HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Coach Mike

PostSubject: Game Results   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:48 am

Walnut Grove Seniors won tonight over Gleneagle by 33 in front of a big home crowd. WGSS playing in Enver Creek tourney this week and are hosting Kelowna on Friday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Mouat score   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Coach Mike wrote:
Walnut Grove Seniors won tonight over Gleneagle by 33 in front of a big home crowd. WGSS playing in Enver Creek tourney this week and are hosting Kelowna on Friday.

Mouat beat Sardis by 35. Mouat playing without three starters. They rotated three lines all night... threy have a lot depth. Jessy Coy play really well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Saints defeated Tamanawis 70 - 65 OT. Deklan Chung missed most of the 4th quarter due to back spasm. Tammy's hot hands dumping 3s on Saints last minutes to tie the game. Turn overs caused Tammy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: WRCA beats Saints   Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:53 am

Saints Srs lose 75-60 to WRCA. WRCA came out hot and drilled a load of threes to go up 27-6 at the end of 1st. Game over....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:21 am

WRCA looks good out of the gate with wins over Mouat and Saints. And I'm sure it was a little more than just hot shooting that got them a win over Saints. 6 points total at the end of any quarter will lose you a game regardless of how many 3's the other team makes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:27 pm

cj35 wrote:
WRCA looks good out of the gate with wins over Mouat and Saints. And I'm sure it was a little more than just hot shooting that got them a win over Saints. 6 points total at the end of any quarter will lose you a game regardless of how many 3's the other team makes.

It was definitely more than just hot shooting on WRCA's part that won the game. I only watched until half-time, but WRCA dominated most aspects of what I saw. Saints will have to pick it up to compete with WRCA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:11 pm

I agree with you CJ35. The problem with the Saints team is they don’t have any go-to or star players. There’s no fire power in this team. At least last year they have Cornel Alexiu that did most of the damages in the paint. They are too defensive oriented. Even though ‘Defense Wins Championships’ it’s hard to win games with 6 points in a quarter unless you can limit the other team to only 5 points!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
I agree with you CJ35. The problem with the Saints team is they don’t have any go-to or star players. There’s no fire power in this team. At least last year they have Cornel Alexiu that did most of the damages in the paint. They are too defensive oriented. Even though ‘Defense Wins Championships’ it’s hard to win games with 6 points in a quarter unless you can limit the other team to only 5 points!

Isn't Deklan Chung on that team? I've seen him absolutely take over games at points, other times he isn't very assertive though. He has pretty big time star potential in my mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:29 pm

okanaganbball wrote:
Lefon Jang wrote:

Isn't Deklan Chung on that team? I've seen him absolutely take over games at points, other times he isn't very assertive though. He has pretty big time star potential in my mind.

Good point. Deklan did not start and seemed somewhat limited by a bad back. I understand he did not finish the previous game because of that. Having said that, he would have had to have been healthy and ON for Saints to have won that game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:34 pm

It's very early in the year. I'm sure Saints will be just fine and have some very exciting league matches with VC as usual. Different teams are in different preparation stages at this time of year. Some teams peak in March, some in December.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:14 pm

cj35 wrote:

WRCA, did look strong against Mouat and eventually won the game . But you have to remember Mouat, was without three of their starters, Tristen, Cam, David Park. Also in a bizarre coaching move... The starting line up for Mouat was pulled one minute and twenty five seconds into the final quarter and benched. They were down only by eight points. The second and third line finished the game. Mouat played three lines the entire game, where as WRCA stayed with their starters late into the contest. Mouat coaching staff, will not tolerate UN Discipline play. This will bode well later on in the season. Look for Mouat to be very strong team late in the season. They also play their entire bench in all games. This team has an experienced coaching staff and they know what it takes to win when it counts the most!
They beat Notre dame yesterday by thirty (tournament play). Again the entire bench played
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:43 pm

I see that Kits beat Brookswood last night. Is Noma eligible to play there after tranferring or is he sitting? How did Holden look after one year of sitting on the bench?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walnutfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Walnut grove beat Kelowna owls today by a margin of 21 pts. Final score 69-48.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:18 pm

BB fanatic wrote:
Mouat played three lines the entire game, where as WRCA stayed with their starters late into the contest. Mouat coaching staff, will not tolerate UN Discipline play.

