HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mouat Tourney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Mouat Tourney   Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Has anyone got the results of Mouat tourney over the past weekend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mouat Tourney   Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:08 pm

We beat SD by about 6 and lost to GW Graham by 3 and lost to Moust by 10. Mouat lost to GW Graham and WG beat SD. We just played on the Saturday so I am not sure about other results. WG looked very impressive in the game I saw them play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mouat Tourney   Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Seems to be a tournament more for the refs. I highly doubt these results are accurate ways of judging the season, seeing as how the players likely didn't play their hardest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mouat Tourney   Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 pm

How many teams ? who looks good besides WG who always brings a good half court defense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Mike

PostSubject: Re: Mouat Tourney   Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 am

Walnut Grove won over South Delta, Byrne Creek, Tamanawis & GW Graham. Kitts lost to Byrne Creek and Mouat. Mouat went 3-1 (lost to GW Graham but believe they were missing at least Jesse Coy). Determination - all the teams played hard, kids are trying to makes squads and trying to define their roles. Actually the coaches were commenting on the level of competitiveness, but don't put too much weight on these games as it is early, early in the pre-season and was just an opportunity for the kids to get out and play and for the coaches to evaluate their players. Several teams looked more like hockey teams with the amout of players on the squads and coaches were substituting in groups of 5. I will say this though that the sophmores and junior players will really have an impact at the senior level this year and the success of many teams will be based on their development. GW Graham is a Double AA school but basically comprises AAU Trans Canada out of Chilliwack. I've seen them alot this spring/summer and these kids can give any strong AAA school a run for the money. They all play hard and are very well coached. If you're looking for a strong exhibition game or good caliber team for a tourney look them up. Trans-Canada is doing a nice job out there and it's nice to see strong ball coming deep out of the valley where kids are spoon fed with hockey sticks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mouat Tourney   Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:43 am

Either Mouat Or Walnut Grove will come out of the Valley as champions too much talent and size.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mouat Tourney   Today at 8:46 am

Back to top Go down
Mouat Tourney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1