HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 10 Girls Teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
39forever

PostSubject: Top 10 Girls Teams   Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Thought I would do a top 10 girls teams in NB, to go along with the Top 10 Boys teams done by HisAirness already. I am much more familiar with the A and AA schools than I am with the AAA schools, being from a small town myself. I will give it a shot, give me your input. It will straighten itself out over the next few weeks.

1. Riverview
2. KV
3. FHS
4. Rothesay
5. St Mac's
6. Berneice McNaughton
7. Leo Hayes
8. Woodstock
9. RNS
10. Sussex

Other teams of mention that could appear in the top 10 could be Carleton North, Grand Manan and Southern Vic. A lot of tournaments coming up with interlocking schedules, could shake things up a bit. To me, any of the teams from 4-10 could interchange at any time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:47 am

I think right now you would have to go:

1. FHS
2. Riverview
3. BMHS
4. KVHS
5. Woodstock
6. LHHS
7. Sussex
8. Rothesay
9. St. Macs
10. RNS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:49 am

I can't argue Coach, no major complaints.\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:42 pm

1. FHS
2. Riverview
3. WHS
4. Rothesay
5. BMHS
6. St. Macs
7. KVHS
8. LHHS
9. Sussex
10. Tantramar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Here's some more chaos and confusion for the girls side of the draw.

Woodstock loses to Tantramar in a 40-27 game that I'm hoping the for fans sake wasn't as ugly as the score would indicate. Rothesay lost to Woodstock last weekend. Does this mean that the 40 point drubbing Rothesay put on Tantramar early in the year is now wiped out?

Looking more like RHS vs Tantramar in the AA girls final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Tantramar splits with Woodstock at Potato Barrell.

Rothesay wins their home tournament.

1. FHS
2. Riverview
3. WHS
4. RHS
5. TRHS
6. BMHS
7. LHHS
8. KVHS
9. St. Macs
10 . Sussex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:46 pm

CoachDJR wrote:

Woodstock loses to Tantramar in a 40-27 game that I'm hoping the for fans sake wasn't as ugly as the score would indicate. Rothesay lost to Woodstock last weekend. Does this mean that the 40 point drubbing Rothesay put on Tantramar early in the year is now wiped out?

I heard in the first Tantramar vs WHS game, the WHS coach quit on the team and embarrassed herself and most of her players....Apparently WHS is without their best player for a while too. WHS did win the rematch easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Common Sense wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

I heard in the first Tantramar vs WHS game, the WHS coach quit on the team and embarrassed herself and most of her players....Apparently WHS is without their best player for a while too. WHS did win the rematch easily.

I'm not a big fan of "I heards". Especially when it involves someones reputation. Also, what exactly does that mean she "quit" on her team? She left the gym, she left the building?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Coachmac wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

I'm not a big fan of "I heards". Especially when it involves someones reputation. Also, what exactly does that mean she "quit" on her team? She left the gym, she left the building?

Okay, they were down 10 or 12 or something like that early in the 3rd quarter and she started to go five in five out....that alone is fine. But she subsitituted all five players every single time any one of them made any type of mistake. She ended up substituting all five players every 30 seconds to a minute. What would you call it Coachmac?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

Okay, they were down 10 or 12 or something like that early in the 3rd quarter and she started to go five in five out....that alone is fine. But she subsitituted all five players every single time any one of them made any type of mistake. She ended up substituting all five players every 30 seconds to a minute. What would you call it Coachmac?

I have no idea what you would call it. I don't think I would go with quitting on her team. She obviously was trying to make some sort of point to them. You also said they won the rematch easily. Maybe it worked.
Back to top Go down
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Coachmac wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

I have no idea what you would call it. I don't think I would go with quitting on her team. She obviously was trying to make some sort of point to them. You also said they won the rematch easily. Maybe it worked.

So you stop coaching and try and show a bunch of high school players it must be their fault by pulling them off every time they make a mistake? Is that coaching at all? I can guarantee the players did not learn one thing from it - they were embarrased as anyone would be. Try and explain to me one thing that a player learns from that. They won the rematch because they are 30 points bettet than Tantramar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

So you stop coaching and try and show a bunch of high school players it must be their fault by pulling them off every time they make a mistake? Is that coaching at all? I can guarantee the players did not learn one thing from it - they were embarrased as anyone would be. Try and explain to me one thing that a player learns from that. They won the rematch because they are 30 points bettet than Tantramar.

As I said, I have no idea what she was thinking. I wasn't in her head. Nor, was I there.
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:34 pm

In non-coaching news. Riverview and Fredericton split this weekend with FHS winning the round robin game comfortably. Riverview wins the final by a bucket.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:

well i WAS there at the pbc- Woodstock is not 30 pts better than Tantramar, not by a long shot. Tantramar was there the first half- tied at 29, then Woodstock scored alot in the third to break it open thanks to "three's" that found their way in the hoop, and Tantramar couldn't get anything to fall, it happens on both sides, you have good games, and then bad games. I don't think we get a clear picture because of the Christmas break because teams aren't even practicing, let alone playing for close to 3 weeks. Carleton North, St Steven and South Vic were the other teams on the female side.
And as far as the coach "quitting" on her team, the 5 in and 5 out was the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game, when she knew they weren't going to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer04

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:17 pm

i believe RHS should be in first considering they beat FHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Girls Teams   Today at 9:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Girls Teams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top