HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fox beats VC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Fox beats VC   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:41 am

Fox just beat VC by 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Fox beats VC   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:08 am

JrCoachS wrote:
Fox just beat VC by 10.

Wow.. Big upset in my mind, looks like I severely underestimated the Terry Fox Sr team, so any word on what happened in the game?
Also what players does Fox have I'm not too familiar with their team this yr.

One of the first games of the high school yr and an early upset already should be the start of an exciting season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Fox beats VC   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:12 am

Congrats to Fox! Big win against a team many considered to be the best or second best in the province.

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
JrCoachS wrote:
Fox just beat VC by 10.

Wow.. Big upset in my mind, looks like I severely underestimated the Terry Fox Sr team, so any word on what happened in the game?
Also what players does Fox have I'm not too familiar with their team this yr.

One of the first games of the high school yr and an early upset already should be the start of an exciting season.

Not too familiar with the squad myself but I do believe they have Ryan Sclater who is a very good player.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Fox v van College   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:20 am

Sclater is one of the key guys for sure. Fox has a lot of depth and I think that was a big reason why they won. Fox definitely had more quality depth than Van College.

Some of Fox's player got into foul trouble but they didn't miss a beat.

A lot of College's offense revolved around Penman and Khan, who both had off games. Soloman is a very good point guard who could a very good offensive star.

Should be interesting as Fox is scehduled to play Kelowna on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somecoach

PostSubject: Re: Fox beats VC   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 am

Wow, what a terrific victory for Fox. I think one thing that can not be overlooked is how terrific Steve Hanson is as a coach. He has done a terrific job at the junior level for the last couple of years and it is great to see him off to a nice start at the senior level. From the sounds of it, he has all of his players buying into the same goal and its paying off. I heard that Soloman played unreal but Penman was a bit selfish settling for unnecessary shots.

Other than Sclater and Trevor, who else does Fox have? Who are their guards?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fox beats VC   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:32 am

JrCoachS wrote:
Fox just beat VC by 10.

watched the game tonight anf Fox spotted college a 12 - 0 lead before they got going..New coach this year Steve Hansen has worked this team very hard.Fox is very deep led by Ryan Sclater 6 ft 6 who is a top 10 player but really doesnt get much credit as he is more of a volleyball player.power Forward 6ft 5 Trevor Casey ( grade 11) very strong physical presence, Kaleb groenweld( grade 12 ) small forward who is a good defender, Shooting Guard Tanner Moss( grade 12 ) 6ft 4 very strong shooter from outside , good passer, point guard alex Nesterenko( grade 12) 6ft 1 very quick good defender.

Fox is very deep as they can get good minutes from about 10 boys and only lost 3 players from last years team that finished third.They also have a 6ft 10 290 pound big that has some skills and is starting to get into the mix

What i have heard is that this team is much closer than last years team and they feel that they will surprise some teams this year

But maybe now with this win they wont be such a surprise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox beats VC   Today at 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Fox beats VC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1