HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AAA Provincial Rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
baseline1

PostSubject: AAA Provincial Rankings   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:11 am

My Pre-Season Rankings 2010:

1) Pitt Meadows - I've heard all is well in the world according to Goulet and his team lead by a healthy and talented Lewandowski will be tough for any team to match their depth. Will Spencer come out of his shell though? Can Milton catch up after losing a year and how bad is Tyler's foot injury?

2) Yale - With Nakai, he just deepens an all ready very strong core (Klassen, Lektemen, Dino, Schmidt, Blackman). They may be the most athletic team out there, flashy with lots of dunks, can they play enough defense in a game to beat a top 5 team though?

3) St Georges - As talented as Emerson is he never has been a huge scorer. He's had some big games no doubt but can he double his scoring output from the precious years to make up for the loss of offense. Will he be able to thrive when he is being double teamed? Can his body handle the punishment? Their transfer big man and brother will need to add some offensive savy.

4) White Rock Christian - Eli's had five years playing Sr. There's no player out there with more experience (as well as a year older), than him, but can he make his team better? Is there a team out side Rylee and him? Rylee is a tremendous talent but will he be very dominant?

5) Oak Bay - With a 6'8 Keano post and the great Reese at the point they will be very tough, but do they have enough depth though their line-up?

5) Vancouver College - without any strong play makers Phil Scrubb could have a long, long year, teams will double him and then what? Hopefully Didsbrow brings some playmaking magic for some of Phil’s young teammates.

6) Sir Charles Tupper - I like them, they are gritty and will come hard at you. Who's faster than Lum?

7) South Kamloops, Kelowna Christian, Mt Boucherie - I give the edge to Kamloops - Their provincial experience along with a better Wagner and Wolfrum will make them tough to play against. But can Del actually coach a team without div 1 player and have success? Will Kelowna Christian’s fab 5 topple them or Mt Boucherie’s tenacity knock them off?

Cool Kitsilano - They look good on paper, and have some talented transfers – Will this be the end of their dominance as number one in Vancouver – probably for just this year.

9) Fleetwood - They are tough, athletic and experienced. But their core is made up of guys whose first love is volleyball. Watch out for them after January.

10) Centennial – Their deep and who has a bigger Mammoth inside than them, [requested deletion - admin]
11) Cowichan - Number 2 on the island, good depth
12) Burnaby South - With that many transfers, watch out?
13) RC Palmer - Billy won’t be a hero this year, but they are contenders for the next year, build on experience baby, your time is coming?
14) Walnut Grove - A team filled with hard working shooters. However, their losses in the off-season may be too much for them to compete past the valleys
15) Delta – Gritty and passionate

HM (no particular order):

Mouat, Carson Graham, Clayton Heights, Argyle, Burnett, Heritage Woods, Stelly's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbulldog

PostSubject: Province Nov. 18 AAA Rankings   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:44 pm

THE PROVINCE'S SUPER 15
B.C. SENIOR BOYS BASKETBALL
PRESEASON RANKINGS

1. Yale Lions (Abbotsford)
2. White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey)
3. Pitt Meadows Marauders
4. St. George's Saints (Vancouver)
5. Oak Bay Bays (Victoria)
6. Vancouver College Fighting Irish
7. Centennial Centaurs (Coquitlam)
8. South Kamloops Titans
9. Mt. Boucherie Bears (Kelowna)
10. Cowichan Thunderbirds
11. Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver)
12. Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (Vancouver)
13. R.C. Palmer Griffins (Richmond)
14. Burnaby South Rebels
15. Fleetwood Park Dragons (Surrey), Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver)

Honorable mention -- Dover Bay Dolphins (Nanaimo), Walnut Grove Gators (Langley), Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam), Carson Graham Eagles (North Vancouver), Delta Pacers, Heritage Woods Kodiaks (Port Moody)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaked

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Is Kelowna Christian not ranked because it still isn't sure if they're going AAA or not? Because the should be top 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Rankings   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Where the heck is Pinetree and Delta in these rankings?

