HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:50 pm

is it gonna be a repeat of last year or is it different?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raps and Wildcats

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:44 pm

I've heard that Perth is as strong as ever but Smiths Falls have played them tough.

BCI is quite strong too. St. Mike's played them tough too.

Loyalist from Kingston is the host but I heard Bayridge and Queen E. have beat them but I'm not postive.

Like the other post, I hear North Dundas will come out of Cornwall.

Opeongo, Bishop Smith, and Renfrew are all in the running to come out of UOVHSAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:06 pm

ya i think perth will dominate it easily...ive played smith falls perth and bci and perth will clean them all up plus perth has murdered smith falls twice this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:57 pm

and single a
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sideline coach

PostSubject: Lanark Finals   Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:30 am

Smiths Falls beat Perth by a hoop yesterday in Perth in the first of best of 3.
Perth is without 2 starters for the rest of year due to injury.
SF played well, with Dufort and Onion being their best players.
Should be GREAT game in SF on Thursday!
Perth juniors won by 50 in their first game against Carleton Place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:46 pm

[quote="sideline coach"]Smiths Falls beat Perth by a hoop yesterday in Perth in the first of best of 3.
Perth is without 2 starters for the rest of year due to injury.
SF played well, with Dufort and Onion being their best players.
Should be GREAT game in SF on Thursday!
Perth juniors won by 50 in their first game against Carleton Place.[/ quote]

wow thats an upset! so which players are injured
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sideline coach

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 am

Webster and Forbes are out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:48 pm

so did sf win today ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachFin

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 am

anklebracesrequired01 wrote:
so did sf win today ?

Confirmed. Smiths Falls knocked off Perth for the Lanark County Senior AA championship. Vincent Dufort and his teammates must have had a fantastic pair of games to claim the title.

Congrats to Coach Spencer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sideline coach

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 am

Congrats to Smiths Falls !! Vincent Dufort controlled the game from start to finish. First time in 10 years that Perth has not won the title. The win also keeps the Smiths Falls record of 17 years in the books.
You always want to send the best and with Perth missing 2 starters Smiths Falls is the best rep for Lanark County.
If SF were to win EOSSAA (which I believe they have a very good shot at) it would be the first time in 24 years a SF was the EOSSAA rep at OFSSAA!
Maybe coach Finn can help with this one but I don't believe that SF is losing anyone next year? Wow! How good is Dufort going to be next year?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raps and Wildcats

PostSubject: Teams in for AA and A   Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 am

From what I understand here are the entries for AA in Kingston:

Smiths Falls
Brockville CI
Loyalist
North Dundas
Renfrew
L'Escale

Haven't heard much about "A", I assume:

Gan (host)
Madawaska (UOVHSAA)
Holy Trinity
Notre Dame
there's also a wildcard as KASSAA isn't sending a rep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachFin

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:13 pm

sideline coach wrote:
Congrats to Smiths Falls !! Vincent Dufort controlled the game from start to finish. First time in 10 years that Perth has not won the title. The win also keeps the Smiths Falls record of 17 years in the books.
You always want to send the best and with Perth missing 2 starters Smiths Falls is the best rep for Lanark County.
If SF were to win EOSSAA (which I believe they have a very good shot at) it would be the first time in 24 years a SF was the EOSSAA rep at OFSSAA!
Maybe coach Finn can help with this one but I don't believe that SF is losing anyone next year? Wow! How good is Dufort going to be next year?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sideline, I can confirm that Smiths Falls loses no one next year. Dufort will be back for a fifth year and a lot of those players are in Grade 11 right now - so the Falls will be dangerous again in 2010-2011. I'm not sure which Perth players are considering a fifth year but I believe shooting guard Mark Mariner has wrapped up his basketball career as a Blue Devil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbscout

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:41 pm

WEBSTER IS ALSO A FIFTH YEAR PLAYER. I ALSO HEAR THAT JONES IS GOING TO ST LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY IN THE FALL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller21

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 pm

What about the Perth juniors coming up from grade 10 along with Piermen? Any impact on the 2010-2011 team considering them handling BCI in EOSSAA finals last year? Or no match for either SF or BCI?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 am

smith falls has majority of players back as does notre dame. perths Mitchell pierman has also returned for a 5th year. as for the other schools in lciaa i have no idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller21

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:35 pm

notre dame is garbage, the only two forces in lciaa are PDCI and SF. it should be an interesting season with the two of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller21

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:37 pm

no comment on any juniors coming up in lciaa?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:47 pm

baller21 wrote:
notre dame is garbage, the only two forces in lciaa are PDCI and SF. it should be an interesting season with the two of them.

