HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:49 pm

So in girls action, John Caldwell defeats Harvey by 7, puts Caledonia, Harvey and John Caldwell all very close. So far, nothing to adjust on the top 8 rankings on the girls side, will have to wait and see what the rest of the weekend brings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:51 am

Tobique Valley beat Hartland by 30. Might want to move them up a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:11 am

AA Fan wrote:
Tobique Valley beat Hartland by 30. Might want to move them up a bit.
I hadn't seen that score yet, the only TV score I had was by 11 over Nackawick, will see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Well, not a lot of head to head scores this week, a little movement on the girls side, gonna bump TV up a couple of spots based on their win over Hartland. I haven't seen the official score for that yet, but heard it on here that it happened. John Caldwell's defeat of Harvey, keeps the upper part of the girls standings pretty much on for now.
Campobello had some "misleading" scores, considering Tyler has been out for a couple of weeks. Again, not a lot of head to head scores to change things around. Comments?

Boys
------
1.Devon Park
2.Harvey
3.McAdam
4.Hartland
5.Campobello
6. John Caldwell
7. Grand Manan
8. Peticodiac

Girls
-----
1. Grand Manan
2. John Caldwell
3. Caledonia
4. Harvey
5. Stanley
6. Tobique
7. Hartland
8. Campobello
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Looks pretty accurate 39forever. For those interested, Harvey will be playing Devon Park this Saturday at around 4:15 at the Currie Centre. Should be a great game - #1 spot in the A power rankings on the line!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:43 am

Hartland plays Harvey in a double header tomorrow night in Harvey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopslover

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:21 pm

I think TV will be stronger than a lot of you think. They learned a lot last year joining up with the girls who won Aitken and from the coach. They have good size and shooting. They also recently came 2nd in a tournament with only 8 of their players, and beat Hartland by 30 missing two of their starting line up. Dont count them out of it just yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Harvey defeats Devon Park 91-69. Harrington benched late in the third when trailing by two, but Harvey looked like the stronger team throughout and had foul trouble themselves. Coupled with a 25 point win vs Hartland, Harvey may be the new team to beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 am

pg7 wrote:
Harvey defeats Devon Park 91-69. Harrington benched late in the third when trailing by two, but Harvey looked like the stronger team throughout and had foul trouble themselves. Coupled with a 25 point win vs Hartland, Harvey may be the new team to beat.

I have to agree....Harvey has the most overall talent. Their #15 kid really impresses me. The # 2 spot is really a crap shoot as you could put 1 of 4 teams in there at this point. JC , Hartland, DP and McAdam. Good bunch of teams in southwest A division this year!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Did moffitt get sick or hurt this weekend?? Didn't see his name very often on the scoresheet? Would have to say Harvey is number 1, Devon Park 2, but from there I haven't seen enough scores to go beyond, I would have to think McAdam will fall after this weekend though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:30 pm

So, a few more reults in, minor shuffling again, some big games coming up in the next few weeks. Here they are again.

Boys
------
1. Harvey
2 .Devon Park
3. McAdam
4. John Caldwell
5. Hartland
6. Grand Manan
7. Campobello
8. Peti

Girls
-----
1. Grand Manan
2. John Caldwell
3. Caledonia
4. Harvey
5. Tobique
6. Stanley
7. Hartland
8. Campobello

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defense14

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Did moffitt get sick or hurt this weekend?? Didn't see his name very often on the scoresheet? Would have to say Harvey is number 1, Devon Park 2, but from there I haven't seen enough scores to go beyond, I would have to think McAdam will fall after this weekend though.

sprained ankle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks for the info defense, figured as much, top scorer doesn't just fall off the scoresheet! Hopefully for McAdams sake he heals quickly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:59 pm

39forever wrote:
So, a few more reults in, minor shuffling again, some big games coming up in the next few weeks. Here they are again.

Boys
------
1. Harvey
2 .Devon Park
3. McAdam
4. John Caldwell
5. Hartland
6. Grand Manan
7. Campobello
8. Peti

Really ? what is your explanation to why gm is at 6th place ?? they are probably 2nd or third best to say the least they showed a more stronger performance than mcadam in the saint john tournament even when moffitt was active this is dumb . not to mention they have a nb team player who is at best or equivalent to moffitt

Girls
-----
1. Grand Manan
2. John Caldwell
3. Caledonia
4. Harvey
5. Tobique
6. Stanley
7. Hartland
8. Campobello

Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Grand Manan has a player equivalent to Moffit?
This made me laugh, good joke bud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 pm

[quote="CharlotteCountyBall"][quote="39forever"]So, a few more reults in, minor shuffling again, some big games coming up in the next few weeks. Here they are again.

Boys
------
1. Harvey
2 .Devon Park
3. McAdam
4. John Caldwell
5. Hartland
6. Grand Manan
7. Campobello
8. Peti

Really ? what is your explanation to why gm is at 6th place ?? they are probably 2nd or third best to say the least they showed a more stronger performance than mcadam in the saint john tournament even when moffitt was active this is dumb . not to mention they have a nb team player who is at best or equivalent to moffit
t

I expect Grand Manan to be in the top 4 and would probably put them ahead of JC or Hartland right now but to say that they have a player who is better than Moffit just because he played on a NB team is silly, hands down Moffitt is the best overall player in the league , the guy can score 40-60 points on any given night.

