HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

single A hs jcs girls. any good?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:43 am

celtic wrote:
Do you guys really think GM were going to show their whole deck at the JC tournament? I know Veysey is not coaching this year.... but come folks, GM are the masters of deception....everything is in their favor this weekend and they will be hosting next weekend as well!

Really???? You think theirs gamesmanship and sandbagging going on just to win in high school girls basketball in NB.

I'm willing to accept that GM had people hurt that were differnce makers and that a new coach may be playing them a little deeper than they actually are, but I don't think anyone is "holding back". They've got a competitive coach, kids that want to win and a culture of success. No one is decieving or holding back.

This seems to crop up every couple of years whether its losing the right game at regionals to make sure you crossover or teams leaving kids at home in games that don't matter, etc. Its just silly (ie. crap). Kids need to learn to play and want to compete. I think 99% of all talk of this kid is speculation and conjecture by fans and onlookers. The reality is that kids and coachces are playing hard to win everytime out with their best effort. The sad 1% ers, come on its the kids game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 am

CoachDJR wrote:
celtic wrote:
Do you guys really think GM were going to show their whole deck at the JC tournament? I know Veysey is not coaching this year.... but come folks, GM are the masters of deception....everything is in their favor this weekend and they will be hosting next weekend as well!

Really???? You think theirs gamesmanship and sandbagging going on just to win in high school girls basketball in NB.

I'm willing to accept that GM had people hurt that were differnce makers and that a new coach may be playing them a little deeper than they actually are, but I don't think anyone is "holding back". They've got a competitive coach, kids that want to win and a culture of success. No one is decieving or holding back.

This seems to crop up every couple of years whether its losing the right game at regionals to make sure you crossover or teams leaving kids at home in games that don't matter, etc. Its just silly (ie. crap). Kids need to learn to play and want to compete. I think 99% of all talk of this kid is speculation and conjecture by fans and onlookers. The reality is that kids and coachces are playing hard to win everytime out with their best effort. The sad 1% ers, come on its the kids game.

Whatever DJR....you believe what you want to. I wasn't saying it was a bad thing...I was actually giving GM a compliment. I am sure Kim is hurt and they are keeping her off the floor in hopes she will be well for this weekend. With that being said, i highly doubt their complete offense or defense was shown in Grand falls on the weekend. It is good coacing not to show all your cards...GM is more concerned about winning the war than the battle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Grand Manan played in an exhibition game tonight vs RNS at RNS, GM lost 67-65 without their starting center. GM was down by double digits early, but came back with an intense comeback, a great warm up game for the regionals this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 pm

On home court GM should win regionals.
1. GM
2. JCS
3. Harvey
4. TVHS

North East
1. Caladonia
2. Peti
3. Stanley
4. ????

One regional you would have GM, Peti, Harvey and ??? GM will coast to Harbour.
Other regional you would have Caladonia, Stanley, JCS and TV. Should be a close match up but I think Caladonia beats JCS on there home court.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huios30

PostSubject: RNS vs. GM   Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:03 am

My niece plays on RNS and I was in Saint John on Tuesday to watch this game. I'm glad I did.

RNS dominated half one; very strong and dominant play over a tired looking apparently less-skilled Grand Manan team. RNS FG % and control of the paint was impressive.

This game looked over at halftime.

Grand Manan assembled an inspiring comeback in half two with tenacious man-to-man defense and an offensive attack that seemed to rattle RNS. Two different teams came out of the locker rooms after half.

RNS coaches could be heard yelling 'don't let her shoot!' The Grand Manan coach could be heard yelling 'all day long!', as 3 GM players drained 3's, some from very long range.

The nearly 20 pt lead by RNS evaporated into a 2 point game with 6 seconds left. #3 for GM nearly made half court shot at the buzzer that would've won it.

There were times in half two when GM looked like they belonged in 'AA'. I was impressed to see RNS and GM players' skill levels that were high enough to play at a 'AAA' level (I regularly watch 'AAA' in Fredericton).

If GM is not at full-strength, as one of the fans told me, this team would be scary to play when running on all cylinders.

Very entertaining game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 am

Well lets just save everyone a bunch of ferry rides and give GM the banner now.

But wait a minute.... we all know what happens to girls heads when they get on the big stage of Harbour/Aitken. Anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:42 am

baller24 wrote:
Well lets just save everyone a bunch of ferry rides and give GM the banner now.