Also, if Kelowna Christian is going AAA, they are clearly top 6. If they went AA, top 2 and A... clearly #1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaked

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:58 am

As of December 17, 2009:

1. White Rock Christian (1)
2. Yale (Abbotsford) (2)
3. South Kamloops (3)
4. Vancouver College (4)
5. Burnaby South (9)
6. Sir Charles Tupper (Vancouver) ( 8 )
7. Mt. Boucherie (Kelowna) (7)
8. St. George's (Vancouver) (6)
9. Oak Bay (Victoria) (10)
10. Gleneagle (Coquitlam) (13)
11. Pitt Meadows (5)
12. Kitsilano (Vancouver) (14)
13. Tamanawis (Surrey) (NR)
14. R. C. Palmer (Richmond) (11)
15. Argyle (North Vancouver) (T15)
(tie) Cowichan (Duncan) (T15)

Honourable mention
HM Claremont (Victoria) (HM)
HM Delta (HM)
HM Dover Bay (Nanaimo) (HM)
HM Fleetwood Park (Surrey) (HM)
12. Terry Fox (Port Coquitlam) (12)
HM WJ Mouat (Abbotsford) (NR)

NR = Not ranked in
previous week's poll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchoops

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Anyone have the new rankings that just came out yesterday? Basketball BC's website has not updated them yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:03 pm

bchoops wrote:
Anyone have the new rankings that just came out yesterday? Basketball BC's website has not updated them yet

Well, whereever they are, they are already out of date, after this morning's games at the Beagle. WRCA lost in OT to BBY South, and Yale demolished South Kam. Unless Yale loses somehow to Terry Fox or in the final against either Palmer / BBY South, they will be the new # 1 next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Well Yale won the Beagle, Kamloops lost to Kelowna Christian, Fox lost to Centennial... Oak Bay lost to Spectrum... Pitt beat Van College... the standings should look VERY different on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Rankings   Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 pm

These are the latest updated ranking on the BC high School website. They are naturally out of date, given the results from last weekend.

AAA Boys Ranking (Jan. 7, 2010)

1 White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey) (Previous ranking - 1)
2 Yale Lions (Abbotsford) (2)
3 South Kamloops Titans (3)
4 Vancouver College Fighting Irish (4)
5 Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (Vancouver) (6)
6 Pitt Meadows Marauders (11)
7 Burnaby South Rebels (5)
8 St. George's Saints (Vancouver) (Cool
9 Mt. Boucherie Bears (Kelowna) (7)
10 Oak Bay Bays (Victoria) (9)
11 Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver) (12)
12 W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) (HM)
13 Tamanawis Wildcats (Surrey) (13)
14 Gleneagle Talons (Coquitlam) (10)
15 Cowichan Thunderbirds (Duncan) (T15)
HM Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam) (Honourable Mention)
HM Fleetwood Park Dragons (Surrey) (HM)
HM Carson Graham Eagles (North Vancouver) (Not ranked)
HM Claremont Spartans (Victoria) (HM)
HM Delta Pacers (HM)
HM Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver) (T15)

WRCA went 2 - 1 at the Beagle, losing to BBY South, and winning against Tupper and Oak Bay. - should be 2 or 3, depending

Yale went 3 - 0, beating South Kam, Fox and BBY South - should be 1

South Kam went 1 - 2, beating Tupper, losing to Yale and Oak Bay - will probably drop out of top 10

Van College lost in final of Britt in Saskatchewan to Pitt Meadows - will probably drop to 5 or stay at 4

Tupper went 1 - 2 at the Beagle, losing to South Kam, beating Walnut Grove and losing to WRCA - probably 6 or 7

Pitt Meadows won the Britt tournament, beating VC in the final - probably 2 or 3

BBY South went 3 - 1 at the Beagle, beating Centennial, WRCA and Palmer, losing to Yale - should be 4 or 5

St. George's and Mount Boucherie, I don't have any recent results, so I can't see them changing much.

