HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

top 10 AA Girls players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: top 10 AA Girls players   Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 am

Someone was asking...here is my list for Southwest only as i am not as familiar with the North

1- Gillis: no contest...i think everyone will agree. She should be playing AAA
2- Goodine: TV...Very hard to guard
3- Arsenault: HCS...Fastest player in AA and good on the boards
4- Ouellette: TV....big and a pretty good shot
5- Trecartin: HCS....good ball handler, good shooter
6- Dark haired guard on RNS....can't think of her name
7- Brown: GM...she is only going to get better
8- Wilson: GM....this girls can shoot!
9- Other Guard on RNS....can't think of her namne either
10- Caissie: Harvey....she seems to always get her pts.

SV could have players on this list but they have a bunch of strong players with no 1 player who stands out.....that could be a GOOD THING!! #6 - 10 could go in different order any given day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: top 10 AA Girls players   Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Haven't seen a lot of these girls play so I can't say for sure but the Williams girl from DRHS and a girl from Stanley (name I don't know) who might crack your top 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: top 10 AA Girls players   Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:27 pm

celtic wrote:
Someone was asking...here is my list for Southwest only as i am not as familiar with the North

1- Gillis: no contest...i think everyone will agree. She should be playing AAA
2- Goodine: TV...Very hard to guard
3- Arsenault: HCS...Fastest player in AA and good on the boards
4- Ouellette: TV....big and a pretty good shot
5- Trecartin: HCS....good ball handler, good shooter
6- Dark haired guard on RNS....can't think of her name
7- Brown: GM...she is only going to get better
8- Wilson: GM....this girls can shoot!
9- Other Guard on RNS....can't think of her namne either
10- Caissie: Harvey....she seems to always get her pts.

SV could have players on this list but they have a bunch of strong players with no 1 player who stands out.....that could be a GOOD THING!! #6 - 10 could go in different order any given day.

Ya your about right, think that really though and this is just my personal opinion there are 3 top players in AA ball right now and that is Gillis, Goodine and Arsenault and everyone else is a level below them and there are many that fall in that catagory which you have mentioned and if they are played right they can be held and are not a threat...but gillis, goodine and arsenault will get their 25 + no matter what and then some. Think Brown and Wilson will get stronger and stronger as they grow and still have 2 years left. \and there are some on the \north east like williams and some from stanley that are up and coming as well...off SV aleisha gregory has always impressed me but again she can be controlled.

I agree with Gillis should still be playing AAA ball for her to continue to improve her skills, not much in the AA that will make her a better player, only thing I really see her gaining is possibly a banner and MVP, plus top player in conference by playing AA, but everyone has thier reason, she would still shine in AAA ball and personally I think she would become a better player staying with AAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halfhobbit

PostSubject: Re: top 10 AA Girls players   Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Coach 07 wrote:

Ya your about right, think that really though and this is just my personal opinion there are 3 top players in AA ball right now and that is Gillis, Goodine and Arsenault and everyone else is a level below them and there are many that fall in that catagory which you have mentioned and if they are played right they can be held and are not a threat...but gillis, goodine and arsenault will get their 25 + no matter what and then some. Think Brown and Wilson will get stronger and stronger as they grow and still have 2 years left. \and there are some on the \north east like williams and some from stanley that are up and coming as well...off SV aleisha gregory has always impressed me but again she can be controlled.

I agree with Gillis should still be playing AAA ball for her to continue to improve her skills, not much in the AA that will make her a better player, only thing I really see her gaining is possibly a banner and MVP, plus top player in conference by playing AA, but everyone has thier reason, she would still shine in AAA ball and personally I think she would become a better player staying with AAA.

There is no doubt that Gilliss would be a standout in AAA. Her going to Devon Park has nothing to do with Basketball and she should be commended for putting her education before basketball, that is a sign of a mature and bright girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: top 10 AA Girls players   Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:30 am

Coach 07 wrote:

Could she be a great player playing AAA or AA sure. What is she doing to get better on her own, with her coaches (school and club/provincial), and how much does she want to get better. I aggree that at this point AA basketball is not helping her skills, but that is not as much her problem as AA's. Shes doing the things it takes to be a winner, attending the school she can, and looking out for her future (on and off the court) the way her and her family see fit.

I think the big issue is not that she wouldn't be better playing AAA. I think the issue is a pervasive attitude in parts of NB (particularly in AA schools and weak AAA)that if someone is really good, or really strong, or their school has more people or anything at all interferes with their own school being successful doing whatever they are currently doing then it is somehow unfair or not right for them to play each other. "If we can't compete/win and have fun only doing what we want to do then the rules need to change to help us."

I understand that is a blanket statement and I know there are great people doing great things at schools of all sizes. Thanks to all of you who do the best you can, the right way all the time.

As someone who coaches kids from rural communities and urban communities, I see an increasily common attitude amongst players, fans and even some coaches that it is somehow a league responsibilty to create a place where people can compete equally, rather then putting responsibilty on the players to do whatever is required to compete at a higher level.

HOw about instead of players like Gillis needing to move up to find competition, players and communities take on the challenge of doing more to be able to play at that level so they and their whole team/league get better, rather then complaining when they can't achieve at a lower level then their opponents. Either the players are willing to do things in and out of season that you need to be good basketball players or their not.

Each school/community is unique but saying we should level the basketball and move teams/players around so that that teams and players who do less can succeed instead of losing to teams that do more. . . I"m not sure that is helpful. We are talking about competitive sports here, if you don't expect kids to do thigns required to compete then play exhibition, or intramurals, or let the kids play hoops on their X-box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: top 10 AA Girls players   Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:33 pm

I understand coach what you are stating and I do agree with you completly on bettering you players etc etc to what you have stated. I was just stating that she really isn't going to get the game skills that she could get in the AAA. The AA is really weak right now as a whole if you ask me, and I played with a team that had no real superstars but with excellent coaching and our players as a whole wanting to be competitive we were a hard team to beat, and have aikten titles to prove it. And though I don't coach anymore, when I did I taught my girls if they wanted something that they had to work hard to achieve that goal, and as well we achieved what we wanted.

But on Gillis I meant for it to be a general statement that really no one in this leaque of AA is near her ability...but your right that is not her fault, she is a driven player and I know for a fact works hard to better her self etc. with extra basketball drills etc.
As for her chosing to go to Devon for educational purposes like the comment before yours, that is good as well if that is why she chose, I've had a couple coaches tell me she switched so she could go to school with her boyfriend?? But I guess who cares on that issue, she is a teenager and they do what they do I guess.

Playoffs start this weekend so it will be interesting after to see where everyone is and I'm sure it will be discussed as usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: top 10 AA Girls players   Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:58 am

my picks
# 1. Gillis - does not matter what league she is in the girl can play !!!
# 2. Goodine - probably the hardest girl to guard in aa and I see she scored 29 against woodstock AAA so hard to guard in either league.
# 3. Arseneau - when she keeps her cool she is a force
# 4. Ouellette - Big , strong
# 5. Trecartin - best guard in the aa
# 6. Williams - The girl can shoot with the best of them
# 7. Brown - The youngest on my list
# 8. Bishop - Plays in a supporting role in D.P. but the girl can score
# 9. Upton - Very gritty guard and one of the reasons D.P is hard to beat
#10. Hooper - Good player on a young team
Honourable mention and in the bottom of this list on any given day are Gregory SV , Mcguire nackawic , both guards from rns , harrington DP and sillivan SV .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: top 10 AA Girls players   Today at 1:51 am

Back to top Go down

top 10 AA Girls players
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1