity team? Quite sure Cardston will have the best junior and senior teams this year ( sorry Raymond fans, lost too many players and too much coaching staff, not that they wont be good, but it will take them a while to get into championship form)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 am

LCI has to be your first choice. The best run program in the city.

For spring club ball (AAU equivalent) the jr pronghorns program have a great group of 96 born players. Easily the best team in the city and probably the province last year for U15.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 am

You talk about the the jr pronghorns program. That program is run by a ex coach from wr myers jv program and they get to pick kids from all over southern alberta for there program. You failed to mention that at every tourney they go to that Cardston is at the two teams are most always in the final.. They ( JR HORNS) have kids on the team that will be going to Chinook High, Winston High. Taber High. LCI High Picture Butte High, Claresholm High. Cardston only gets kids from there school. The Jr pronghorns had two grad 10 ers who did play high school ball last. Cardston had ALL grade niners. So lets compare apples to apples. Cardston jv team will be tough again, maybe tougher than last year. Time will tell, look for Raymond to rebound back from last year also, they are always tough no matter whos gym they are in. Lci and CCH will be tough also. My top three 1. Cardston
2.CCH
3. LCI /RAYMOND
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Fair enough but it is a club program and is supposed to take the best players from the area. The better club programs out there like the Grads, Selects, Genesis or CYDC are all a step up from most community based programs from smaller towns or even the LMBA. That isn't to say that communities can't run good programs. There just isn't very many that can compete at that level.

Its also not the grade of the player but the age that matters. Under 15 as of January 1st. Westwind school division has many overage players in all divisions in spring league basketball because their schools have the September 1st cut off so they have older kids in younger grades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopies

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Cardston will probably be the strongest team in Southern Alberta this coming season. But if your looking for the best team in Lethbridge, I would say CCH would be the best team coming out of Lethbridge followed by LCI. But you never know anything could happen this season Raymond could defend their title once again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Hoopies - I think you are referring to Varsity. Slimjim was talking about JV although the top 3 could be the same in both.

I was talking about club ball and while Cardston had a good grade 9 team for a community, I saw a few community programs that were much better this spring. And it does seem to me that those community spring league programs have a very close connection to how the school teams do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:14 pm

There is only a couple community programs I've seen in the past few years that can compete with the clubs and any team that has plans to play tournaments in the states should know that the AAU cut off date is September 1, not January 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?   Today at 7:35 am

Back to top Go down

What highschool is BEST for me to go to around the Lethebridge area ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1