HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SurreyBall

PostSubject: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:47 pm

1. WRCA- Good jr team coming up with some returning sr's that are solid.
2. Pitt Meadows- If coach goulet is back this team will be a powerhouse in the valley.
3. Tamanawis- Manny and Rav anchor a strong group 12's, depth could be a problem losing 3 of their top 5.
4. Mouat- Will be a solid valley team like always have the talent to go back to the BC's.
5. Walnut Grove- Solid team with a big anchor in Kenneth Monture.
6. Terry Fox- Chambers will find a way to make this team competitive even though their isn't much talent this year.
7. Heritage Woods- Mitch Litergwood will do all he can to get his team to compete at a high level, they will be decent.
8. Enver Creek- Have a good team that can make BC's but can also lose in the first round. Think they lost one their role players after he got expelled.
9. South Delta- Could be the year Dustin Triano bursts onto the scene and takes his team far...or not take his team anywhere.
10. Yale Lions- A good program they should be a decent team this year.
11. Princess Margaret- Could be a surprise, they have a lot of raw talent. If this team works hard i can see them on the same level as Enver.(Same Division)
12. North Delta- Always a threat to be good in the Valleys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eastvanbball

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:53 pm

1. Walnut Grove- Physical and Big can't get any better than that.
2. WRCA- Lose one of their top grade 12 players to injury but still have good grade 11's and some grade 12's
3. Mouat- Their size will kill teams
4. Terry Fox- Well Coached physical team
5. Pitt Meadows- Goulet will save this team
6. South Delta- talented and well coached
7. Enver Creek- talented and always good
8. Heritage Woods- Litgerwood is all for this team

Dissapointing Teams-
(Delta Pacers)- Lucas Goosen has talent but their juniors coming up won't be able to play at the senior level and no coaching
(Yale Lions)- Even Friesen will not be able to save this team but still could be able to suprise
(North Delta)- Coach Matt Mckay is at South Delta now, this team can shoot but isn't physical
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naismith

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Hasn't Chambers left Fox to coach at UVIC?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Mike

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:36 am

Coach Chambers has moved on to coach the women's team at University of Victoria. I beleieve that the Jr coach Steve Hanson has stepped up to coach the senior squad. The Valley will be as competitive as usual, and I think most of the teams listed will duke it out; however, there will be a few surprises I'm sure. Depth is definetly going to be contributing factor because on any given night the big guns can be shut down. And the underclassmen are going to have major impacts this year at the Sr level. Looking forward to getting it started!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:38 pm

eastvanbball wrote:
1. Walnut Grove- Physical and Big can't get any better than that.
2. WRCA- Lose one of their top grade 12 players to injury but still have good grade 11's and some grade 12's
3. Mouat- Their size will kill teams
4. Terry Fox- Well Coached physical team
5. Pitt Meadows- Goulet will save this team
6. South Delta- talented and well coached
7. Enver Creek- talented and always good
8. Heritage Woods- Litgerwood is all for this team

Dissapointing Teams-
(Delta Pacers)- Lucas Goosen has talent but their juniors coming up won't be able to play at the senior level and no coaching
(Yale Lions)- Even Friesen will not be able to save this team but still could be able to suprise
(North Delta)- Coach Matt Mckay is at South Delta now, this team can shoot but isn't physical

Walnut Grove is and will be the team to beat in the lower mainland! With the addition Of Kenneth Monture, There really is no weakness to this team. They have been practicing nonstop, and are a cohesive team. With Jadon Cohee playing senior, this should insure enough offense to go along with an intensity style defense. WRCA is going to have to deal with as many as four major injuries that have hit their Team. I’m hearing as many as three of their starters may not start the season! Mouat has a talent laden team, with a good blend of youth and experienced players. The problem they may have, will be lack of experience from there star junior players CH and TE, who are expected to be starters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurreyBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:43 pm

I hear that Grove is going to be big and physical this year...
When mathced up with the wrong team they will get blown out by teams who are all about transition because they will are better suited for a half court type offense defense so their transition game will be a problem and their offense could be slow which can cause teams to be stagnant at times. Also Kenneth will do damage but who will do the damage when he has foul trouble? You can be big and physical and good, but if you get matched up in the Valleys with a team that is just as hardworking on the Defensive end and can run the brakes off the other team they will have trouble.
Bottom Line: Their is no real #1 right now in the Valleys, their are about 3-4 teams that are up there like mouat, tamy, pitt, wrca that are battling and i just havent seen anything from grove so i cant agree with them being a #1 in the pre-season however they are a top 5 team in the fv's whether there the #1 well find out in jus under 2 months
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Determination