Oak Bay went 2 - 2 at the Beagle, losing to Palmer, beating Centennial and South Kam, then losing to WRCA - should stay pretty much at 10

So, my predictions for top 10 are as follows :

1 - Yale
2 - Pitt
3 - WRCA
4 - BBY South
5 - VC
6 - Tupper
7 - St. George's
8 - Mt. Boucherie
9 - Oak Bay
10 - Fox

Any opinions ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 pm

BBall Fan wrote:

WRCA went 2 - 1 at the Beagle, losing to BBY South, and winning against Tupper and Oak Bay. - should be 2 or 3, depending

Yale went 3 - 0, beating South Kam, Fox and BBY South - should be 1

South Kam went 1 - 2, beating Tupper, losing to Yale and Oak Bay - will probably drop out of top 10

Van College lost in final of Britt in Saskatchewan to Pitt Meadows - will probably drop to 5 or stay at 4

Tupper went 1 - 2 at the Beagle, losing to South Kam, beating Walnut Grove and losing to WRCA - probably 6 or 7

Pitt Meadows won the Britt tournament, beating VC in the final - probably 2 or 3

BBY South went 3 - 1 at the Beagle, beating Centennial, WRCA and Palmer, losing to Yale - should be 4 or 5

St. George's and Mount Boucherie, I don't have any recent results, so I can't see them changing much.

Oak Bay went 2 - 2 at the Beagle, losing to Palmer, beating Centennial and South Kam, then losing to WRCA - should stay pretty much at 10

So, my predictions for top 10 are as follows :

1 - Yale
2 - Pitt
3 - WRCA
4 - BBY South
5 - VC
6 - Tupper
7 - St. George's
8 - Mt. Boucherie
9 - Oak Bay
10 - Fox

Any opinions ?

Newest rankings according to BC Boys High School website

1 Yale Lions (Abbotsford) (Previous ranking - 2)
2 Burnaby South Rebels (7)
3 White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey) (1)
4 Pitt Meadows Marauders (6)
5 Vancouver College Fighting Irish (4)
6 St. George's Saints (Vancouver) (Cool
7 Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver) (11)
8 W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) (12)
9 Cowichan Thunderbirds (Duncan) (15)
10 Oak Bay Bays (Victoria) (10)
11 Fleetwood Park Dragons (Surrey) (Honourable Mention)
12 Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver) (T15)
13 South Kamloops Titans (3)
Tamanawis Wildcats (Surrey) (13)
14 Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (Vancouver) (5)
15 Dover Bay Dolphins (Nanaimo) (Not ranked)

HM Mt. Boucherie Bears (Kelowna) (9)
HM Delta Pacers (HM)
HM Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam) (HM)
HM Pinetree Timberwolves (Coquitlam) (NR)
HM Kelowna Owls (NR)
HM Gleneagle Talons (Coquitlam) (14)

I am suprised that BBY South is # 2. Yes, they beat WRCA, but they also lost 1 week earlier against Pitt, and they have lost twice to WRCA this season.
I still think Pitt should be higher than BBY South.
I can't see why Tupper is down so low. A # 6 team loses to the then # 3 and # 1 teams, and is dropped all the way to # 14 ?
Does that mean that if Kits plays Yale today and loses, that they will also be dropped from # 7 to maybe # 15 ??????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baseline1

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:24 am

My new predictions after this weekend

1 Yale Lions - They have one heck of an athletic team, will come at you from all over and either shoot the 3 or dunk on you and play some tough defense. They never win a game or tournament the same way twice. May be the most complete team out there.
2 Pit Meadows - I am impressed with their mental toughness and so far Lewandowski's healthy. They have the talent and like Yale are very very tough to play
3. St Georges - Emerson Murray is all the difference, with the big man and a few very limited support cast they are good enough
4. Van College - I'm unsure as to whether Scrub can lead well enough, but they have some support cast and have won a few big games. The Emerald tournament will tell the tail.
5. White Rock - The Barker, Eli conection is still one of if not the most difficult two players to contain in BC and they have 6 other guys willing to run and fight with them
6. Burnaby South Rebels - Best group of 11's out there.
7. Kitsilano - This European connection is streaky and can fill the basket in bunches, be afraid if they get on a role
8. Oak Bay - Have the size (Post)and the tallent and leadership in Reese. When he comes back (hopefully healthy) in a few weeks I see them taking the Island and then going deep in the provincials
9. W.J Mouat - Have a talented guard in Harfe, but are very week at the point and lack an outside threat. Their zone defense is stiffling, Kular is undersized but gives all he has.
10. Sir Charles Tupper Tigers - They work hard and Lum is pound for pound the best in BC.
11. Terry Fox - Once Roth comes back they are going to be tough. Like Pit Bulls they take a bite and never let go
12. Kelowna Christian - Yeah I know, not South Kam, but they are in the toughest league in all of BC. They figured out Kelowna and South Kam, Boucherie only stands in their way.
13. Cowichan Thunderbirds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:50 pm

