HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 am

With only one more league game to be played by most (All Saints has two) the playoff matchups are starting to take shape. Just to clarify, the top six teams from each division make the playoffs with the top two teams in each division getting byes in the first round. It will then be an immediate cross over with 3 east playing 6 west, 4 east playing 5 west, 5 east playing 4 west, and 6 east playing 3 west. Teams are not reseeded after the first round so 1 east will play the winner of 4 west/5 east and 2 east will play the winner of 3 west 6 east. Currently the seeds are as follows but may change with the final games (great competition!).

East

1. St. Pat
2. CB
3. St. Matts
4. Hillcrest
5. Nepean
6. Glebe

West

1. SRB
2. St. Joes
3. SH
4 Bell
5. St. Pius
6. Earl

In the west, Earl plays All Saints Friday and if All Saints win, there will be a 3 way tie for fifth unless Pius beats St. Matts. Bell, SH, and St. Joes are all currently tied so their order could change too. In the east, CB has a tough matchup with Bell in their last game and would need to win and St. Pats lose to All Saints for CB to get first. St. Matts is locked in at 3, Hillcrest at 4, and Nepean at 5. If SWL can beat St. Joes, they will have a play in game with Glebe for the 6th spot. Playoffs start next Thursday (first round), following Tuesday (1/4 finals), then Thursday (1/2 finals) and the championship will be the following Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm



Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:32 pm

On the east side St.Pat, CB, and St. mat should win their games.
East
1. St. Pat 8-2
2. CB 8-2
3. St. Matts 7-3
4. Hillcrest 5-5
5. Nepean 5-5
6. Glebe 2-8

Most proly SRB, SH, St.Joe, Earl win their last games.
West
1. SRB 10-0
2. SH 7-3
3. St. Joes 7-3
4 Bell 6-4
5. Earl 4-6
6. St. Pius 3-7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Anyone know who won the Earl / All Saints game Friday? It is not posted on Fatdog. Last regular season games on Monday. Should be some interesting turn of events to get us rolling into the playoffs this week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout1



Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:52 pm

I believe the all saints vs earl game was postponed due to no referees, should be a big game considering the winner will end up in the playoffs.

If Bell,SH, and St.Joes win on monday
there will be a 3way tie.
all teams will be 7-3
st.joes beat bell by 12
sacred beat st.joes by 9
bell beat sacred by 7 (without star pg sean stoqua)

will the league look at points for and against?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Yes they use points for and against but only in the games they played each other. Thus if they are tied, st. Joes will be 2nd, SH, 3rd and Bell 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MehdiTihani



Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Fatdog has it with points for and against...

which means we're first.


1. CB
2. StPats
3. StMatts
4. Nepean
5. Hillcrest
6. Glebe

1. SRB
2. Bell
3. StJoes
4. SH
5. Pius/EOM/AS
6. Pius/EOM/AS


Am I right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real_Balla



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 pm

way to go for Sacred Heart to lose to Glebe on purpose, unacceptable move just in order to avoid Srb throughout the playoffs and not meet them until the finals. I don't see how Sacred Heart can lose to Glebe, Glebe lost to every single team that Sacred Heart beat easily (with exception to St.Pat game won by 1) that's very strange especially considering that Sacred Heart have the second best tournament record in the league ( AA/AAA/AAA). The coach should teach his players to play hard and honest not make such exception in order to avoid a better/stronger team during the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Mehdi,

You are first on Fatdog but not in our league. Fatdog defaults to pt differntial, but our league looks at head to head so you guys are 2nd.


Real_Balla

I would doubt that SH would throw any game. If you look at Glebes scores, you will see that they were in pretty much every game that they lost and their record could easily be much different. Another thing to consider is that SH just played 6 games in a tough tournament on the weekend. They may be a tad tired and sometimes it is tough to stay up after you have a successful tournament.

The east is set with the following seeds:

1. St. Pats
2. CB
3. St. Matts
4. Hillcrest
5. Nepean
6 Glebe

The west top four are set

1. SRB
2. St. Joes
3. Bell
4. SH
5. Earl or St. Pius
6. Earl, St. Pius, or All Saints

If Earl beats All Saints tomorrow, Earl is 5 and St. Pius 6. If all Saints wins, St. Pius is 5 and Earl and All Saints will have another game on Wednesday to determine who gets the last playoff spot as we do not eliminate teams from the playofs based on tie breaker rules (they play a play in game)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MehdiTihani



Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Vik didn't play vs Glebe...injured back.