Notre dame just beat Perth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: Best "AA" squad in Kingston?   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:25 am

Just looking forward to OFSAA in North Bay and was wondering if any "AA" schools from Kingston have a chance of representing its region? Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kslayz420

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:26 am

Well considering i play in the lanark county div il tell you how it is
Smiths Falls is unreal this year they pretty much have everyone back Dufort,Summers,Judd and they hav a smooth pg Dish thompson they have already played 20 games this season including going to a college tourny in quebec they toss oops to eachother like its not a big deal with 4 dunkers on the team.. they will be a force to be reckoned with a Eossa
Perth has their best player out for the season with a broken foot and thats Mitch Pierman... without him they are not doing that well as they lost to Notre Dame
Notre dame has alot of returning players including there best player Kyle Sterkowski they just beat perth the other day and are looking pretty good this year.. except not good enough to win single A eossa... they should stick to volleyball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:31 pm

kslayz420 wrote:
Well considering i play in the lanark county div il tell you how it is
Smiths Falls is unreal this year they pretty much have everyone back Dufort,Summers,Judd and they hav a smooth pg Dish thompson they have already played 20 games this season including going to a college tourny in quebec they toss oops to eachother like its not a big deal with 4 dunkers on the team.. they will be a force to be reckoned with a Eossa
Perth has their best player out for the season with a broken foot and thats Mitch Pierman... without him they are not doing that well as they lost to Notre Dame
Notre dame has alot of returning players including there best player Kyle Sterkowski they just beat perth the other day and are looking pretty good this year.. except not good enough to win single A eossa... they should stick to volleyball

pierman is not out for season, he twisted hi ankle, he'll be back, as far as notre dame with single a eossaa who else is competing to win that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thehammer

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Top A teams in EOSSAA

The best two are Notre Dame and Holy Trinity throw in Mckenzie or Madawaska and that's all there is. Vankleek Hill I think might be single A but even if they are they are not that strong.

AA

Smiths Falls #1 they are probably the best team in EOSSAA by far. Not to many weakensses on this team.

Vying for #2

Perth if Healthy will always be a threat at the end of the year. Have lost to smiths falls, south Grenville and BCI already.
South Grenville have beaten Frontenac, Perth and BCI. But also have lost to Bayridge, BCI and Ashbury.
Ernestown have given Frontenac a good run losing in overtime, but getting handled pretty good by St. Joes.
Loyalist hot and cold have beaten St.Joes out of cornwall but lost to Frontenac and also to Smiths Falls. Probably the best AA in Kingston when they decide to turn it on.
BCI have beaten perth and Bayridge twice, as well as Ashbury and South. Lost to Frontenac and Holy Cross and St.joes and to south. Will Battle South for the Lgssa championship.
Bayridge- good guard play, like to shoot the 3. Have beaten nicholson and parkside from dundas. could cause problems for the AA schools in Kingston when they are on. Kingston schools will be pretty tough come Feb.

The rest

Renfrew usually comes out of the north. THe other 2 divisions I here could be L'escale or St.thomas acquinas and I heard R.O or North Dundas. Not to be negative they should forfeit there entry to EOSSAA and send 2 wild cards, would make for a great AA EOSSAA.

That's what I know right now. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
anklebracesrequired01

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:27 pm

trinity lost to perth by 45, so i donno if that was a fluke or not, and bci beat ashbury:0
smith falls had a close game with loyalist earlier this year so that will be a good match up, and what about gan for single a?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JH823

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:09 am

thehammer wrote:
Top A teams in EOSSAA

The best two are Notre Dame and Holy Trinity throw in Mckenzie or Madawaska and that's all there is. Vankleek Hill I think might be single A but even if they are they are not that strong.

From UOVHSAA, you have to watch out for General Panet, they took mackenzie out by 15, and madawaska is not strong at all this year, their best player has graduated out of fifth year. They will beat Vankleek Hill who have lost to RCI by roughly 30. Notre Dame is strong this year, but after Renfrew's Jan 14/15th tournament we'll have a better idea of who should win the Notre Dame/ General Panet matchup, as Notre Dame should get a chance to compete against Renfrew, who beat Panet by 5 in league play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbfan

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Braces - you asked about Gan for "A"- they are weak this year as are all "A" LGSSAA teams. Just a down year. Right now Athens is in 1st in A having defeated both Rideau and Gan by about 10
Gans big man- Offspring - transferred to a school in the Burlington area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?   Today at 5:14 am

Back to top Go down

how are the AA and A schools looking for eossaa?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next