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:55 am

1. W.J Mouat - This team is possibly one of the most complete teams in the province as well as just a massive team. A starting front line of Tristan, Jesse Coy and Cam Friesen is going to wreak havoc on the smaller teams in the valley. Very deep in the guard position.
2. Pitt Meadows - Trevor, Matt and Mitsu star on this hard working team. Have the skill level and the depth to compete with anyone. Mitsu is possibly the quickest guard in the valley.
3. Walnut Grove - Kenneth and De'Sean are very good players and will be looked upon to lead this team.
4. WRCA - Very talented juniors but seniors are not up to par. Expect big things from this team next year. This year, however, is not their year.
5. Tamanawis - Manny and Rav are standouts, however beyond this they may be a bit slim.
6. Heritage Woods - Ligertwood is a solid player and can make a difference on this average team.
7. Enver Creek - Solid group of 11's.
8. South Delta - A dark horse in the valleys, new coaching may bring more wins.
9. Yale - Never count this team out. Has talent to compete.
10. Delta - Goosen will do well his senior year. Good PG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Mike

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:58 am

It's interesting reading peoples thoughts, sometimes amusing, some folks like BB Fanatic have instant cred, as they've been out watching games and know well the players they speak of. I can go into detail Surreyball but I'll tell you firsthand you are far from the truth. If a lot of you are basketball fans as you appear to be why not get out to games and get to know the players and teams and Im sure your opinions will change and your comments will be accurate. There's been spring, summer leagues, AAU ball and the pre-season Mouat tourney. But your correct in a few months the players and teams will battle for supremacy and the truth shall be told.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shotfake123

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:15 pm

1. Walnut grove- best all around team in the valley, well coached

2. WRCA- hard working, some good talent very well coached

3. Mouat- very big team, no real pg though, that could hurt them

4. Pitt- only matt and Trevor, don't know how far they will take them, but if fouled coaches the team..that's a another story

5. Tammy- rav must have a good year to make the team good, manny will have to be big as well

6. Enver creek- don't know much about them, people keep posting that they will be good

7. Delta- Lucas will have to have a big year for his team to compete for a provincial spot

8. Heritage- just Mitch

9. South delta- different coach, that might help them to compete better this year

10. Yale- I don't know why people are putting this team in the FV top 10..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dunkit29

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:44 am

shotfake123 wrote:
1. Walnut grove- best all around team in the valley, well coached

2. WRCA- hard working, some good talent very well coached

3. Mouat- very big team, no real pg though, that could hurt them

4. Pitt- only matt and Trevor, don't know how far they will take them, but if fouled coaches the team..that's a another story

5. Tammy- rav must have a good year to make the team good, manny will have to be big as well

6. Enver creek- don't know much about them, people keep posting that they will be good

7. Delta- Lucas will have to have a big year for his team to compete for a provincial spot

8. Heritage- just Mitch

9. South delta- different coach, that might help them to compete better this year

10. Yale- I don't know why people are putting this team in the FV top 10..

Shotfake... Some of your comments are random. WRCA has major injuries, they will have to rely on their juniors. Enver Creek won the grade 8 provincials, I think 3 years ago... these guys are now seniors and I am thinking they will be higher. What do you mean Mouat has no guards? Do they not have Corey Hauck playing up, he is one of the highest ranked point guards out there, along with Jadon Cohee from Walnut! Yale #10, not sure they have anyone to help out their newly recruited point guard from Saskatchewan. Heritage #8 were you serious? Does Delta have anyone else besides Lucas? Not too familiar with them. Walnut Grove and Mouat in the finals, barring no major injuries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shotfake123

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:57 am

@dunkit29..

I never said mouat has no guards, I said they have no real pg. I forgot about huack but he won't be making a big difference, he can only shoot

Who is injured on WRCA

Envers grade 11's won gr 8 provincials and that doesn't mean anything at all

Your surprised I put heritage at 8, all they have is Mitch and that's it I put delta at 7 cause they only have Lucas, it's better to have your only good player being a point guard than a sf/sg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachLen

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:59 am

1. Walnut Grove - Just look like they are the best rounded team and have the best players to prove it

2. WJ Mouat - Got two of the best players in BC enough said but depends on whether Friesen can rebound back form the ACL injury

3. Pitt Meadows - Matt Blackaby and Mitsu could make this team a contender in the valley.

4. WRCA - Juniors look great but don't really know about the injuries.

5. Tamanawis - Rav and Manny look like they can make things happen conditioning has to be peak for them to contend.

6. Delta - Goosen continues to impress and looks like he can carry this team to provincials.

7. Heritage Woods - If they can integrate the new players they can be a darkhorse with Mitch as the leader.

8. Seaquam - Physically can match up with any team but don't know about the talent.

9. Terry Fox - Players that can play hard will usually help out a lot who knows what this team is capable of.

10. Enver Creek - Basically lost their whole team but still have a couple of good players who can contend.

(HM) South Delta - Have talent and new coaching this team could pull together for one team and don't forget about Dustin Triano

(HM) Yale Lions - Friesen is the only player Ive even heard about on this team hopefully he can carry them

(HM) Princess Margaret - Have talent but will always have issues with keeping players focused.

