HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Yes, please explain..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K10S

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:30 pm

beacause of what happened last time these 2 teams met and because last year the srb crowd almost got in a fight with the bell team there arent allowed any fans watching the game BUT i think parents will be allowed not 100% sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tritacke

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Just to clear things up, I have talked with the SRB players and the posts about hyping SRB up are not made by any of the players on the SRB team but by other people. The real SRB team knows that it faces a hard challenge ahead with a tough Bell team and knows that they will have to play hard to win the city championships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K10S

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

So SRB beat bell today 92-60 so they will be going to city finals. Sacred and St. Matts are playing right now should be a good game. im just guessing but i think sacred will win in a close one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tritacke

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:52 pm

What!? Can somebody please tell me what happened in the SRB game? I thought that it was going to be a close game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
613Ball

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:26 pm

tritacke wrote:
What!? Can somebody please tell me what happened in the SRB game? I thought that it was going to be a close game
you shouldn't be surprised. SRB is a much better team than Bell. Bell did not show anything the whole season. A 6-4 record losing to teams like All Saints, CB, St. Joes and also not doing anything at all in tournaments. Did you honestly think this team can compete with a powerhouse like SRB? SRB is looking to finish this season on Tuesday and they dominated everyone. Blowouts in every game and if they do finish, I expect a pretty good seeding for OFSAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K10S

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm

tritacke wrote:

SRB lead for the whole time they were up by 11 after the first quarter. at the buzzer in the second quarter farhan hit a 3 to make SRB lead by 13. then after the third i think SRB was winning by like 20 something and then both benchs played like the last 3 minutes of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tritacke

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 pm

So it turns out that St.Matts beat Sacred Heart in the other semi final, so now we have a rematch of last years final with SRB vrs. St. Matts. In my opinion, SRB are the favourites, but what can St. Matts do to try and win the championship?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 pm

tritacke wrote:
So it turns out that St.Matts beat Sacred Heart in the other semi final, so now we have a rematch of last years final with SRB vrs. St. Matts. In my opinion, SRB are the favourites, but what can St. Matts do to try and win the championship?

St. Matts won by 17 in a game where they were highly doubted to win. It should be a good game in the finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:07 pm

tritacke wrote:

Nothing.
St.Matts is a 2 players team vs SRB 6 players team.
St. Matts will loose by 20 minimum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 pm

wow congrats to St.Matts, and I cannot believe SRB beat Bell by 30, SRB is the best team, but Bell for the first time in a while had all their players i think, so how was this such a blow out, did the bell players not step up at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 pm

I obviously wasn't at the game, but I'm guessing Mohammed Soloman isn't 100%. Also, I don't see how the post players from Bell could last with the ones from SRB. Josh is good, especially for his size, but he can't stop the guys from SRB. SRB is also probably *WAY* more desciplined than the guys from Bell. SRB just seems like a more mature team to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LouisRielCat

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Thats weak to say hmm cause i'v seen both teams play and both teams are really sick but st.matts has really shown improvment over the season... even though I heard they had an easy road to the playoffs, but SH was sapose to crush St.Matts but I watched the game on rogers 22 and st.matts was up like 20 at one point and as for the people who are saying that they are a 2 man team is weak because I saw each of there starters score multipul times each, but the question is will they be ready for SRB... I can't lie SRB is sick this year and I will give them the benifit of saying they will win this year... but I'm sure it will be a good game and it could go either way this year, it just all depends.... who wants it more?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homecourt

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:35 pm

I think it could be a competitive final, SRB is the class and their depth might be too much for St. Matts. I'm not sure how you can say SH was supposed to crush St. Matts, defending champs and at home and were a higher seed. I watched the semi-final game on Rogers and looked like it was close, Tigers shot the ball well and SH couldn't hit much. The third quarter was awful basketball or good defensively 5-3 for St. Matt's then Gavin hit that 3 to start the 4th and it was over.

