HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ominous

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm

There has to be more then just those players. The black kid from Paul Kain can score. Kevin?? I know he sliced up our team pretty good in league. They also have the curly haired point guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RayAllenforPrime

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:21 pm

High Flyer wrote:
ballerduude wrote:
who are the best guy players in edmonton??

In no particular order:

1. Rob Haack - Ross Sheppard
2. Nathaniel Wojcicki - St. Francis Xavier
3. Adrian Osman - Ross Sheppard
4. Ryan Coleman - Jasper Place
5. Lyndon Bolanac - Ross Sheppard
6. Brin Taylor - Jasper Place
7. Dominic Perri - St. Francis Xavier
8. Sebastian Cava - Jasper Place
9. Bevan Purnell - M.E. LaZerte
10. Tyshawn Walters - Ross Sheppard

im gunna have to take that kid off of m.e and throw brett whervin in there

take lyndon off and put that maraso kid from trinity

i'd like to see some one order the best from 1 to 10 though like ive asked for like 4 days haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
college ball

PostSubject: best players in the province   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:19 am

You young high school ballers big points don't equal a good player. Big points = a selfish player. A good player is coachable, knows when to shoot, knows when to pass. A good player is a team player who trusts his teammates and doesn't care who scores, plays good defense and takes a charge. At the next level if any of you makes it, if you aren't a team player, you'll be a bench player!!! Gimme a list of actual good players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RayAllenforPrime

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:25 am

if u dont thinks its a good list than make your own
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billybob

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:13 am

well on the note from college ball theres a kid in ponoka that i would say is a pretty complete package, hes a decent shooter, choices good times to slash, great court vision, can play d on and off the ball, and loves nothing more than to get his teamates involved. At the moment he is out with an ankle injury but he is definitely a solid player, he turns the ball over a little more then you'd like to see but as a grade 11 that will more then likely correct itself next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:17 am

As far as scoring doesn't always = good player. Jimmy Ralph had 68 against Magrath last night, and I would say he is pretty good for a grade 11 player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canuck

PostSubject: anybody not want him on their team (Cardston maybe!)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:38 pm

el tigre wrote:
As far as scoring doesn't always = good player. Jimmy Ralph had 68 against Magrath last night, and I would say he is pretty good for a grade 11 player.

He's pretty good for any grade - too bad basketball isn't his best sport!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smash

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:22 pm

So i was in Magrath and it was a funny game because Raymond came out very flat and was not ready to play and found themselves down by over 20 at one point in the first quarter but Jimmy Ralph simply took over in the game and could not miss a shot! in no time they caught up and were up by a 10-15 point margin! Jimmy Ralph had around 6 points in the first quarter and by half had 35, than continued in the second half with 33.. 35+33=68 .. 4 points short of the all time alberta scoring record set by Tim Rollingson and one point shy of the great Richard Bohne. Still in grade 11 will he top that score again in his high school carreer!? will people realize that all these lists that people create about top players that Ralph and McMurray are 10 times better than all of them? Ralph i am sure knew he was around 60 points and still didnt hesitate to give the off the glass alley-oop to McIntyre he played very unselfish and hit around 16 three point field goals! unreal performance one of the best in Alberta history! i am sure! but he could have had 70 + if Heggie wouldn't have taken him out with just under 5 minutes in the game! a very quiet 68 pt. performance from the best athlete in the province in basketball, baseball and football Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RayAllenforPrime

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:31 pm

That's pretty impressive for being in grade 11 haha. Ive personally never seen him play before but im asssuming he is a treat to watch. Although ive heard some rumors that he is a very selfish player and when he is not playing well the team does not, and Being 10X better than any other player on that list though is a steep comment. Different people bring different qualities to the table. But the best player willl be determined by who wins provincials. I would like to see him play a defensivley sound team who actually takes pride in their defense though because i think it would be a different story. Still dropping 68 points is ridiculous i have to say and nobody in edmonton would come close to that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballjunkie11

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:02 am

jimmy isnt one of those players to go shoot on ofeense and sit back and let the rest of the team do all the work on defense. he plays good defense, and probably gets at least 5 steals a game. At the beginning of the season he was very selfish but i think now he has adjusted to his team and plays better with them. his 68 points were very 'quiet', he shot alot but his shots werent forced, all good shots to take. as far as offense though i would definetly say he is the best or very close to it in the province. Jon McMurray is also very good. with good D too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leentvaar25

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:49 am

You can't make lists of the top players without Jimmy and Jon mcmurray who had his 2nd straight game with over 45 points tonight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RayAllenforPrime

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:31 pm

wat would an allstar team 1 and allstar 2 team be?

pg, sg, sf, pf, c
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eastsideball24

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:24 pm

You cant forget that raymond and cardstons teams are geared completely around jimmy ralph and jon mcmurray other. the rest of the guys are just for defensive purposes it seems.
But not to take away from both of those players great skill and talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canuck

PostSubject: Jimmy and Jon   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Of course teams with stars are take advantage by giving specific roles to the other players (unless they don't want to win Wink ).

Both of these players are hard workers on both ends of the floor. If someone were to track steals, I'd bet they lead their teams and are both near the top of their league. How many other turnovers do they create? Most people call that defense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eastsideball24

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Oh ofcourse they are they do work hard and probably do get alot of steals but they couldn't defend 1 on five you know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 am

I really don't know what you mean. Not being sarcastic either, I just don't understand the point you are trying to make. If it is that they are one man shows, then how are their teams ranked number 1 and 2 in the province?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eastsideball24

PostSubject: First all star team   Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Pg: Jimmy Ralph
SG: Eli Prochnau
SF: Brin Taylor
PF: Travis from Cardston
C: Brad from SWC maybe Haven't seen many stand out centre
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlowPoke

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:41 pm

shaq wrote:
Plouffe A
Plouffe B
Saskia Vangin...
Kim Veldman
???
???