St Joes beat SWL in OT...they were down 11 with 2 minutes to go and came back to force OT. So yeah, St Joes = 2nd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS



Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Real_Balla wrote:
way to go for Sacred Heart to lose to Glebe on purpose, unacceptable move just in order to avoid Srb throughout the playoffs and not meet them until the finals. I don't see how Sacred Heart can lose to Glebe, Glebe lost to every single team that Sacred Heart beat easily (with exception to St.Pat game won by 1) that's very strange especially considering that Sacred Heart have the second best tournament record in the league ( AA/AAA/AAA). The coach should teach his players to play hard and honest not make such exception in order to avoid a better/stronger team during the playoffs.

Are you serious? We wouldn't throw a game just so we can avoid a team. Either way we are going to have to face them sooner or later...all we did was give our selves an even harder road now, we have to go through Nepean and then a very tough St. Pats team. Our coach actually told us to win, we just didn't come to play. but you can think what ever you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CBBasketball



Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: 1 Round   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:28 pm

So the playoff matchups are almost set.

Prelims:

GAME A Glebe @ Bell
GAME B Nepean @ Sacred Heart
GAME C Earl/AS/Pius @ Hillcrest
GAME D Earl/AS/Pius @ St. Matt’s

1/4s:

Winner of Game A @ Colonel By
Winner of Game B @ St. Pat's
Winner of Game C @ SRB
Winner of Game D @ St. Joe's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homecourt



Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Real_Balla wrote:
way to go for Sacred Heart to lose to Glebe on purpose, unacceptable move just in order to avoid Srb throughout the playoffs and not meet them until the finals. I don't see how Sacred Heart can lose to Glebe, Glebe lost to every single team that Sacred Heart beat easily (with exception to St.Pat game won by 1) that's very strange especially considering that Sacred Heart have the second best tournament record in the league ( AA/AAA/AAA). The coach should teach his players to play hard and honest not make such exception in order to avoid a better/stronger team during the playoffs.

Wow, nice posting Real_Balla lose on purpose that makes a lot of sense especially to play one more extra tough game to avoid SRB - just checked Fatdog - SH played them the toughest in regular season in first game of the season after just winning 6 games in the St. Matts tournament. You should probably do your homework about the game before throwing around accusations like that:

1) Apparently their star forward Vik didn't play.
2) Coach C makes 2 great points - Glebe is not as bad as you think, they were never blown out, competitive in every game and well coached. The other point and one you probably wouldn't understand because you've never gone deep in any tournament is they played 6 games in 2 days so maybe a little tired and guaranteed a little letdown.
3) Lastly, the SH coach (Tony House) if you don't know him is definitely not the type of guy to ever throw a game. He's too competitive and I'm sure doesn't care who they play.

Again SRB are the favourites, solid team but there are several teams who can beat them. Looking forward to the next couple weeks as I'm sure there will be a couple upsets...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm



Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Real_Balla wrote:
way to go for Sacred Heart to lose to Glebe on purpose, unacceptable move just in order to avoid Srb throughout the playoffs and not meet them until the finals. I don't see how Sacred Heart can lose to Glebe, Glebe lost to every single team that Sacred Heart beat easily (with exception to St.Pat game won by 1) that's very strange especially considering that Sacred Heart have the second best tournament record in the league ( AA/AAA/AAA). The coach should teach his players to play hard and honest not make such exception in order to avoid a better/stronger team during the playoffs.

I can only to say that Real_Balla is more than right.
I have not seen that game but I have seen SH in the weekend tourney and there is no way they can loose to Glebe.
Shame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm



Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:14 pm

[/quote].....

Again SRB are the favourites, solid team but there are several teams who can beat them. Looking forward to the next couple weeks as I'm sure there will be a couple upsets...[/quote]

There will be NO upsets to SRB. SRB rules this season. Sorry to all other teams. LoL
PS.
The only upsets will be to EOM (on the west side) playing Hill and Nepan (on the east side) -playing SH in qualifying games.
The rest is open but nobody can challenge SRB.


Last edited by hmm on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout1



Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:19 pm

you cant assume that sacred had thrown the game they are way too disciplined to do something like that, some can argue vik didnt play because they wanted to lose, others can argue that vik didnt play because of an injury he did not want to stress (which is the more likely one)

when do the preliminary games begin?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS



Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 pm

hmm wrote:
.....

Again SRB are the favourites, solid team but there are several teams who can beat them. Looking forward to the next couple weeks as I'm sure there will be a couple upsets...[/quote]

There will be NO upsets to SRB. SRB rules this season. Sorry to all other teams. LoL
PS.
The only upsets will be to EOM (on the west side) playing Hill and Nepan (on the east side) -playing SH in qualifying games.
The rest is open but nobody can challenge SRB.[/quote]

Those are some pretty strong predictions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm



Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 pm

scout1 wrote:
you cant assume that sacred had thrown the game they are way too disciplined to do something like that, some can argue vik didnt play because they wanted to lose, others can argue that vik didnt play because of an injury he did not want to stress (which is the more likely one)

when do the preliminary games begin?

