HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA Girls 09-10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hoopster 12

PostSubject: AA Girls 09-10   Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Could someone put together a top 10 for the AA girls and what are perdictions for playoffs? Who will meet at the AC? What team will eveyone have to watch out for and what will be key match ups?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Hmm right now it looks like this

North (finalized)
1) DRHS 2) Stanley 3) Sugarloaf 4) UMRHS

East (not final yet)
1) Bonar Law 2) JMA 3) Bellisle 4) Caledonia ( there are enough games left that 2,3,4 can change but Bonar Law will be first)

West (also not final yet)
1) Devon Park 2) TVHS 3) SVHS 4) Hartland

South (not finalized either)
1) RNS 2) Grand Manan 3) Fundy 4) Harvey

Conference tournament for northeast teams will be at DRHS

Not sure were southwest tourney will be...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:41 pm

The Southwest Regionals will go to the winner of the South
RNS is in 1st as they are finished. GMCS has 1 game left vs, Campo - if they win they host regioanls. If they lose, RNS hosts - won;t know until the last minute (Feb 2nd)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:36 am

obcnamtaf wrote:
Hmm right now it looks like this

North (finalized)
1) DRHS 2) Stanley 3) Sugarloaf 4) UMRHS

East (not final yet)
1) Bonar Law 2) JMA 3) Bellisle 4) Caledonia ( there are enough games left that 2,3,4 can change but Bonar Law will be first)

West (also not final yet)
1) Devon Park 2) TVHS 3) SVHS 4) Hartland

South (not finalized either)
1) RNS 2) Grand Manan 3) Fundy 4) Harvey

Conference tournament for northeast teams will be at DRHS

Not sure were southwest tourney will be...

Not sure of the NorthEast but after Regionals the SouthWest Representatives will look like this:
Moving on to Sectionals:
Devon Park
Tobique
RNS
GMCS

lose 1st game on Friday
Hart
SVHS
Harvey
FUndy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm

So sectionals would see
Devon Park (host ) vs JMA
DRHS/Stanley(too close to call) vs RNS

And at DRHS?Stanley
DRHS/Stanley vs GMCS
TVHS vs BLMS

My guess would be a TVHS vs DP final at the AC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

I think TVHS will in the finals if their girls can stay out of foul trouble - Goodine and Ouellette are good but physical players and if they get into foul trouble they could move. Have not seen DP but from the scuttlebutt they will be hard to beat.

RNS also lost their centre to a leg injury - heard she was on crutches - it will be hard for them without her and the short bench to stay with the physical teams in Regionals and if they make it sectionals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Well I have to disagree with the top 4 picks coming out of the SouthWest for darn sure...if anyone has been watching the scores and the circumstance behind the scores they wouldn't be so apt. to count out Hartland or Southern Victoria!!

I had posted my replies on the DP and Hart game..play by play but the system went down obviously before anyone could read or respond. And it was to long to repeat all over considering all that has transpired since then I think I can give my opinion on all of the new results.

The SouthWest regionals will no doubt be played in Grand Manan, with RNS placing second...and thier game will not be anything like it was when they played before at the Grand Manan Tourni. Jon Brain has been in this a loooonnngg time and if anyone thinks S Vic will be a pushover then they are definatley setting themselves up for failure.

And may I remind that hartland has beat GM twice and once over on the island...it was a close game and I know the first round of playoffs will be a close game as well, coming down to who wants it more and who is out of foul trouble. When they met up at the Jon Glass GM couldn't touch Hart, arsenault had 43 points easy..she was on fire and if she is on her game then she will not be stopped. Be it as it may, I can count for sure that Wayne will have some sort of defence in mind to keep arsenault in control but like many other top playes they will still score thier 25-30. hartland is not just going to roll over and give the game to GM either. it will be a game till the end!! Plus Brown is good but she is not in the same leaque as Arsenault.

May I also remind you that Hart beat TV as well, as well as DP has had some close incounters. I mean they went from not making the playoffs to being the team to beat all because of one player...an exception player at that but I have a hard time not thinking that some of the top coaches in AA will have some sort of plan to try to beat DP, so I wouldn't go giving them the banner yet.

Who do I think will be in the finals...same as I have been saying all season, I have watched most of all the games and have seen most circumstance, injureis, fouls etc that has definatley effected some of the outputs. And I beleive the two teams that play the hardest with out being in foul trouble or injury will be the top two, and I beleive that will be either

DP, TV, SV or Hartland because they are the powerhouses of the AA this year, no matter what team might of got lucky and beat them a game!!

Well I'm sure I will get a tongue lashing on this reply but that is why I enjoy commenting as it is my opinion and we all deserve to voice one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardafro

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:02 pm

the power teams are in the west for sure, for tobique it is not only about staying out of foul trouble but it would help them if some of the other girls stepped up, ouelette and goodine will do their usually thing but sometimes they need a little more help..

big game on friday when hartland plays in PR, hoping its not to physical of a game, past games with TV vs Hartland have always been rough. I think this one should be somewhat close
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:54 am

Feardafro wrote:
the power teams are in the west for sure, for tobique it is not only about staying out of foul trouble but it would help them if some of the other girls stepped up, ouelette and goodine will do their usually thing but sometimes they need a little more help..

big game on friday when hartland plays in PR, hoping its not to physical of a game, past games with TV vs Hartland have always been rough. I think this one should be somewhat close

I don't forsee it to be close, positions are already set for the west in this manner, as well some of the starters are missing, two due to injury and need to be healed for playoffs and one who has a prior ingagement that could not be cancelled because this was a make up game.

As a coach I would play this game to try to give my bench some good playing time as the results won't really make a difference since Hart can't knock TV out of the second position..its best to get their starters healed up for the playoffs next weekend cause that is when it really counts.

As I have mentioned before numerous times that injuries will play into the playoffs and what teams come out and if arsenault is still injured than that will with out a doubt affect how hartland does in GM or RNS. If her coach puts her in before she is fully healed than the risk of a reinjury is to great against TV and the physical game that always goes with these two teams playing...better to save it for playoffs.

Last year Corrine Caldwell rebroke her collar bone from the previous year against playoffs against TV and she was out until the Aikten Center game...anything can happen but this year if Arsenault or Trecartin reinjure before or during playoffs I just don't see them being able to maintain....anymore than if DP lost gillis or TV lost goodine....they are the key players that help thier team and everyone feeds off them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA Girls 09-10   Today at 9:08 am

Back to top Go down

AA Girls 09-10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1