But wait a minute.... we all know what happens to girls heads when they get on the big stage of Harbour/Aitken. Anything can happen.

I say lets dave the ferry rides....they won't be beat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: under the radar   Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 pm

If I was the coach at Harvey right now I'd be pretty happy about how everyone is talking about GM, JC and Caledonia. Don't look past the Lakers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:28 am

John Caldwell might as well be playing the Harbor Station game on the ferry to Grand Manan Island since they are both so foreign. Rolling Eyes

Grand Manan is a lock to win the A girls Banner. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:32 am

ForceHimLeft wrote:
John Caldwell might as well be playing the Harbor Station game on the ferry to Grand Manan Island since they are both so foreign. Rolling Eyes

I believe the same thing was said about TV last year. JC is a skilled and talented team, as is GM. Nothing is a lock here. As someone said in an earlier post, Harvey is just sitting there and noone is talking about them. They gave Caldwell some trouble last weekend, don't count them out just yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huios30

PostSubject: Best Wishes   Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 am

Best wishes to all the players, coaches and fans, as regional play begins today.

PLEASE KEEP US ALL POSTED WITH SCORES.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:13 am

ForceHimLeft wrote:

GM controls their own destiny! Based on the report I received after the Sussex game, and what I witnessed at the RNS game, GM is the best team in A. However, the disparity between their bench and the starters is greater than that of any team I have witnessed this year, with RNS possibly being the only exception. GM fell behind RNS by 20 some after GM started to bring players in, that I hear is what also happened against Sussex. After RNS sat their starters the GM bench did outplay the RNS bench to make for an interesting finish.

If GM shortens the bench agains the top teams and allow their starters to remain in the flow of the game they will be nearly impossible to beat. 39 forever has used the term "rolling of the lines" as the theme the entire season. JC and the other favorites can only hope that is the plan for the next two weekends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:05 am

GM and JC are clearly the favorites. They know harvey is a tough out.

That being said Petti and Caledonia are waiting in the weeds too. Someone has to go win in Caledonia, that is not going to be easy. Someone has to beat Petti too. Just because these teams do not get a lot of hype hear doesn't mean they can be slept on either.

Regionals will let us know a lot more about how JC and GM stack up but the next weekend should be tough for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:38 am

As far as I know, Harvey is 0 and forever vs. GM and JC...not sure why it would be any different this weekend. Close does not count...until they get a big W...then, zzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwhat

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:32 am

CoachDJR wrote:
GM and JC are clearly the favorites. They know harvey is a tough out.

That being said Petti and Caledonia are waiting in the weeds too. Someone has to go win in Caledonia, that is not going to be easy. Someone has to beat Petti too. Just because these teams do not get a lot of hype hear doesn't mean they can be slept on either.

Regionals will let us know a lot more about how JC and GM stack up but the next weekend should be tough for everyone.

Who is saying that they will be going to Caledonia? Petty has a pretty good chance of upsetting Caledonia this weekend so they may need to go through Petty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:40 am

Dwhat wrote:

Who is saying that they will be going to Caledonia? Petty has a pretty good chance of upsetting Caledonia this weekend so they may need to go through Petty.

Probably true. If Petti hosts they will be tough at home, Caledonia travelling could hurt them more then it would Petti. Petti has a variety of things they do to slow down others teams offense. Caledonia is very much attacking in their defensive pressure. Tighter called game then they get a home could impact Caledonia in a game in a place like GM.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:05 am

CoachDJR wrote:
Dwhat wrote:

Probably true. If Petti hosts they will be tough at home, Caledonia travelling could hurt them more then it would Petti. Petti has a variety of things they do to slow down others teams offense. Caledonia is very much attacking in their defensive pressure. Tighter called game then they get a home could impact Caledonia in a game in a place like GM.

Just looked at NBIAA website. I think it said that Petti and Caledonia split their games with each team winning by 30 or so. I could be wrong... If it's true, it's pretty crazy
!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:20 am

Birdman33 wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
Dwhat wrote:

Just looked at NBIAA website. I think it said that Petti and Caledonia split their games with each team winning by 30 or so. I could be wrong... If it's true, it's pretty crazy
!

Caledonia was missing key players, the second time. I'm not sure of the first time they played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
de96

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:29 pm

who are Caledonia's key players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: single A hs jcs girls. any good?   Today at 9:02 am

Back to top Go down

single A hs jcs girls. any good?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top