Of course we can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I price SH bball players more than SRB for their discipline on the court. But losing to gGebe is out of their regular play. Please do not make up the story. Gleabe is a one player team vs 6-7 player SH team. Vic absent does not matter. If he did not want to play for any reason that it is so bad for SH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real_Balla



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Let's be clear here homecourt, resting your best player for the playoffs can be argued as a startegy. I'm I wrong in that sense? no I do not think so and before you go any further, common sense would be that my team would want to play a team that beat us already,play them again in the finals and on my way to the finals I can play teams that my team has beaten already. Is this too much info for your brain or do you get it? Yes you could say im being bias but let's be realistic Glebe is well coached no disrespect their ( matter fact their coach is the best coach in ottaw in my opinion) but the talent is limited and a team like Sacred Heart can beat a team like Glebe without Vik that's just common sense. Do the math their then get back at me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homecourt



Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:23 am

Real_Balla wrote:
Let's be clear here homecourt, resting your best player for the playoffs can be argued as a startegy. I'm I wrong in that sense? no I do not think so and before you go any further, common sense would be that my team would want to play a team that beat us already,play them again in the finals and on my way to the finals I can play teams that my team has beaten already. Is this too much info for your brain or do you get it? Yes you could say im being bias but let's be realistic Glebe is well coached no disrespect their ( matter fact their coach is the best coach in ottaw in my opinion) but the talent is limited and a team like Sacred Heart can beat a team like Glebe without Vik that's just common sense. Do the math their then get back at me

Thanks for "clearing" this up afterall I'm assuming you were at the game or spoke to somebody who saw the game?? Yes resting a star player for the play-offs is a strategy but also "sitting out" a star player because he's hurt makes sense but then again if you were coaching you would of course play him and jeopardize your play-off run? Did the coach play the rest of his top players, did Sean play alot? Maybe do your homework that makes sense?? Again, maybe your giving SH too much credit, are they that talented, I always thought they were overated. They also finished playing 6 games in 2 days, you ever done that because a "real balla" would know your going to be tired. Why are you so worried, who do you play for? Do you have to play SH or SRB now because a "Real Balla" wouldn't care he would step up take his team on his back and win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real_Balla



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 pm

lol my argument is real ballas wunt lose on purpose too buddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption



Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Sorry to side track you guys from your argument but does anyone know how the play-offs work with three teams tied at 3-7? I read earlier a play in game must take place but how does this work if there are three teams? Does Points For and Against come into play to decide the fifth seed then the other two play it out for the sixth seed? Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Yes that is how it works. We use the points for and against between the three teams and only in the games that they played each other. However, in this case we don't need to because St. Pius beat both Earl and All Saints so Pius is the fifth seed. The sixth seed will require a play in game between All Saints and Earl tomorrow at All Saints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption



Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

coachc wrote:
Yes that is how it works. We use the points for and against between the three teams and only in the games that they played each other. However, in this case we don't need to because St. Pius beat both Earl and All Saints so Pius is the fifth seed. The sixth seed will require a play in game between All Saints and Earl tomorrow at All Saints.

Thank you very much for the clarification!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Matchups are finally set with Earl winning the tiebreaker game tonight. Tomorrow (thursday) the matchups will be:

Glebe at Bell - Winner plays CB
Nepean at Sacred Heart - Winner plays St. Pats
St. Pius at Hillcrest - Winner plays SRB
Earl at St. Matts - Winner plays St. Joes

To me, all of these games are up in the air in terms who to predict as the winner. The one thing that the regular season has proven is that anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Case in point, Earl loses by 13 last night to All Saints and wins by almost the same amount one night later! Should be some good ball over the next two weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm



Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Thank you very much for all info

my predictions:

Glebe at Bell -> Bell is to deep for glebe post players
Nepean at Sacred Heart -> Sacred Heard if Vic and Shawn play
St. Pius at Hillcrest -> 50/50 with pointing toward Hill as I like them (no other reason)
Earl at St. Matts ->St.Matts as they r 7-3 in tough east division and they won with all west teams EOM lost to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Today at 1:52 am

Back to top Go down
 
Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Links in picture reminder
» Playoff predictions
» New TFC Picture or Banner?
» 80 Gigapixel 360degree picture of London.
» Display Picture Changed?!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: Ontario :: NCSSAA-
Jump to: