HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 2011-2012 Weekly top 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HisAirness



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 am

So i have been trying to root through scores to try to put this together and it is harder than it looks but i would love to get the convo started so here is how my top 10 plays out.

Week Ending Nov 20th

1) Riverview (Strong showing at the Lions den beating FHS and KVHS)
2)FHS
3)KVHS
4)Sugarloaf(a few tough wins this year has put them up the list)
5)Saint John High(greatly under achieving)
6)Sussex (Winning the Rothesay High Tip-off on Huggards back)
7)Moncton High
8)Mathiu-Martin (a great showing at the BHS and Rothesay High Tourney's)
9)St. Mac's (played great ball at ProKids with a short beanch)
10)Devon Park(some great wins last weekend squeak them in here)

Teams to mention:
St Stephen maybe the 4th or 5th best team but 0-3 in the Rothesay Tip-off makes it hard to talk about them. They have one bodie out. A great player but they are deep and need to play through this.
Harvey Great weekend beating McAdam but got beat by Devon Park
Mcadam see above
Woodstock and Carlton North will find their way onto this list as they get a few more games under their belt Carlton north came second in the proKids with a loss to St.Macs that win puts them on this list.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:52 am

Just a quick tip, keep the classes seperate, u can't compare A to AAA, its easier to do them as 3 seperate classes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
no-zone-d



Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 am

HisAirness wrote:
So i have been trying to root through scores to try to put this together and it is harder than it looks but i would love to get the convo started so here is how my top 10 plays out.

Week Ending Nov 20th

1) Riverview (Strong showing at the Lions den beating FHS and KVHS)
2)FHS
3)KVHS
4)Sugarloaf(a few tough wins this year has put them up the list)
5)Saint John High(greatly under achieving)
6)Sussex (Winning the Rothesay High Tip-off on Huggards back)
7)Moncton High
8)Mathiu-Martin (a great showing at the BHS and Rothesay High Tourney's)
9)St. Mac's (played great ball at ProKids with a short beanch)
10)Devon Park(some great wins last weekend squeak them in here)

Teams to mention:
St Stephen maybe the 4th or 5th best team but 0-3 in the Rothesay Tip-off makes it hard to talk about them. They have one bodie out. A great player but they are deep and need to play through this.
Harvey Great weekend beating McAdam but got beat by Devon Park
Mcadam see above
Woodstock and Carlton North will find their way onto this list as they get a few more games under their belt Carlton north came second in the proKids with a loss to St.Macs that win puts them on this list.


Woodstock is a much stronger team that Mathieu-Martin as is James M. Hill. Moncton High needs to be ranked just below KVHS also. Also, where is Leo Hayes? Do you mean to honetsl tell me that you think all those teams are better than them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:58 am

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Just a quick tip, keep the classes seperate, u can't compare A to AAA, its easier to do them as 3 seperate classes.

See i was hoping to look at the best teams in NB high school basketball I think teams are playing in lots of tourneys that cross over and there will be teams like St. Stepen that when/if they hit there stride might be the 4th or 5th best. Pluse it lets breaker tell me how Grand Manan should be in the top 5 Wink week in and week out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach



Posts : 76
Join date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Is anyone doing a weekly girls top 10?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:10 pm

breakercoach wrote:
Is anyone doing a weekly girls top 10?

Is someone looking to be complimented?????? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MillRat



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:46 pm

no need to keep them in the same class at all!!! some AA school are better than AAA and some A schools are better than AA and some AAA. Good start to the top ten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 pm

no-zone-d wrote:
HisAirness wrote:
So i have been trying to root through scores to try to put this together and it is harder than it looks but i would love to get the convo started so here is how my top 10 plays out.

Week Ending Nov 20th

1) Riverview (Strong showing at the Lions den beating FHS and KVHS)
2)FHS
3)KVHS
4)Sugarloaf(a few tough wins this year has put them up the list)
5)Saint John High(greatly under achieving)
6)Sussex (Winning the Rothesay High Tip-off on Huggards back)
7)Moncton High
8)Mathiu-Martin (a great showing at the BHS and Rothesay High Tourney's)
9)St. Mac's (played great ball at ProKids with a short beanch)
10)Devon Park(some great wins last weekend squeak them in here)

Teams to mention:
St Stephen maybe the 4th or 5th best team but 0-3 in the Rothesay Tip-off makes it hard to talk about them. They have one bodie out. A great player but they are deep and need to play through this.
Harvey Great weekend beating McAdam but got beat by Devon Park
Mcadam see above
Woodstock and Carlton North will find their way onto this list as they get a few more games under their belt Carlton north came second in the proKids with a loss to St.Macs that win puts them on this list.


Woodstock is a much stronger team that Mathieu-Martin as is James M. Hill. Moncton High needs to be ranked just below KVHS also. Also, where is Leo Hayes? Do you mean to honetsl tell me that you think all those teams are better than them?


I agree Leo Hays should be in the mix. Other than a spanking they layed down on OHS i have not had a look at any other scores so it was hard to get them in this week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac



Posts : 250
Join date : 2009-11-24
Location : Moncton, NB

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:21 pm

breakercoach wrote:
Is anyone doing a weekly girls top 10?

I'll try and throw one together, this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
HisAirness



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Week Ending Nov 27th
1) Riverview -
2) FHS -
3) KVHS -
4) Moncton (here based on the early win over sussex) +3
5) Sussex (big win over SJHS this week) +1
6) Sugarloaf( Some teams picking up big wins this week drop them) -2
7) Woodstock (Leo Hayes win and some good ball early in the season) NR
Cool Mathiu-Martin (Still winning but not playing top opponents)
9) Leo Hayes ( still not above 500 but losing tough games to great teams) NR
10) St Stephen ( may be back on track with a convincing DP win) NR

Teams to be mentioned:
SJHS- Tons of talent not sure what is going on here should be way up on this list.
St. Mac’s Playing very well to date but can’t drop league games to Harbour View
Carlton North talented hard working club just not getting any info on their games or they dint play last week.
Rothesay wins RNS tourney with Beck on the bench all weekend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Don't see any Single A teams?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Don't see any Single A teams?

correct last time they were all together RHS tip off Devon park had the best run beating Harvey then Harvey beating McAdam. The 88-55 St Stephen win put them in DP spot . Its not a science by any means but gotta go by the games played
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Weekly Top 10   Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:38 am

1) Riverview - Beat FHS
2) FHS
3) KVHS
4) St. Stephen - hitting stride - by far the best AA team when healthy - this year and next
5) Moncton High High - beat Sussex?
6) Sussex
7) Sugarloaf(a few tough wins this year has put them up the list)
Cool Moncton High
9) Mathiu-Martin
10a) Woodstock High
10b) Devon Park

Honourable Mention:
Saint John High - huge underachievers right now
Harvey / McAdam
Carleton North - will challenge AA before it is over
Back to top Go down
View user profile
no-zone-d



Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 am

Common Sense wrote:
1) Riverview - Beat FHS
2) FHS
3) KVHS
4) St. Stephen - hitting stride - by far the best AA team when healthy - this year and next
5) Moncton High High - beat Sussex?
6) Sussex
7) Sugarloaf(a few tough wins this year has put them up the list)
Cool Moncton High
9) Mathiu-Martin
10a) Woodstock High
10b) Devon Park

Honourable Mention:
Saint John High - huge underachievers right now
Harvey / McAdam
Carleton North - will challenge AA before it is over

James M. Hill and Bathurst High both beat Harvey at the Valhalla tourney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess



Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 pm

1) Riverview- Probably the strongest team in nb right now.
2)KVHS- Probably the most talented team but not working at their best right now.
3)FHS- Strong as always, will be a force towards the end of the year.
4) Sugarloaf- Strong wins over moncton high and woodstock. Still undefeated.
5) Moncton high- big wins over sussex.
6)Sussex- Starting to come on strong.
7) Woodstock- played some tough games.
Cool Mathieu-Martin- chance to move up if they can defeat sugarloaf in the dalhousie tournament.
9) st.stephen- Maybe under acheiving, have only seen some scores. none the less impressive win over Dp.
10) Devon park- The best A team by far, pretty sure they even got a win over sussex?

