HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BCBaller24

PostSubject: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Who are the top 15 in BC for JV?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenWheels

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:07 pm

I know that many of the best players that are grade 10 are playing Sr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:46 am

Top 15 Gr. 10's
I think the top 6 I have listed n Gr.1o are playing for their Sr. squads if I'm mistaken please feel free to correct me.

1. Tristan Etienne (Mouat) - playing Sr
2. Jadon Cohee (Grove) - playing Sr
3. Noma Obaseki (Kitsilano) - playing Sr
4. Buzz Truss (Kelowna) - playing Sr
5. Sukhjot Bains (Tammy) - playing Sr
6. Corey Huack (Mouat) - playing Sr
7. Denver Sparks Guest (Gleneagle)
8. Will Latu (VC)
9. Brenden Bailey G Byrne Creek
10. Adam Karmali (Handsworth)
11. Martin Bogajev (Burnaby South)
12. Elijah Campbell Axon (VC)
13. Mindy Minhas (Churchill)
14. Jaycee Pineda (Bubrnaby South)
15. Hamza Khan (PM)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
Top 15 Gr. 10's
I think the top 6 I have listed n Gr.1o are playing for their Sr. squads if I'm mistaken please feel free to correct me.

8. Will Latu (VC)
15. Hamza Khan (PM)

I do not think Will Latu or Elijah Cambell Axon are playing Sr., but someone at VC may be able to confirm that. I think Mindy may be playing Sr. (he should). I trust your list is in no particular order and is not comprehensive (I think Drew Urqhart would be a top five player on this list)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Yes thanks for reminding me about Drew, he should be lethal this year an exciting addition to a promising St Georges JV squad that should make some noise come Provincials this year.

So Mark, do you know what other players beside Drew mite push St Georges over the top? How's your boy Ethans game coming along?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Yes thanks for reminding me about Drew, he should be lethal this year an exciting addition to a promising St Georges JV squad that should make some noise come Provincials this year.

So Mark, do you know what other players beside Drew mite push St Georges over the top? How's your boy Ethans game coming along?

Ethan played with the U15 BBC regional team this summer that lost in the finals that was basically the VC gr 9 team, so I know their players pretty well. VC has a lot of good players and they play hard. Will and Elijah will be tough as they play yr round and have excellent skills. Most of the Saints kids play yr round, so I think they will challenge VC and will be better than last year. Saints lost Noah as he moved to England, but they have gained Ethan and Derek Safnuk (a gr 9 and 6'4") who starts on the Drive U15 team and has really improved. Drew is the difference maker on this team (he might well have been able to start on the Sr team, but it is loaded with gr 12s....). He is skilled and a long 6'6", but he is more of a perimeter player. I think games between VC and Saints will be determined by matchups. VC has no one who can matchup with Drew and Saints has no one who can match up on the inside with Will. I have watched some Saints Jr practices and they are good - not sure how good. It will be fun to watch.

BTW Mindy is playing Sr. and is starting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Good to hear. Mindy should give Churchill some good size and skill he has the frame to be able to bang with the Sr's so he should be a good fit for them starting.

I know Will Latu will be a beast for VC this year saw him practice during CP sessions this yr and he looks strong as ever, and he will be real hard to guard for anyone playing JV this year.

And you are right regarding Drew, he is a real difference maker out there, at times he can be ungaurdable and a real force on the offensive end, he can put up 10 points in a blink of an eye, will be another exciting year for JV ball in BC this year too bad the likes of cohee and etienne playing Sr. as they would be dominant at the JV level and fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:46 pm

The CP program is solid and would have been great for Ethan, but it is simply too far to drive given his school commitments and the training available at school. He is able to train with Aaron at Allball using Vertimax alongside Elijah from VC. Club training is also 10 mins away versus a 2 hour return drive. It would be great if there was also a CP training program in the city... But I am sure it is a resource issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Karmali is playing SR for Handsworth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCBaller24

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Top 15 Gr. 10's

8. Will Latu (VC)
15. Hamza Khan (PM)

I disagree, Noma and Sukhjot shouldn't been in the top 5 and matthew chow should be be in their and same with varun kumar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballfan1

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Who is going to benefit the most from playing up this year and who will have more of an impact on their team?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
r-macbball

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:32 am

Couple more guys that should have a good year at the jv level:

N. Haglund & T. Turrenne (elphinstone)
D. Obranovic (south)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geddy

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:35 pm

I don't know his first or last name, but WRCA has a 6'11" centre with nice hands and is coordinated. His family ties are from the U.S. and he comes from a basketball family. You can't teach big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:25 pm

basketballfan1 wrote:
Who is going to benefit the most from playing up this year and who will have more of an impact on their team?

I think Jadon Cohee will have a real impact playing PG for Grove this yr. He is an incredible athlete who can shoot, drive and dish. He can certainly play at the Sr. level and shouldn't have a problem getting points up, the biggest adjustment for him will be the physicality of the post players when driving to the hoop but he has an excellent ability to finish at the basket with contact. We will see, he could help lead a strong Grove team to Provincials this year and the next two after.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Mike

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:35 am

Walnut Grove juniors and Seniors won tonight over Gleneagle in front of a big home crowd. Juniors represented well by Varun Kumar and Lucas Hodgson. Grade 10s Jadon Cohee and Denver Sparks-Guests played solidly for their respective teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c-lo

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:32 am

Top 15 Gr. 10's

8. Will Latu (VC)
15. Hamza Khan (PM)

Jalen Jana is playing Senior ball for St. Thomas More. He's been back for just one week due to their championship run in JV football.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:52 pm

c-lo wrote:
Top 15 Gr. 10's

8. Will Latu (VC)
15. Hamza Khan (PM)

Jalen Jana is playing Senior ball for St. Thomas More. He's been back for just one week due to their championship run in JV football.

The new addition of number 12(dont know his name) on the Tamaniws JV squad should have a big year. Team looks quite deep, look for them to make some noise in the valleys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach_E2L

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Tammanawis will do good this year but without Sukjhot Bains their team looks a little thin. I saw them play in some club tournaments late November (with Hamza) and their frontcourt looked weak. Teams like Gleneagle or Pitt have a better chance of beating them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:33 am

Coach_E2L wrote:
Tammanawis will do good this year but without Sukjhot Bains their team looks a little thin. I saw them play in some club tournaments late November (with Hamza) and their frontcourt looked weak. Teams like Gleneagle or Pitt have a better chance of beating them

I do agree that this squad doesn't have a big man but they defiantly have the speed to beat any team up the court. Its going to hurt them not having a permanent post who they could feed it into when the guards get double teamed, and by the way my son told me tamaniwis beat burnaby south some time late November
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?   Today at 7:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Who are the top 15 grade 10 players playing JV?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1