HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
basketballfan1

PostSubject: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Top 15 Gr. 10's
I think the top 6 I have listed n Gr.1o are playing for their Sr. squads if I'm mistaken please feel free to correct me.

1. Tristan Etienne (Mouat) - playing Sr
2. Jadon Cohee (Grove) - playing Sr
3. Noma Obaseki (Kitsilano) - playing Sr
4. Buzz Truss (Kelowna) - playing Sr
5. Sukhjot Bains (Tammy) - playing Sr
6. Corey Huack (Mouat) - playing Sr
7. Denver Sparks Guest (Gleneagle) - playing Sr
8. Will Latu (VC) ?
9. Brenden Bailey G Byrne Creek ?
10. Adam Karmali (Handsworth) - playing Sr
11. Martin Bogajev (Burnaby South) ?
12. Elijah Campbell Axon (VC) - playing Jr
13. Mindy Minhas (Churchill) - playing Sr
14. Jaycee Pineda (Bubrnaby South) ?
15. Hamza Khan (PM) ?

This was originally started in the Junior boys thread.

I know its early in the season but who has impressed at the Sr level and who has had the most impact?

On the other hand, who is not ready to be playing up?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Curious as to why Noma is eligible to play this year? Sudden curiosity for French immersion like Levon Kendall?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballfan1

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Noma and his family moved to Alberta. He is not playing at Kits this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c-lo

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:42 am

basketballfan1 wrote:
Top 15 Gr. 10's
I think the top 6 I have listed n Gr.1o are playing for their Sr. squads if I'm mistaken please feel free to correct me.

1. Tristan Etienne (Mouat) - playing Sr
2. Jadon Cohee (Grove) - playing Sr
3. Noma Obaseki (Kitsilano) - playing Sr
4. Buzz Truss (Kelowna) - playing Sr
5. Sukhjot Bains (Tammy) - playing Sr
6. Corey Huack (Mouat) - playing Sr
7. Denver Sparks Guest (Gleneagle) - playing Sr
8. Will Latu (VC) ?
9. Brenden Bailey G Byrne Creek ?
10. Adam Karmali (Handsworth) - playing Sr
11. Martin Bogajev (Burnaby South) ?
12. Elijah Campbell Axon (VC) - playing Jr
13. Mindy Minhas (Churchill) - playing Sr
14. Jaycee Pineda (Bubrnaby South) ?
15. Hamza Khan (PM) ?

This was originally started in the Junior boys thread.

I know its early in the season but who has impressed at the Sr level and who has had the most impact?

On the other hand, who is not ready to be playing up?

Jalen Jana is playing Sr for STMC. He joined the team last week for the Walnut Grove tourney after the JV football team's championship run.

Jalen Jana is playing up for St. Thomas More. He joined the team for the Walnut Grove tourney after their Football Championship Nov. 29th
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:52 am

Mindy Minhas (Churchill) has been the most impressive grade 10 player playing senior this year. He has already had a bunch of 30 plus point games this season.

Last 3 games he has put up 34 vs Tamanawis, 36 vs Heritage Woods, and 38 vs Yale. He also had a 30 plus point performance against Tupper in a tournament final couple weeks ago. I heard he put up a 30 point and 15 rebound performance as well, not sure if that was the Tupper game or a different game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach_E2L

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:54 am

DRIVE players seem to be doing a lot better individually compared to some basketball BC kids (with some exceptions of course). What is the program doing that helps these kids develop so quickly? I know that they are motivated themselves but so are most of the Bball BC boys. What is the difference?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:24 am

Drive, Basketball BC and all of the programs dedicated to player development are doing a great job and at risk of stirring up the Drive/BBC debate below are the all stars of the recent Telus Classic.

Tournament All-Stars
Mitch Goodwin - Kelowna
Braxston Bunce - Kelowna
Buzz Truss - Kelowna
Isaiah Solomon - VC
Evangelista - VC
Blackaby - Pitt
Milan Mitrovic - St. G
Cam Smythe - Tupper

I think 6 of the 8 were active at BBC last year and one more has been in the past, this must make the BBC coaches proud. I don't think it is fair to assert that any one program is doing a better job at player development. O ya, Manhas is an incredible talent and it will be fun to watch him play in the coming years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Trey wrote:
Drive, Basketball BC and all of the programs dedicated to player development are doing a great job and at risk of stirring up the Drive/BBC debate below are the all stars of the recent Telus Classic.

