HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game Results 2011-12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Machoops

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:02 pm

MacNeill Jr Tourney Final Standings

1st - MacNeill
2nd - Churchill (lost twice to MacNeill)
3rd - West Van (losses to Macneill and Churchill)
4th - New West (losses to West Van and Churchill)
5th - Mcmath (losses to Churchill and New West)
6th - Port Moody (losses to West Van, Churchill and Mcmath)
7th - Palmer (losses to New West, Mcmath)
8th - Charles Best (losses to West Van, Moody Palmer)

MVP Nathan Tomas (Macneill)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Rivalry   Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:26 pm

#1 Vancouver College Jrs 18-1 vs #3 St. George's 8-0 on Wednesday 5:30pm at St. George's Jr School.

Grade 8's - 2:30
Grade 9's- 4:00
Junior - 5:30
Senior - 7:30.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:26 am

Monday Result

SMUS def. Stelly's by 30

Weekend Results
(ISA Tournament)
SMUS def. Southridge by 30
SMUS def. St. John's by 30
St. George's def. SMUS by 22 in final
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: ISA Mixtape - St. George's   Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Here is a mixtape created by Cedric Payne http://tinyurl.com/78mythg , one the of the St. George's players, of the ISA tournament on the wknd. It is mostly a video of St, George's players, but he has the guts to show one play where he gets dunked on by a Kitsilano player. He says this : " I have to support other teams. That was probably his first in game dunk. It is a Saints Mix, but other people deserve to shine too.". Great kid!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 pm

mikeyb wrote:
WINNERS IN BOLD

3pm: Gleneagle vs Heritage

4:30: Mouat vs Kitsilano

Bottom Half of the Draw

6:00: Riverside vs Walnut Grove
7:30: Centennial vs Byrne Creek

DAY 2:

Riverside vs Byrne Creek

Mouat vs Heritage

SEMI FINALS:

Glenagle vs Kits (by 5)

Walnut Grove vs Centennial

Do u have final standings and awards details?
Back to top Go down
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 am

Saints beat VC by 5 in OT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Saints VC   Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:00 pm

The Saints VC game was a fun game to watch with Saints coming out 60-55 winners in OT. The teams are closely matched and the score reflected the game. The kids were pretty tight in a sloppy first half with Saints edging ahead by one 23-22 after being down by 5 or 6 at one point. Saints went up by 8 in 3rd and VC came back strongly when Drew U. and Ethan Scott got in to foul trouble. Saints were up by 1 at end of 3rd. Will Latu of VC played very well and his elusive inside moves got them back in to the game. Saints had 3 chances to win it at the buzzer but could not tip it in....after coming back from down 5.

Saints pulled away from the tip and won it by outscoring VC 7-2 in OT. Well played second half and OT and the game lived up to the billing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Mark Scott wrote:
The Saints VC game was a fun game to watch with Saints coming out 60-55 winners in OT. The teams are closely matched and the score reflected the game. The kids were pretty tight in a sloppy first half with Saints edging ahead by one 23-22 after being down by 5 or 6 at one point. Saints went up by 8 in 3rd and VC came back strongly when Drew U. and Ethan Scott got in to foul trouble. Saints were up by 1 at end of 3rd. Will Latu of VC played very well and his elusive inside moves got them back in to the game. Saints had 3 chances to win it at the buzzer but could not tip it in....after coming back from down 5.

Saints pulled away from the tip and won it by outscoring VC 7-2 in OT. Well played second half and OT and the game lived up to the billing.

Sounds like a great game. After seeing both of these teams over the past two weeks, I would rate Vancouver College and St. George's -- along with Claremont -- as the top three teams in the province. Haven't seen everyone but have seen quite a few ranked teams and I think these three are a notch above the rest at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

[quote="Islandview2"][quote="Mark Scott"]The Saints VC game was a fun game to watch with Saints coming out 60-55 winners in OT. The teams are closely matched and the score reflected the game. The kids were pretty tight in a sloppy first half with Saints edging ahead by one 23-22 after being down by 5 or 6 at one point. Saints went up by 8 in 3rd and VC came back strongly when Drew U. and Ethan Scott got in to foul trouble. Saints were up by 1 at end of 3rd. Will Latu of VC played very well and his elusive inside moves got them back in to the game. Saints had 3 chances to win it at the buzzer but could not tip it in....after coming back from down 5.

Saints pulled away from the tip and won it by outscoring VC 7-2 in OT. Well played second half and OT and the game lived up to the billing. [/quote]

Sounds like a great game. After seeing both of these teams over the past two weeks, I would rate Vancouver College and St. George's -- along with Claremont -- as the top three teams in the province. Haven't seen everyone but have seen quite a few ranked teams and I think these three are a notch above the rest at this point.[/quote]

I have seen a lot of games this year. Claremont, VC, Saints and South are the top 4 no question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:40 am

I think you have to put Gleneagle in that category as well. Saints, VC, Claremont, Burnaby South and Gleneagle are the top 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Sullivan Heights Tournament   Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Sullivan Heights Tournament

St. George's over Kitsilano 57-51. Kitsilano outplayed Saints for all but 2 mins at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarters. They were up by 12 near end 3rd qtr then in 2 mins it fell apart. It was a shame because their team played well. Not to take away from Kitsilano, but it is not unusual for a team to come out flat after a big win.