baseline1 wrote:
My new predictions after this weekend

1 Yale Lions - They have one heck of an athletic team, will come at you from all over and either shoot the 3 or dunk on you and play some tough defense. They never win a game or tournament the same way twice. May be the most complete team out there.
2 Pit Meadows - I am impressed with their mental toughness and so far Lewandowski's healthy. They have the talent and like Yale are very very tough to play
3. St Georges - Emerson Murray is all the difference, with the big man and a few very limited support cast they are good enough
4. Van College - I'm unsure as to whether Scrub can lead well enough, but they have some support cast and have won a few big games. The Emerald tournament will tell the tail.
5. White Rock - The Barker, Eli conection is still one of if not the most difficult two players to contain in BC and they have 6 other guys willing to run and fight with them
6. Burnaby South Rebels - Best group of 11's out there.
7. Kitsilano - This European connection is streaky and can fill the basket in bunches, be afraid if they get on a role
8. Oak Bay - Have the size (Post)and the tallent and leadership in Reese. When he comes back (hopefully healthy) in a few weeks I see them taking the Island and then going deep in the provincials
9. W.J Mouat - Have a talented guard in Harfe, but are very week at the point and lack an outside threat. Their zone defense is stiffling, Kular is undersized but gives all he has.
10. Sir Charles Tupper Tigers - They work hard and Lum is pound for pound the best in BC.
11. Terry Fox - Once Roth comes back they are going to be tough. Like Pit Bulls they take a bite and never let go
12. Kelowna Christian - Yeah I know, not South Kam, but they are in the toughest league in all of BC. They figured out Kelowna and South Kam, Boucherie only stands in their way.
13. Cowichan Thunderbirds

Interesting, but I have some questions ?

Why would you drop BBY South from # 2 to # 6 ? Did they lose this weekend ? If they didn't lose, why would they drop 4 spots ?

Why would you drop WRCA when they just won the Surrey RCMP tournament on the weekend ? It's not easy to understand your logic with these moves ?

As far as I know, VC didn't play this weekend. So, how can you move them over both BBY South and WRCA ?

Pitt, having won the Air Show, validates their standing, but I can't see them moving above 2 teams that didn't lose.

St. Georges is a good team, and Emerson is the key. However, I find they are too dependant on Emerson. If he is hurt, or has a sub-par game, they are in trouble. Again, how can you move them over 2 teams that didn't lose on the weekend ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbulldog

PostSubject: Jan 21 BBC AAA Rankings   Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:56 pm

AAA Boys Ranking (Jan. 21, 2010)

1 Yale Lions (Abbotsford) (Previous ranking - 1)
2 Burnaby South Rebels (2)
3 White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey) (3)
4 Pitt Meadows Marauders (4)
5 Vancouver College Fighting Irish (5)
6 St. George's Saints (Vancouver) (6)
7 South Kamloops Titans (13)
8 Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver) (7)
9 Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (Vancouver) (14)
10 Cowichan Thunderbirds (Duncan) (9)
11 Oak Bay Bays (Victoria) (10)
12 Fleetwood Park Dragons (Surrey) (11)
13 Dover Bay Dolphins (Nanaimo) (15)
14 Mt. Boucherie Bears (Kelowna) (Honourable Mention)
15 W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) (Cool
HM Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver) (12)
HM Claremont Spartans (Victoria) (Not ranked)
HM Pinetree Timberwolves (Coquitlam) (HM)
HM Kelowna Owls (HM)
HM Tamanawis Wildcats (Surrey) (NR)

Rankings compiled by Vern Porter and Ross Tomlinson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaked

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Kelowna Christian beats South Kam in league play recently and they still aren't in the rankings and South Kam goes 7...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Better yet, Mouat was # 8 last week. They played in the Snowball tournament, winning 2 and losing 2. They lost to last week's # 6 St. Georges and last week's # 7 Kitsilano. Losing to higher ranked teams shouldn't affect a teams ranking too much, yet Mouat goes from # 8 last week to # 15 this week ? ? ? ? ? ?

