HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deep South

PostSubject: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:20 pm

OKAY...Since there is not a junior section, here is a thread for AA junior basketball

Let it rip.....

Campo plays RNS and SSMS next week, Anyone got any news on them two teams??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deep South

PostSubject: McAdam and RNS   Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Anyone got any news on the McAdam and RNS junior teams? Haven't heard much talk on them except for the big win Fundy had on McAdam..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: McAdam Boys JV   Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 am

McAdam JV boys are winless in league play this year. Lost all our players to the senior team this year. Half our team are grade 8's , 2 grade 8's are starters, Jason Anderson (6'2") and Thomas Gallant (plays like he's 6'2"), only 1 grade 10 player. They are learning how to compete at the next level and are getting better every game!!! Our game yesterday trailed Grand Manan (on the island) 24 points at half time----came back to tie the game with 3 minutes left to play. Our inexperience in a close game plus the fact they were out of gas (worked their tail off on defence) cost us the game in the end...lost by 7...... 69-62. This is a team on the rise which should be intact for next season!!! JV WARRIORS won't be goose egged in the win column next year!!! 1 league game left vs. Campo, still a chance to getter done this year, but underdogs for sure....

RNS JV are a solid team, undefeated in league play. They did'nt have a senior team this year so the changed focus to their JV, even moved the senior coach down. They are mostly grade 10's and will have to move up next year. I don't know if they will even have a JV team next year???
They will be a tough team to beat at provincials!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:57 am

Once a Warrior... wrote:

RNS JV are a solid team, undefeated in league play. They did'nt have a senior team this year so the changed focus to their JV, even moved the senior coach down. They are mostly grade 10's and will have to move up next year. I don't know if they will even have a JV team next year???

RNS JV lost in Rothesay to Fundy JV 78-33 earlier this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:17 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
Once a Warrior... wrote:

RNS JV lost in Rothesay to Fundy JV 78-33 earlier this week.

I heard that RNS was missing their big man and they put their starters on the bench in the 3rd to have the fresh for HHS but FHS played a great game - maybe above their head!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:32 pm

20yearcoach wrote:

I heard that RNS was missing their big man and they put their starters on the bench in the 3rd to have the fresh for HHS but FHS played a great game - maybe above their head!?!?!?

I wasn't at the game so i can't really comment. From what I heard:
- I heard the big man was playing put didn't play well.
- RNS did bench the starters for a lot of 2nd half when it was apparent what the result was going to be and since they only needed to beat Harvey to clinch 1.
- It was the first game for FHS with all their 10th graders playing since Nov.
- Wide score difference had more to do with the depth on FHS bench compared to RNS bench over the last 12 minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 pm

It was the first game for FHS with all their 10th graders playing since Nov.

Why has FHS 10 Graders not been playing since Nov.?????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Once a Warrior... wrote:
It was the first game for FHS with all their 10th graders playing since Nov.

Why has FHS 10 Graders not been playing since Nov.?????

As it turns out the RNS big man was not playing at all, I got clarification.

THe 6 10's (other than the ones playing varsity) have been with the JV team all year but one missed from Nov - Jan with knee problems and another went down with w broken finger in early dec and played his first game back against RNS. They have 15 people on their roster but in RNS game (vs. a short handed RNS) had all their tens and their top 9's all in the lineup at the same time. For the first time since just after tryouts.

It looks like the AA Matchups will be:

RNS vs ESN - RNS by 20 if their big plays.
FHS vs. SVHS - Great game FHS by a couple of hoops.
GM vs. DP - GM easily since DP as some players out hurt.
HHS vs. SSHS - SSHS by 8-10.

Projected Semi's
RNS vs. GM
SSHS vs. Fundy

FInals????

Coin toss those semi's would all be great games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riverman93

PostSubject: Re: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Sugarloaf beat GMCS by 24pts in the Finals at SVHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller32

PostSubject: Re: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:40 pm

SSHS seem to be producing some good players! Their top three scorers and best 3 point shooters are all in grade 10 ( Fraser Barnaby who when heats up can shoot the lights out and Spencer Barnaby who is a strong guard who can slash and and also shoot the three! And by now we all know about their young star Patrick Macnaughton who is an awsome 3 point shooter, great driver, great court vision and a good defender as brandon moffit found out this weekend!) And not only has sugarloaf been tearing up varsity, but also j.v. They have 5 grade tens moving up to varsity next year. All with great potential. Fraser Barnaby will only get better so the rest of the AA league should watch out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.   Today at 4:59 pm

Back to top Go down

AA boys- Junior and Senior 2009-2010.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1