Honourable Mentions-
Leo Hayes
St.John high
James M Hill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shootinemout



Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Watch out for St. Stephen. They'll be at the top faster than they can get down the court. (Which is really, really fast...)

But seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess



Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Shootinemout wrote:
Watch out for St. Stephen. They'll be at the top faster than they can get down the court. (Which is really, really fast...)

But seriously.

I guess their speed didnt help them in their 67-36 lost to woodstock. LOL so obviously not the best team in AA..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:27 pm

princess wrote:
Shootinemout wrote:
Watch out for St. Stephen. They'll be at the top faster than they can get down the court. (Which is really, really fast...)

But seriously.

I guess their speed didnt help them in their 67-36 lost to woodstock. LOL so obviously not the best team in AA..

A fluke. I heard they shot the ball terribly. They are NOT 30 points worse than Woodstock. I still think they will be there at the end ...versus the Sugarloaf Bruins.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachjack



Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Any weekly top ten for 'A' girls?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilJaxsun



Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:21 am

St.Stephen appears to be getting a lot of the hype, losing 0-3 at Rothesay, 31-point loss to woodstock (of course it was a fluke though when the other team's defense can hold a good team to a poor shooting game and out running them keeping them to 36).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Anyone no all the teams and divisions/schedule for the Thunder Valley Classic this year. Website appears to be down?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Low Hops



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:56 am

My Top 10

1. KV
2. Riverview
3. FHS
4. Sugarloaf
5. Woodstock
6. Moncton
7. Sussex
8. St.Stephen
9. Carlton north
10. Mathieu Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Low Hops wrote:
My Top 10

1. KV
2. Riverview
3. FHS
4. Sugarloaf
5. Woodstock
6. Moncton
7. Sussex
8. St.Stephen
9. Carlton north
10. Mathieu Martin

St Stephen beat Woodstock twice at the Ganong this weekend and established them as the team to beat in AA again!!! Moncton almost beat Riverview too...

1. Riverview
2. FHS
3. KVHS
4. Moncton
5. St. Stephen
6. Sugarloaf
7. Sussex
8. Harrison Trimble
9. Mathieu Martin
10a. Woodstock
10b. Leo Hayes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Low Hops



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: I still wouldn't put Sugarloaf beneath St.Stephen. Heard they are undefeated still and won a few good games as well as blowing out teams by a margin of at least 30-40. Woodstock shouldnt be above 7 or even 6.   Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Low Hops wrote:
My Top 10

1. KV
2. Riverview
3. FHS
4. Sugarloaf
5. Woodstock
6. Moncton
7. Sussex
8. St.Stephen
9. Carlton north
10. Mathieu Martin

St Stephen beat Woodstock twice at the Ganong this weekend and established them as the team to beat in AA again!!! Moncton almost beat Riverview too...

1. Riverview
2. FHS
3. KVHS
4. Moncton
5. St. Stephen
6. Sugarloaf
7. Sussex
8. Harrison Trimble
9. Mathieu Martin
10a. Woodstock
10b. Leo Hayes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie



Posts : 93
Join date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:25 pm

I dont see HTHS being that high in standings. JMH beat them on Wednesday night 90-72
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2011-2012 Weekly top 10    Today at 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down
 
2011-2012 Weekly top 10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2011-2012 Season
» 2011-2012 Boys predictions A,AA,AAA
» 2011-2012 Girls Predictions.....
» OFSSA AAAA BOYS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TO BE HOSTED IN OTTAWA 2011-2012
» May TopGear Car Pack

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: