HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Buzz Truss vs. Colby Meier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeyb

PostSubject: Buzz Truss vs. Colby Meier   Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I am just curious how the 2 compare. Both guys completely dominated the grade 9 provincials in their respective years.

It's just good to see Truss go to the right program and not make the bad decision going to Kelowna Christian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ButteryFlow

PostSubject: Re: Buzz Truss vs. Colby Meier   Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Now, I've played basketball with both of these guys for a long time. One was a guy I looked up to
so much during my basketball days. He kind of took me under his wing and taught me how to work out,
he did shooting drills with me, and was a very successful basketball player.
The other kid I make fun of, destroy on Halo, and beat up quite regularly.
But then he dunks on me...and I have nothing to say

Saying Colby went to the "wrong" school isn't totally correct. He may have got less exposure playing at
a small school but basketball wasn't the only thing important to him. Colby was an awesome fit at Kelowna
Christian and in his mind he definitely made the RIGHT choice in schools. Besides, his team did awesome
winning two championships with him leading the way.

Anyways on to the comparison:

Based on grade 9 high school ball:

At this age Colby had better skill in:
Ball handling, perimeter defense, outside shooting, and play making abilities (Pretty much all the guard skills)

In other skills such as:
Rebounding, driving, and finishing. I believe Buzz keeps with or maybe even exceeds Colby at this age.

Buzz and Colby are blessed with great athleticism. Nice top speed, nice vertical leap and good basketball bodies, they
also both have a crazy work ethic. Always practicing, always wanting to get better.

These guys have very similar basketball resumes too going into their grade 10 year.
Their achievements match up very closely.

Looks like Colby inches out Buzz in this one. But who knows what can happen over the next couple years?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buzz Truss vs. Colby Meier
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1