I'm looking forward to seeing Harvey and GM play this year!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:36 am

[quote="CharlotteCountyBall"][quote="39forever"]So, a few more reults in, minor shuffling again, some big games coming up in the next few weeks. Here they are again.

Boys
------
1. Harvey
2 .Devon Park
3. McAdam
4. John Caldwell
5. Hartland
6. Grand Manan
7. Campobello
8. Peti

Really ? what is your explanation to why gm is at 6th place ?? they are probably 2nd or third best to say the least they showed a more stronger performance than mcadam in the saint john tournament even when moffitt was active this is dumb . not to mention they have a nb team player who is at best or equivalent to moffitt

Listen buddy, I am as big a fan of GM as anybody, at the same time, a loss is a loss, whether it is by 5 or by 25. Gm hasn't beaten anybody yet, when they do, they will move up the rankings. Zach is a great player and can play with the best of them, but the team has to earn their ranking, not just have it given to them because they could be that good. They haven't beaten any of the teams above them in a few years. Let's see how they make out against DP this weekend, I hope you are right.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:47 pm

swballa wrote:
Grand Manan has a player equivalent to Moffit?
This made me laugh, good joke bud.

GM goes 6 players deep which is okay McAdam goes what maybe 2 , 3?? of course moffitt is going to put up big numbers . im not going to wage a war over this let this season play out and you'll see . Grand Manan hasnt been strong in the past 3 years i know critics may give them less of a look on the beginning of this season . I expect Harvey DP and Grand Manan to only be remotely championship contenders for this years 'A'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jumpshot1

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:43 pm

[quote="BeeBall4Lifee"]
[quote="CharlotteCountyBall"]
39forever wrote:

Boys
------
1. Harvey
2 .Devon Park
3. McAdam
4. John Caldwell
5. Hartland
6. Grand Manan
7. Campobello
8. Peti

Really ? what is your explanation to why gm is at 6th place ?? they are probably 2nd or third best to say the least they showed a more stronger performance than mcadam in the saint john tournament even when moffitt was active this is dumb . not to mention they have a nb team player who is at best or equivalent to moffit
t

I expect Grand Manan to be in the top 4 and would probably put them ahead of JC or Hartland right now but to say that they have a player who is better than Moffit just because he played on a NB team is silly, hands down Moffitt is the best overall player in the league , the guy can score 40-60 points on any given night.

I'm looking forward to seeing Harvey and GM play this year!!

Sure moffitt can put up some points. But does that really make him the best player in the league? Without much depth on a team, you need that one player who can put some points up on the board. He does well as a guard, and his height helps him dominate in the post, but that alone isn't necessarily the definition of "the best overall player in the league". You have to look at the smaller things. Assist, defense, playing smart. Points don't mean much in terms of a good player. Without a doubt hes a very good player, but saying hes the best in the league just seems like a little too much for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Mofit is the best player in A ball this year hands down. With that being said, McAdam is by far not the best team. They really only go 2 deep and despite many other opinions, Moffit could be held to 20-25pts quite easily with the correct defense. I think this year is 1 of the better in recents years as far as competition in A boys b-ball. DP plays Hartland tomorrow night....that may give us a better view on who stands where. I do think Harvey are a step above the rest at this point but are still very beatable. JC, Hart, DP, McAdam, GM are all fairly comparable at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:26 pm

celtic wrote:
Mofit is the best player in A ball this year hands down. With that being said, McAdam is by far not the best team. They really only go 2 deep and despite many other opinions, Moffit could be held to 20-25pts quite easily with the correct defense. I think this year is 1 of the better in recents years as far as competition in A boys b-ball. DP plays Hartland tomorrow night....that may give us a better view on who stands where. I do think Harvey are a step above the rest at this point but are still very beatable. JC, Hart, DP, McAdam, GM are all fairly comparable at this point.

I think this is a very reasonable analysis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:38 pm

celtic wrote:
Don't leave us hanging here...could you fill us in on this foolproof defense you speak of oh great basketball yoda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 pm

Rudas wrote:
celtic wrote:
Don't leave us hanging here...could you fill us in on this foolproof defense you speak of oh great basketball yoda.

I believe its a pre-game defense called the "Gillooly knee-fense".

Poor shooting nights, foul trouble and injuries will hold him to less then 30 in A games not any particular scheme. IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:35 am

Rudas wrote:
celtic wrote:

If you can't come up with a defense to limit a team that has 1 extrordinary shooter outside and 1 strong post player who basically only scores from 6' in, you maybe should be taking some coaches courses....BNB offers them fequently!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:57 am

Good to see there is actual basketball talk on here so far this year and not too much trash talk. As far as a defense to stop Moffit, box and one and double him in the paint, did that when I coached against him and he never scored over 20 either game.

Grand manan is definetly stronger than they have been in awhile, not sure they are top 3 yet, but until they play a strong A team and win I can't really put them top 3, I don't think Mcadam has beaten any strong competition yet either.

Exciting year ball, I hope to get out to a few more games before santa gets here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls   Today at 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Top 8 "A" Boys and Girls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next