South Kam, on the other hand, was at # 13 last week. They played in the Air Show. They beat Claremont, previously unranked, then they beat Pinetree, Honorable mention last week. 3rd game, they beat Tupper, previously ranked # 14 last week, and finally, they lost to Pitt in the final. Yet, they go from # 13 to # 7 ? ? ? ?

I think, overall, part of the problem is that there are too many teams in the ranking themselves. Why do we rank 15 teams, along with 6 or 7 honorable mentions ? It would be better just to have a top ten, and thats it.

Comments ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog2010

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 am

BBall Fan wrote:
Better yet, Mouat was # 8 last week. They played in the Snowball tournament, winning 2 and losing 2. They lost to last week's # 6 St. Georges and last week's # 7 Kitsilano. Losing to higher ranked teams shouldn't affect a teams ranking too much, yet Mouat goes from # 8 last week to # 15 this week ? ? ? ? ? ?

South Kam, on the other hand, was at # 13 last week. They played in the Air Show. They beat Claremont, previously unranked, then they beat Pinetree, Honorable mention last week. 3rd game, they beat Tupper, previously ranked # 14 last week, and finally, they lost to Pitt in the final. Yet, they go from # 13 to # 7 ? ? ? ?

I think, overall, part of the problem is that there are too many teams in the ranking themselves. Why do we rank 15 teams, along with 6 or 7 honorable mentions ? It would be better just to have a top ten, and thats it.

Comments ?

Comments ?

After the Snowball tournament last weekend, Mouat lost to Walnut Grove (an unranked team) on January 19th. That is the reason for Mouat's big drop in the rankings.

Remember the week before South Kamloops went from #3 to #13 and Tupper went from #5 to #14. Neither one of these teams should have dropped that much last week. Yes South Kam only beat Tupper (previously ranked #14) at the Air Show, but Tupper then beat Cowichan (previously ranked #9).

Except for the top 2 or 3 teams, it is real difficult to do the rankings because on any day, the other top 20 to 25 teams can beat each other. All they can do is look at the overall game results each week.

I like the current ranking system with 21 or 22 teams. It gives more schools the chance to be recognized even if it is for just one week if they played real well and also beat a ranked team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:43 am

Underdog2010 wrote:
BBall Fan wrote:

Comments ?

Comments ?

After the Snowball tournament last weekend, Mouat lost to Walnut Grove (an unranked team) on January 19th. That is the reason for Mouat's big drop in the rankings.

Remember the week before South Kamloops went from #3 to #13 and Tupper went from #5 to #14. Neither one of these teams should have dropped that much last week. Yes South Kam only beat Tupper (previously ranked #14) at the Air Show, but Tupper then beat Cowichan (previously ranked #9).

Except for the top 2 or 3 teams, it is real difficult to do the rankings because on any day, the other top 20 to 25 teams can beat each other. All they can do is look at the overall game results each week.

I like the current ranking system with 21 or 22 teams. It gives more schools the chance to be recognized even if it is for just one week if they played real well and also beat a ranked team.

I like having more teams included in the rankings and agree with Underdog that it is tough to rank the teams after the top few. I have seen parts of 6 toutnaments this year and would say that Yale is a very strong#1 with WRC, Burnaby South, South Kamllops and Pitt in the next group.

Saints is healthy and playing better and VC is only getting stronger and are not far behind. After that, I'd say that the rest of the pack from #8 Kits to a couple of the HM teams are pretty close. Admittedly, i am not totally familiar with a few of the teams but have seen most of the ranked teams at learst once.
The rankings are interesting and the more in the mix the better but the only ranking that really matters is who wins at the Agrodome and from what I've seen it is Yale's to lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mcnot

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Looks like there could be some changes in the top 10 as St. George's was beaten by Cowichan last night in Cowichan. I was at the game and both teams experienced some foul trouble. Emerson had some difficulty hitting his threes when they most needed them. It was a good win by Cowichan....by 10 or 11 I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog2010