Tournament All-Stars
Mitch Goodwin - Kelowna
Braxston Bunce - Kelowna
Buzz Truss - Kelowna
Isaiah Solomon - VC
Evangelista - VC
Blackaby - Pitt
Milan Mitrovic - St. G
Cam Smythe - Tupper

I think 6 of the 8 were active at BBC last year and one more has been in the past, this must make the BBC coaches proud. I don't think it is fair to assert that any one program is doing a better job at player development. O ya, Manhas is an incredible talent and it will be fun to watch him play in the coming years.

Buzz is another grade 10 that has been really impressive. I think he led a very talented Kelowna team with 28 points in the Telus Classic final.

Another grade 10 to keep an eye on is Drew Urquhart. Although he is not playing senior, he is very talented and has great potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:03 pm

ballislife74 wrote:
Trey wrote:

Tournament All-Stars
Mitch Goodwin - Kelowna
Braxston Bunce - Kelowna
Buzz Truss - Kelowna
Isaiah Solomon - VC
Evangelista - VC
Blackaby - Pitt
Milan Mitrovic - St. G
Cam Smythe - Tupper

Buzz is another grade 10 that has been really impressive. I think he led a very talented Kelowna team with 28 points in the Telus Classic final.

Another grade 10 to keep an eye on is Drew Urquhart. Although he is not playing senior, he is very talented and has great potential.

Impressive Grade 10s from the South Island (all playing Jr.) to date include:

F Alex Jordache (Claremont)
G Johnny Sandoval (Claremont)
F Luke Collombine (Claremont)
F Matt Neufeuld (Lambrick Park)
F Noah Harris (Oak Bay)
F Matt Rud (SMUS)
G Danny Wu (SMUS)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:27 am

A few from the Okanagan:

Buzz Truss - Kelowna ("AAA")
Joe Davis - Westsyde ("AA")
Evan Helgason - NorKam ("AAA")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Mike

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:35 am

Please let's not start up the Drive Academy vs BBC dialogue or controversy. Both programs aid in player's development. BBC has a long standing of assisting in the development of good players and Drive is providing an environment to play against strong US competition to enhance players development and potential athletic scholarships and opportunities. What bothers me the most is that a lot of the audience seems to believe that both programs are responsible for developing great players in BC. Let's be clear that both programs inherit very good players. The praise should be devoted to every player who has taken the time to work at his/her game since they were youngsters and all those along the way including minor league and school coaches and parents who've worked to develop these kids. I absolutely hate it when we try to recognize that either one of these programs made these players. They aren't Drive or BBC kids. They are good players playing for good programs and trying to get better.

On another note, I would highly suggest that referring to young players as great is very exaggerated. It's awesome when these players have separated themselves from the rest of the pack and receive recognition, but they all have a tremendous way to go in their development and real potential. Some will succeed and some will fail! When you can go onto the next level and perform at a high level such as recent BC kids Sacre, Doerksen and Scrubb than we can start speaking of really elite players. The majority of BC HS players will not go on to the next level for many reasons. But one very notable reason and which is often misunderstood is a player's ability to play a specific position at the next level. For instance many good HS players are undersized to play university at their position or don't have the shooting, dribbling and explosiveness to play the guard position. For example Manroop is going to have to play PG in the US and going from a SG to a PG is going to have its challenges. In the CIS he can play the 2.

Keeping it real!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:14 am

So far this year there have been a number of excellent underclassmen playing Sr ball, starting for their teams and heavily contributing to their teams.

In no particular order, some Gr.9's and 10's that should be on everyone's must see list for the next 3-4 yrs.

Gr.10's playing Sr.
Jadon Cohee - Walnut Grove
Mindy Minhas - Churchill
Tristan Ettiene - Mouat
Sukhjot Bains - Tamanawis
Jalen Jana - STM
Gr. 9's playing Sr.
Jauquin Bennett Boire - Yale
Taylor Browne - Holy Cross

Any other's out there, underclassmen starting on their Sr. squads?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior   Today at 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down

Top 15 Grade 10's playing Senior
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1