HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

This Weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:42 pm

any word on the games today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller MW8

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 pm

heard mcadam was up 3 at half but not suree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riverman93

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:19 pm

83-57 sugarloaf

Last edited by riverman93 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:21 pm

is that the final????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller MW8

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:22 pm

yes it is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:27 pm

I was expecting Sugarloaf to win but not by that much!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
new ball

PostSubject: well mr.once a warrior,your warriors just got defeated by the BRUINS.so i guess i'll book my seats at the AC for the whole family,and i'm sure others are going to do the same...way to go sugarloaf!!!!!!!   Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Once a Warrior... wrote:
Hey, I will tell ya right now this whole town is behind our WARRIORS and never count them out!!!!!!!!!!

They play the game with more Heart and Hustle any other team in this Province!!!!!!!!............Sugarloaf..............I know what what your thinking....WE got the next game easy......McAdam is no match for us.....Book my seat at the AC,........MOM get Grandma a ticket and take a picture......., I can't wait till the Aiken Centre!!!!!!!!!!! ....Bam.....Bam.....Hello............Wake Up..........Don't dream too long because the Underdog WARRIORS are poised and ready to shock "AA" Basketball......Sugarloaf is strong at home........ but maybe they grip the ball too long and miss more than usual and have no luck takin it inside....little ole McAdam beats Goliath and will surprise Y"all....Look out for Moffitt and Mc Gillicuddy to play best game of the year ..........Before the game even starts it's Sugarloaf 350-McAdam 140.................Nobody cares in Cambellton about the Bruins, while in McAdam the WARRIORS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:31 pm

devon park, Harvey results anyone????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller MW8

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Harvey is down by 20 going into the fourth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Webeballin

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:24 pm

So its Devon park and Sugarloaf going to the AC, I say it will be tight for first half, then Sugarloaf will dominate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlindAsABat

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Warriors played great and were up 3 at half but Bruins shot the lights out in the 3rd and finished the period up 20 and played smart ball after that. A well played game. Fans on both sides were great. Loved the drums! Great tournament, well run and well attended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Boa's post
"Just because sugarloaf beat us before doesn't mean anything, I love being underestimated, it makes winning that much sweeter."

So losing to MacAdam then Sugarloaf goin to the AC...how sweet is that??

HMMMM...Maybe Sugarloaf is a good team....maybe...they are better than you guys....just once ,say it...no excuses...SSHS is the better team...how sweet is that :-)

Just wait til next year when teams travel North and have to play DRHS and Sugarloaf....oooooohh baby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:24 pm

You know Once a Warrior I am all for sticking up for your team/school rah rah rah but there is a difference between supporting your team and spouting off like a total idiot. Your post was presumptious and ignorant. McAdam has always been known as a place that supports its teams but there are lots of other places in this province that do it just as intensely.
Quite frankly I believe you owe the good people of Campbellton an apology
And in what universe did Dalhousie (student population 310 and falling every year) become a giant.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 pm

What Maripac said lol

Sugarloaf is a better team than us, I've never stated that they weren't, obviously they are a better team than all other northeast and southwest teams, excluding devon park, but they'll have the chance to show they are on Saturday.
And warrior, u r not doin those boys any favors by running your mouth on here, I think u should change your name to once an a hole....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the sub

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:02 pm

who won the game RNS or TV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallNow

PostSubject: I agree.. SSHS has an awesome team.. They have obviously proved that they are the best so far this year... Anxious to see DP and SSHS compete against each other at the AC.. Should be good ..   Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:18 pm

[quote="Boas 98-02"]What Maripac said lol

Sugarloaf is a better team than us, I've never stated that they weren't, obviously they are a better team than all other northeast and southwest teams, excluding devon park, but they'll have the chance to show they are on Saturday.
And warrior, u r not doin those boys any favors by running your mouth on here, I think u should change your name to once an a hole....[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 pm

the sub wrote:
who won the game RNS or TV

TV won by 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
You know Once a Warrior I am all for sticking up for your team/school rah rah rah but there is a difference between supporting your team and spouting off like a total idiot. Your post was presumptious and ignorant. McAdam has always been known as a place that supports its teams but there are lots of other places in this province that do it just as intensely.
Quite frankly I believe you owe the good people of Campbellton an apology
And in what universe did Dalhousie (student population 310 and falling every year) become a giant.....
310 is not a very large school population unless you have 50 or 60 like some schools or 72 like McAdam. I for one will be glad when we go back to three divisions after next year. Yes you heard me, it will be going back. I realize this is a basketball post but the two division system has killed other sports. There is no longer any AA girls or boys JV soccer and this year no AA JV boys volleyball. If the division falls below eight teams for one year, just one, the division is eliminated. God help us if we have either JV basketball division falls below eight because they will be gone too. The only option after this is to go up to AAA. That's quite a stretch for those former A schools. The nbiaa is killing our feeder system for high school sports. When is someone going to finally do something to fix this?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the sub