Some great choices but there is one obvious player that everyone is reluctant to mention. Claire Colborne. While on the Women's Provincial team, she was the highest scorer of the tournament. I don't know all of her stats but from what I saw she upped her defencive play and had no problem dishing for assists. She was also on a fairly so-so team at St. Mary's that stayed ranked all year and without her they would not have made it so far in the cities and on to provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gospartans11

PostSubject: My Rankings   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Boys Rankings (4A)

1. Jimmy Ralph - Raymond
2. Awet Abraha - Bishop McNally
3. Adrian Osman - Ross Shep
4. Brin Taylor - JP
5. Eli Prochnau - Western
6. Travis - Cardston
7. Brad Clark - Sir Winston Churchill
8. Aloysius Callaghan - St. Marys
9. Nebojsa Kuljic - Western
10. John McMurray - Cardston
11. Mitch Jacobsen - Sir Winston Churchill
12. Vishal Banipal - Lester B Pearson
13. Nathanial Wojcicki - St. Francis Xavier
14. Dominic Perri - St. FX
15. Josh Jebose - Notre Dame
16. Abe Aden - Notre Dame
17. Eddie Asamoah - Bishop Grandin
18. Ammon Crowfoot - Western
19. Josh Daniel - Bishop Grandin
20. Lydon Bolanac - Ross Sheppard
21. Francis Cormier - Western
22. Jehlani - Harry Ainley
23. Tyshawn Walters - Ross Sheppard
24. AJ Sihota - Lester B Pearson
25. Payton Karch - Henry Wisewood

Honorable Mention:

Mike Vanson - Ernest Manning
Manuk - Father Lacombe Lasers
Ryan Coleman - JP
Ian Gott - Centennial
Bevan Purnell - M.E. Lazerte
Josh Stewart - Lord Beaverbrook
Edgar - St. Marys
Owen Son - Bishop O'bryne

these are rough rankings. i tried to put them top to bottom order, but ppl will likely suggest switching some of these rankings around. in general i think they are pretty comperhensive tho
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Sorry how many points did Jimmy Ralph have in the finals? ............... he never made it to the finals.......................... WOW I thought he was the southern Alberta Micheal Jordan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smash

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:28 am

I laugh at your comments! How many points did he have? No he didn't have any! so your telling me you have to be in the final to be number 1 in the province? some of the kids on the list arent even in the tournament he led that team to a 1 rank and scored 40 + and 30 + in the provincial tournament as a grade 10! that isnt bad for stepping up as a rookie is it? ya and you say how many points did he have in the prov final? well he already has 1 under his belt and still has another shot at next year! wouldnt go bringing down a athlete that you would never have an hope and prayer to compare like! i like your jealousy! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RayAllenforPrime

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:35 am

theres a crazy rumor going around that jimmy isnt playing next year due to other athletic commitments. Although jimmy scores 30 plus a game he does jack up a fair amount of shots. But i still think that he is the best in the province. That list is still a bit wack though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
runninred

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:46 am

gospartans11 wrote:
Boys Rankings (4A)

1. Jimmy Ralph - Raymond
2. Awet Abraha - Bishop McNally
3. Adrian Osman - Ross Shep
4. Brin Taylor - JP
5. Eli Prochnau - Western
6. Travis - Cardston
7. Brad Clark - Sir Winston Churchill
8. Aloysius Callaghan - St. Marys
9. Nebojsa Kuljic - Western
10. John McMurray - Cardston
11. Mitch Jacobsen - Sir Winston Churchill
12. Vishal Banipal - Lester B Pearson
13. Nathanial Wojcicki - St. Francis Xavier
14. Dominic Perri - St. FX
15. Josh Jebose - Notre Dame
16. Abe Aden - Notre Dame
17. Eddie Asamoah - Bishop Grandin
18. Ammon Crowfoot - Western
19. Josh Daniel - Bishop Grandin
20. Lydon Bolanac - Ross Sheppard
21. Francis Cormier - Western
22. Jehlani - Harry Ainley
23. Tyshawn Walters - Ross Sheppard
24. AJ Sihota - Lester B Pearson
25. Payton Karch - Henry Wisewood

Honorable Mention:

Mike Vanson - Ernest Manning
Manuk - Father Lacombe Lasers
Ryan Coleman - JP
Ian Gott - Centennial
Bevan Purnell - M.E. Lazerte
Josh Stewart - Lord Beaverbrook
Edgar - St. Marys
Owen Son - Bishop O'bryne

these are rough rankings. i tried to put them top to bottom order, but ppl will likely suggest switching some of these rankings around. in general i think they are pretty comperhensive tho

some of those i can agree with, as many grabage and dumb shots jimmy raplh takes he is still the top player in the province

it's kinda weird how seb never makes it on that list, crowfoot and McMurray are both way too low, i would put swampy on that list over some of the guys on that list espcially some of those HM's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jrsmithisgod

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 am

Swampy i actually terrible. But who on that list is going anywhere next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eastsideball24

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:28 pm

I would definately put swampy and crowfoot on that list as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)   Today at 5:42 am

Back to top Go down

Best Players in the Province (Guys and Girls)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next