(HM) Gleneagle - Have a couple players coming back but are considered honourable mention because of their ranking from last year

(HM) Fleetwood Park - Can maybe build on their provincial experience from last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: White Rock   Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:21 pm

I know one of their injuries is Shaylen Buis, who had shoulder surgery. Even iof he gets healthy, he might be focusing on baseball instead of basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurreyBall

PostSubject: From all the posts i have seen these are the overall rankings   Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:52 am

1. WJ Mouat- Seems like Friesen, Coy and Tristan will load up one of the best frontlines in BC. Cory Hauck will have a chance to lead this team, he is the X-Factor.
2. Walnut Grove- Big and Physical are the main focuses on this team. Kenneth and De'Sean will have a lot on their heads to take this team far.
3. Pitt Meadows- Have 3 skilled players in Trevor, Matt and Mitsu. Mitsu will be a blur to most point guards this team also works very hard.
4. Tamanawis- Lost 3 starters and now are left with Rav and Manny to carry this team. Role players will need to step up if this team wants to be a contender.
5.WRCA- Juniors are good but injuries and inexperience will hurt this team in the long run. The 11's will get a lot of playing time and will be Pre-Season #1 next year.
6. South Delta- Coach of North Delta has switched here and he had a lot of success there. Dustin Triano needs to be a do it all guard and his teamates need to work hard and support him.
7. Heritage Woods- Mitch will anchor the frontcourt which could be enough to squeeze in to the BC's if his teamates step up.
8. Terry Fox- Even though Chambers has left this school is known for producing good basketball players, they will be decent with a chance to be good.
HM:
Princess Margaret- Division is weak this team could surprise and take the central over Enver. Have a solid 5-6 players that can produce.
Delta- Lucas has a lot on his shoulders as he stars alone on this average team. Whether there anything more then a average team will depend on Goosen.
Enver Creek- Have heard that this team has a couple of drive players but depth could kill them in the long run.
Seaquam- There coach is a basketball BC legend and his team is physical which can lead for some success for them this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Portmoodyball

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Basically agree with these standings. Pitt has a strong team this year but Heritage Woods
is strongley under-rated. Brandon Lau has unbelievable range,
good at attacking the basket and decent passer. The 1-2 punch of Ligertwood and Lau
should help propel this team into the BC's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:51 pm

SurreyBall wrote:
1. WRCA- Good jr team coming up with some returning sr's that are solid.
2. Pitt Meadows- If coach goulet is back this team will be a powerhouse in the valley.
3. Tamanawis- Manny and Rav anchor a strong group 12's, depth could be a problem losing 3 of their top 5.
4. Mouat- Will be a solid valley team like always have the talent to go back to the BC's.
5. Walnut Grove- Solid team with a big anchor in Kenneth Monture.
6. Terry Fox- Chambers will find a way to make this team competitive even though their isn't much talent this year.
7. Heritage Woods- Mitch Litergwood will do all he can to get his team to compete at a high level, they will be decent.
8. Enver Creek- Have a good team that can make BC's but can also lose in the first round. Think they lost one their role players after he got expelled.
9. South Delta- Could be the year Dustin Triano bursts onto the scene and takes his team far...or not take his team anywhere.
10. Yale Lions- A good program they should be a decent team this year.
11. Princess Margaret- Could be a surprise, they have a lot of raw talent. If this team works hard i can see them on the same level as Enver.(Same Division)
12. North Delta- Always a threat to be good in the Valleys.

number 3 you must be from surrey walnute grove or mouat take 3 easy maybe terry fox makes a push if they bring the full court D no surrey team has had success in frasers in the last few years especially the ones that came into the season hyped ..cough 2010-2011 enver creek cougars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurreyBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:04 pm

I am from Surrey and if u didnt see my most recent rankings after i looked at what others had Grove and Mouat are both ahead of Tamanawis. I agree that hyped teams like EC dont go far but Surrey does send atleast 2 teams to the BC's every year, tamy, fleetwood have made it 2 straight years and kp made it before them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:38 am

False fleetwood didnt make it last year they only made it this year 2010-2011 season they lost in do or die game last year made it the year before
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerforlife03

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:01 pm

does mouat have any good juniors coming up to play senior?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Determination

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Tristan Etienne and Corey Hauck. Both are top players in the 2014 class. Tristan has arguably the most potential in that class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Surrey teams in the bc's last 3 years:

2009: WRCA, Fleetwood, Tamanawis
2010: WRCA, Clayton Heights
2011: Fleetwood, Tamanawis

So Surrey has sent at least 2 teams to the BC's in recent years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Three players with high potential from the juniors to play senior!   Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:00 pm

ballerforlife03 wrote:
does mouat have any good juniors coming up to play senior?
Amrit Dubb -Mouat Abbotsford

Daniel Pawliuk- Mouat Abbotsford

Cody Pawliuk - Mouat Abbotsford

All three can really Ball. Daniel was the leading scorer on their junior team last years, (twenty five per game). Big kid 6'5" 195lbs can shoot out side and score inside! He is always overlooked but will be a force again this year. Won't start, but will get good minutes.
Cody, is just a great athlete and gives a ton of energy. Amrit Dubb is underated and will share the pt guard duties with Corey Hauck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
r-macbball

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Hauck's a solid player, he might struggle a bit at the senior level although he's got good players around him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]   Today at 9:03 am

Back to top Go down

Top 12 Fraser Valley Teams [Pre-Season]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1