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Well Said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the sub

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:40 pm

CAMPO has 143 kids from k to 12 talk about small
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey, I wasn't putting DRHS in a competition for smallest school or anything......
Just pointing out that a school with 310 kids can't be called a GIANT in this province by any standard.

I would also like to see NBIAA go back to the old system
of course if the enrolment keeps declining at the present rate, DRHS will be an A school when that happens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Great Basketball this weekend by everyone. I think the two deepest teams talent wise are in the AA final. In the AAA final you've got a rematch that could be as good as any game has been at the AUC in years. Both girls games could be very exciting too.

I'm not sure where I come down on this AA/AAA, A/AA/AAA issue. I personally go back and forth. I understand that is has really hurt schools in some places especially in terms of the their non basketball programs. Although I don't really understand how we always managed to have AA and A JV leagues but when you combine them we can't???

One issue is that if we go back to an old system, my concern would be that you aren't really going back. Your creating old divisions with more travel and competition issues for different schools then have those issues now, in a new era of rules and regulations. Old divisions with new rules? Who knows how that will fit?

Do you think Rothesay wants to have to travel to SVHS, Jojn Caldwell, etc to play? Or that it helps those developing schools to need to travel and play Rothesay? Two+ weekends a season, when they could find better competition locally for cheaper they would be required to go "waste?" those weekends. From a basketball perspective alone I'm not sure how programs not qualifying for the playoffs in AA now (Nackawic, JCHS,ESA) who are trying to build programs get helped going into a division with Woodstock, St. Stephen, Etc? I also know that it is important to keep sports traditions alive and growing in our small rural communities and that we do not want them to quit and drop out.

I do see both sides and the reality is that no matter which way you go schools somewhere are going to get caught in a squeeze. traditionally its been some schools and recently it has been different ones in different sports. Especially A schools that may have looked or participated in sports for a variety of reasons getting caught in leagues with larger schools that may treat a sport or event with more dedication then previously existed.

I do really think that once you get into the final 8 teams in these new leagues the qaulity of competition is much better year in year out then in the other divisions when you needed to get down to the top 2 or 4 before it really got as competitive. I also don't know that re-alignment back helps the bottom teams anymore then the current alignment does?

No easy answers? I don't even get a vote and I can't imagine the responsibilty to sport development and the future of high school sport in our province that people are going to need to take on the next time this is discussed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:42 am

My reply - Devon Park Girls. Devon Park Guys.

CoachDJR wrote:
Great Basketball this weekend by everyone. I think the two deepest teams talent wise are in the AA final. In the AAA final you've got a rematch that could be as good as any game has been at the AUC in years. Both girls games could be very exciting too.

I'm not sure where I come down on this AA/AAA, A/AA/AAA issue. I personally go back and forth. I understand that is has really hurt schools in some places especially in terms of the their non basketball programs. Although I don't really understand how we always managed to have AA and A JV leagues but when you combine them we can't???

One issue is that if we go back to an old system, my concern would be that you aren't really going back. Your creating old divisions with more travel and competition issues for different schools then have those issues now, in a new era of rules and regulations. Old divisions with new rules? Who knows how that will fit?

Do you think Rothesay wants to have to travel to SVHS, Jojn Caldwell, etc to play? Or that it helps those developing schools to need to travel and play Rothesay? Two+ weekends a season, when they could find better competition locally for cheaper they would be required to go "waste?" those weekends. From a basketball perspective alone I'm not sure how programs not qualifying for the playoffs in AA now (Nackawic, JCHS,ESA) who are trying to build programs get helped going into a division with Woodstock, St. Stephen, Etc? I also know that it is important to keep sports traditions alive and growing in our small rural communities and that we do not want them to quit and drop out.