These teams should probably have been on opposite sides of the tournament. Saints plays winner of Kwantlen and Pitt Meadows. The other side of the tourney are Sullivan Heights.... St. John's, Seaquam and Heritage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:45 am

Home schools usually stack the draw in their favour, Mark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Home teams do usually stack their draw, but yikes! Takes a lot away from the tourney when you have easily the 2 best teams play each other first; The other teams mentioned on the other side of the draw would have each lost by at least 25-30 points to either St. Georges or Kits.

On the other hand, it seems like an odd fit for either team to be in that tourney. St. Georges should have been in the Drive tourney, for example. Certainly over a team like Alpha that lost every game by 50+.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Saints v Burnaby South   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 am

Ok Islandview2... I am happy to oblige with a summary of the S.George's v. Burnaby South game.

St. George's won 73-66, but it does not tell the story.

Drew U. had two fouls within 2 mins and Saints played without him for most of the first half and much of the second. Despite that Saints defense was stifling and their passing and drives resulted in a string of easy baskets. Saints ahead end Q1 20-11, end half 36-18. Drew U came back for part of the 3rd, but was not the reason for the lead (End of Q3 it was 56-33). As usual he hit some sweet shots and was unstoppable when he did get it inside in the fourth quarter.

As often happens...Saints took the pressure off on D and got overconfident with Drew back in. Burnaby South can shoot and that's what they did in nailing some 3s. They played some grade 9s who helped them with size and depth. Momentum shifted and the game ended with a closer score than game play indicated. In my books, Burnaby is the 4th ranked team - but I have not seen all the teams (Gleneagles?). Burnaby has lots of good players. Strange game but good win for Saints playing much of the game without their star.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am

I have to ask: Why did Drew and his parents move to St. George's ? Doesn't make much sense to me as Kelowna is the top team this year and will be strong for the next 3 years. Him and Buzz would have been dominate.

Also why didn't Drew play senior ? Winning a junior title is watered down! All the top grade 10's are playing senior anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:32 am

mikeyb wrote:
I have to ask: Why did Drew and his parents move to St. George's ? Doesn't make much sense to me as Kelowna is the top team this year and will be strong for the next 3 years. Him and Buzz would have been dominate.

Also why didn't Drew play senior ? Winning a junior title is watered down! All the top grade 10's are playing senior anyways.

I think Drew's father would be better to answer why he transferred. Based on what I know, I think it was a good decision for him as a player and as a student. Kelowna obviously has an excellent program, but I am not sure that, even with Buzz, they would be as good as Saints this year - and the Saints future is bright for basketball.

I do not know why he is not playing senior. I think it would have been better for him, but there is more to it than simply playing up to his ability. Saints has a strong team of mostly grade 12s, which may have been a factor. I agree that most of the top grade 10s are playing up....but that is true most years I would think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Mark Scott wrote:

Ok Islandview2... I am happy to oblige with a summary of the S.George's v. Burnaby South game.

St. George's won 73-66, but it does not tell the story.

Drew U. had two fouls within 2 mins and Saints played without him for most of the first half and much of the second. Despite that Saints defense was stifling and their passing and drives resulted in a string of easy baskets. Saints ahead end Q1 20-11, end half 36-18. Drew U came back for part of the 3rd, but was not the reason for the lead (End of Q3 it was 56-33). As usual he hit some sweet shots and was unstoppable when he did get it inside in the fourth quarter.

As often happens...Saints took the pressure off on D and got overconfident with Drew back in. Burnaby South can shoot and that's what they did in nailing some 3s. They played some grade 9s who helped them with size and depth. Momentum shifted and the game ended with a closer score than game play indicated. In my books, Burnaby is the 4th ranked team - but I have not seen all the teams (Gleneagles?). Burnaby has lots of good players. Strange game but good win for Saints playing much of the game without their star.

Thanks for the great recap Mark!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Fox @ Kits 6pm. Followed by the Seniors at 7:30pm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Here is a one-sided mixtape of the St George's games against Burnaby South and Pitt Meadows. http://tinyurl.com/73rd9n2 Lots of good plays by the other teams of course, but it was created by a St. George's player so naturally all about them. Thanks Cedric Payne!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Kits 48 Fox 45.

Very competitive game between these two. Fox shot 8/23 from the line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Kits 40 Tamaniwis 45
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:15 am

Sounds like a close game; Also in the North Surrey Tournament;

Lord Tweedsmuir over McMath 61-44
Panorama Ridge over Point Grey
Kits over Tammy - 50-45
North Surrey vs. Southridge

Too bad Tammy and Kits had to play each other in the first round; seems to me the top 4 teams are Tweeds, Panorama, Kits and Tammy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:29 am

St. George's beat Oak Bay 73-53. Oak Bay can shoot... Cowichan tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Game Results 2011-12   Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:30 am

Kits - Panerama Ridge game should be a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: Claremont Spartans Junior Tournament   Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:40 am

First Day results from Spartan Invitational

(At Claremont)

Quarterfinals

Claremont 53 Cowichan 33
Handsworth 43 Stelly's 18
SMUS 58 Dover Bay 30
Walnut Grove 50 Belmont 25

Consolation Games