What do you mean by UN Discipline play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Walnutfan wrote:

Oh man wish I couldve seen the game but the 2pm start was just too early for me.

So any details on the game? Did Bunce and Goodwin play? How did Truss look?
Looks like Walnut Grove will be moving into the top 10 with a win over #1 team, Grove will be a beast on the court this year, how'd Jadon play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geddy

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:42 am

Fun reading on this board. WRCA does not seem to get much respect. Mouat would beat them if they had their full team. St. George's would beat them if Deklun is on. I love the underdogs, and wrca has year in and year out been the underdog in BC basketball. Coaching there must be really, really good.

I bet they have the most successful program over the last 10-12 years in BC, and have moved a lot of players to CIS / NCAA Div 1 schools (
Chad Clifford, Kyle Wilson, Tyrell Mara, etc). Don't hear much about their current players as they don't do DRIVE so don't get any hype. I have heard they have 3 starters as well that are out and battling injuries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walnutfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:57 am

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
Walnutfan wrote:

Oh man wish I couldve seen the game but the 2pm start was just too early for me.

So any details on the game? Did Bunce and Goodwin play? How did Truss look?
Looks like Walnut Grove will be moving into the top 10 with a win over #1 team, Grove will be a beast on the court this year, how'd Jadon play?

Kelowna was missing Goodwin and Truss and Walnut grove missing Paul getz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
b_master

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:31 am

VC beat South by a few points tonight. South looked good but lost the game in the last minute. Nick Irvine
was dominating the boards. VC stuck to 6 player rotation pretty much the whole game and their key
players looked really exhausted by the end of the game. VC definitely has a depth problem and will
have hard time competing against deep teams like WRCA, St. George's, Mouat, Fox.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:51 am

Geddy wrote:
Fun reading on this board. WRCA does not seem to get much respect. Mouat would beat them if they had their full team. St. George's would beat them if Deklun is on. I love the underdogs, and wrca has year in and year out been the underdog in BC basketball. Coaching there must be really, really good.

I bet they have the most successful program over the last 10-12 years in BC, and have moved a lot of players to CIS / NCAA Div 1 schools (
Chad Clifford, Kyle Wilson, Tyrell Mara, etc). Don't hear much about their current players as they don't do DRIVE so don't get any hype. I have heard they have 3 starters as well that are out and battling injuries.

Please show me where anyone said if St. George's had Deklan they would have won? It was stated if Deklan was fully healthy and completely on his game all night Saints would still have tough time winning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Full season results as posted on HoopLife   Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:00 am

Gonna do like Sportvictoria does on his site and post all scores by date constantly on this post. Will just keep editing throughout the season.

November 28 - December 4, 2011

Walnut Grove over Gleneagle by 33
WJ Mouat over Sardis by 35
St. George's 70 - Tamanawis 65
WRCA 75 - St. George's 60
WJ Mouat over Notre Dame by 30
Kitsilano over Brookswood
Walnut Grove 69 - Kelowna 48

EDIT: eff it, way too many games to do this all season.

Last edited by okanaganbball on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bulls23

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:40 am

King George (aa) 61 vs. Van College 70
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenWheels

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Even with Deklan having a good game I don't think he wouldve changed the outcome of the game, they still would have lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: score   Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Mouat beat Pinetree by +25 (in Tourney play)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Fox/Kelowna   Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Terry Fox 68 - Kelowna 56

Fox was without Nicol and Rattich. Kelowna was without Goodwin and Truss (volleyball)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:58 pm

GoldenWheels wrote:
Even with Deklan having a good game I don't think he wouldve changed the outcome of the game, they still would have lost.

I agree. Saints were entirely outplayed. They will have to get working if they expect to beat WRCA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Results   Today at 9:03 am

Back to top Go down

Game Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next