I do see both sides and the reality is that no matter which way you go schools somewhere are going to get caught in a squeeze. traditionally its been some schools and recently it has been different ones in different sports. Especially A schools that may have looked or participated in sports for a variety of reasons getting caught in leagues with larger schools that may treat a sport or event with more dedication then previously existed.

I do really think that once you get into the final 8 teams in these new leagues the qaulity of competition is much better year in year out then in the other divisions when you needed to get down to the top 2 or 4 before it really got as competitive. I also don't know that re-alignment back helps the bottom teams anymore then the current alignment does?

No easy answers? I don't even get a vote and I can't imagine the responsibilty to sport development and the future of high school sport in our province that people are going to need to take on the next time this is discussed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:18 am

..the two tier , 3 tier , 4 tier debate is a contentious one and there are a lot of arguments on both sides of the issue.....a couple of things have been forgotten in the debate...
the decision to go to two tiers was made by Coaches / AD s of high schools in NB. Not by the the NBIAA exec , not by superintendents , not by AAA schools. The vote passes 41-38...that means that former A and AA schools wanted the change....it was not forced on us ...it was voted on by us legally and democratically......
I don't know why everyone is so upset with the "GIANTS- 300kids" like Dalhousie....they gave away two provincial banners (and not like their gym is full of them ) because they thought it was more important to challenge their athletes to be elite players than to win banners with little challenge. I don't think it is fair to insult them because they are going back to the division they are supposed to be in because of cost , travel and ability to compete.
MacAdam (Grand Manan , Petticodiac) have had powerhouses before , do you think they would ever put player development ahead of collecting banners...???
Warrior you've got school spirit , I'll give you that , but you are blaming the wrong folks on this two tier thing....and critcizing programs like SSHS's and DRHS's just because they are good is low and uncalled for. These schools are good becuase their kids work hard and practice and develop their skills . They work on their game in the off season and on their own time. There are lots of schools " Giants" that play AAA because of population that would not win a AA banner...criticizing schools for being good because of their size is misguided at best....schools are good because of their programs not because of their size...DRHS's success in AAA the last two years is proof of that....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:39 am

Very well said. My goal at JMA is to help produce good people first, good students second and good athletes third. Believe me, I like winning more than anyone. Our decision to go with the priorities we did, may have cost us a visit to the Aitken Center. It would have been much easier to toss out our principles and just play basketball. Until the last two weeks, we pretty much had someone suspended most games. I found it amusing that people thought we were going to get blown out by Sugarloaf and the surprise when we weren't. The reality is that was the team we were all, season. We just chose to put academics, attendance in class, promptness to class, attitude in class and being good citizens as our priorities. We can debate the tiers all we want. We can go to 10 tiers or we can go to 1. Nothing will change. With 10 tiers, someone will still not put in the time to develop their program. Move JMA to AAA and we will get our butts handed to us for a few years, but it will force us to get more creative, more committed and more knowledgeable. Much like we are still going to do, since we didn't reach all our goals this year.

obcnamtaf wrote:
..the two tier , 3 tier , 4 tier debate is a contentious one and there are a lot of arguments on both sides of the issue.....a couple of things have been forgotten in the debate...
the decision to go to two tiers was made by Coaches / AD s of high schools in NB. Not by the the NBIAA exec , not by superintendents , not by AAA schools. The vote passes 41-38...that means that former A and AA schools wanted the change....it was not forced on us ...it was voted on by us legally and democratically......
I don't know why everyone is so upset with the "GIANTS- 300kids" like Dalhousie....they gave away two provincial banners (and not like their gym is full of them ) because they thought it was more important to challenge their athletes to be elite players than to win banners with little challenge. I don't think it is fair to insult them because they are going back to the division they are supposed to be in because of cost , travel and ability to compete.
MacAdam (Grand Manan , Petticodiac) have had powerhouses before , do you think they would ever put player development ahead of collecting banners...???
Warrior you've got school spirit , I'll give you that , but you are blaming the wrong folks on this two tier thing....and critcizing programs like SSHS's and DRHS's just because they are good is low and uncalled for. These schools are good becuase their kids work hard and practice and develop their skills . They work on their game in the off season and on their own time. There are lots of schools " Giants" that play AAA because of population that would not win a AA banner...criticizing schools for being good because of their size is misguided at best....schools are good because of their programs not because of their size...DRHS's success in AAA the last two years is proof of that....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend   Today at 10:56 am

Back to top Go down

This Weekend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next