Not sure if SH would have been a better match-up but let's hope for a good final as St. Matt's played them tough in regular season game. They will have to play an almost perfect game and SRB will have to play average.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tritacke

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:15 pm

The only way that St. Matts has a chance in this game is if their threes start dropping, and SRB has a bad game. SRB will have a definite post advantage with Nikola (6'5) and Calin (6'8 ) down low, as the tallest St.Matts is only about 6'2. The one point of SRB's game that was missing against teams this year was their desire to defend, but this is the playoffs, so they will be working hard on defence. In the end, I predict a 20 point win for SRB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:42 am

What tournements did sir Robert borden enter,the only reason why sacred heart did good in tournements is because they played in the ones srb didn't enter, so what tournements did srb play in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 am

SRB went in the referees tournament, the Jaguar Classic, and the National Capital Classic in Ottawa and we went into the Queens tournament and the Holy Cross tournament in Kingston. For the record, Sacred Heart played in quality tournaments and though the tournaments they won did not include SRB, by no means should that discount the success that they had. There are some provincially elite tournaments that both Sacred Heart and St. Pats got invited to and SRB did not (Silver Fox, Father Henry Carr Early Bird, Mother Theresa Invitational, and All Catholic Invitationsal). In those tournaments, both local teams had the privilege of playing against the provinces best. SRB did not enter them because we were not invited or accepted as I think the perception in southern ontario is that St. Pats and Sacred Heart were the teams to beat in Ottawa this year, but the people in the rest of the province likely did not appreciate how good the competition was in Ottawa this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inthehouse

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 am

Nice forum, figured I'd join in. Thanks for clarifying Coach C - our team (SH) particpated in 6 tournaments (4 local and 2 out of town). I hope Baller isn't questioning the quality of tournaments we played in just because SRB wasn't in the field - the tournaments we played in were very solid and well attended by other good teams (as Coach C references there were a lot of very good teams in the Ottawa area). We won the 32 team St. Matt's, 16 team Ashbury College tournaments, Consolation Champs in 16 team U of Ottawa tournament, Finalists in 32 team Ridgemont. We did travel to 2 excellent out of town events - we contacted Mother Teresa for an invite and won our way in as the Ottawa school in the All Ontario Catholic Classic. We wanted to get a feel for the top teams across the province and see where we fit especially being fairly young we wanted to expose our players to the different styles of basketball and of course officiating.

As for "throwing a game", find it very amusing and doesn't even justify a response - I think it's been covered by Homecourt, Coach C and anyone else who knows me.

Good luck Tuesday to all the teams remaining, you obviously all deserve to be there. Enjoy the experience!!

Look for the All-Star game sometime in May again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:22 am

I feel that this would have been a better championship game if it were between Sacred Heart & SRB. I just don't feel that St. Matt's has any wins with these match-ups. They are undersized compared to SRB and they aren't as fast as SRB. They only lost to SRB by 8 in the first meeting but they chipped down the lead i the last couple of seconds when both benches were being subbed in. Sacred Heart would have been a tougher mac-up because unlike St. Matthew's they have a strong post player in Vikas Gill. I think Sacred Heart could also win the point guard match-up with Sean over Jamal too. When it's all said and done SRB will be the NCSSAA champs but the championship game probably won't be close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LouisRielCat

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:05 am

that can be debated, on the hight issiu cause when I watched the st.matts game vs SH there was this one kid who played for st.matts, but I don't know his name but he's only like 6'1 but he usally plays/gaurds the post and hes strong and every time I watch them play he is always assigned the post and always seems to shut them down.... so i dont know if he can shut down the srb post whos like 6'5 but you never know ... personally if st.matts played like I saw them play vs SH they will win but if they dont contain and gaurd the right players correctly i forsee a crushing defeat for SRB...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inthehouse

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 am

We would have loved the opportunity to play SRB but so would a handful of other teams that didn't make the finals. St. Matt's was the better team that day and deserve to be there. We feel we could have matched up ok but on paper SRB is just too deep and athletic in all positions against all teams. In a one game shot you have to hope you bring your "A" game and that the favourite stumbles along the way that night, cold shooting, foul trouble... St. Matt's has been doing it with 5 guys all year, they will have to shoot the ball like they did against SH and keep it close for as long as possible. SRB is explosive and tough to come back on if they get up on you.

Hopefully a great night at Carleton on Tuesday and 3 close games!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:57 am

now that the season is over would anyone like to predict next year and list the returning players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 am

What were the scores of the games?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BJH

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Picture for AAA/AAAA   Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 am

A
Ashbury 47 (Zach Legault 14)
Louis Riel 44 (Maher Faye 14)