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm

mcnot wrote:
Looks like there could be some changes in the top 10 as St. George's was beaten by Cowichan last night in Cowichan. I was at the game and both teams experienced some foul trouble. Emerson had some difficulty hitting his threes when they most needed them. It was a good win by Cowichan....by 10 or 11 I think.
There were more upsets since the January 21, 2010 AAA Ranking:

Byrne Creek (Not Ranked) beat Burnaby South (#2)
Centennial (Not Ranked) beat Charles Tupper (#9)
Cowichan (#10) beat St. George's (#6)
Vancouver College (#5) beat Pitt Meadows (#4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Main Attraction

PostSubject: Howie's Rankings January 28- 2010   Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:23 pm

THE PROVINCE'S SUPER 15
TRIPLE A
SENIOR BOYS
1. Yale Lions (Abbotsford) (LW-1)
2. White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey) (3)
3. Vancouver College Fighting Irish (5)

4. Pitt Meadows Marauders (4)
5. Burnaby South Rebels (2)

6. South Kamloops Titans (7)

7. Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver) (Cool

8. Oak Bay Bays (Victoria) (11)
9. Cowichan Thunderbirds (Duncan) (10)

10. St. George's Saints (Vancouver) (6)

11. Dover Bay Dolphins (Nanaimo) (13)
12. Fleetwood Park Dragons (Surrey) (12)

13. Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (9)
14. Mt. Boucherie Bears (Kelowna) (14)

15. W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) (15)
Honorable mention -- Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver); Claremont Spartans (Victoria), Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam), Pinetree Timberwolves (Coquitlam), Centennial Centaurs (Coquitlam), Tamanawis Wildcats (Surrey), Byrne Creek Bulldogs (Burnaby)

How is Tupper chillin at 13 after losing to both Pitt and Cent at the Emerald tourny?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaked

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 pm

South Kamloops lost to Kelowna Christian by 4 a few weeks ago, but Kelowna Christian came to them last night and South Kam dummied KCS by 29 (89-60).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fvball

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:45 pm

KCS has some strong players but moving up was definitely a major mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog2010

PostSubject: February 11, 2010 AAA Provincial Rankings   Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 am

AAA Boys Ranking (Feb. 11, 2010)

1 Yale Lions (Abbotsford) (Previous ranking - 1)
2 Vancouver College Fighting Irish (3)
3 Pitt Meadows Marauders (4)
4 Burnaby South Rebels (5)
5 South Kamloops Titans (6)
6 St. George's Saints (Vancouver) (10)
T7 Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver) (7)
T7 White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey) (2)
9 Dover Bay Dolphins (Nanaimo) [8]
10 Cowichan Thunderbirds (Duncan) (9)
11 Fleetwood Park Dragons (Surrey) (11) Question
12 Mt. Boucherie Bears (Kelowna) (13)
13 Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (Vancouver) (14)
14 Oak Bay Bays (Victoria) (15)
15 W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) (12)
HM Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver) (Honourable Mention)
HM Walnut Grove Gators (Langley) (Not ranked)
HM Heritage Woods Kodiaks (Port Moody) (NR)
HM Kelowna Owls (NR)
HM Byrne Creek Bulldogs (Burnaby) (HM)
HM Gleneagle Talons (Coquitlam) (HM)
HM Belmont Bulldogs (Victoria) (HM)
HM Claremont Spartans (Victoria) (HM)

Rankings compiled by Vern Porter and Ross Tomlinson

How could Fleetwood Park stay at #11 when they lost to Enver Creek (Not Ranked) on February 4, 2010? Mr. Porter and Mr. Tomlinson must have missed the score for that game. Maybe they will correct their mistake and make an adjustment to the rankings next week Question

Last edited by Underdog2010 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tamanawis is not in Howie's ranking - Was error in ranking posted on Basketball BC site)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaked

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 pm

fvball wrote:
KCS has some strong players but moving up was definitely a major mistake.

Agreed, they should have gone AA in their grade 11 year, or AA this year. Not AAA from A right away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fvball

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 pm

I guess KCS lost to Mt. Boucherie by 1 the other night (on a controversial buzzer-beater). Its too bad just because it hurt the profile of their best players (Colby, Tyler, and Dano).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Provincial Rankings   Today at 3:17 am

Back to top Go down

AAA Provincial Rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next