HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Question for a referee...or anyone who knows and master scoreboard.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Question for a referee...or anyone who knows and master scoreboard.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:24 pm

It is my understanding that the score of a forfeited game is 20-0. Is this correct? Is this in the rule book?..and what is the reasoning behind 20-0? It seems a bit bizarre to me.

Also...am I the only one who would like to see a master scoreboard? I would like to have a master scoreboard instead of going through everyones schedule. It can't be that difficult, can it? You go to the master scoreboard and it has results of all three divisions...boys and girls. Ya, I'm lazy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Master Scoreboard   Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:42 am

A big thumbs up for a master scoreboard. Also would like to see boxscore and top scorers. The only way to grow the game is to make sure the results get out to everyone and some excitement gets built.

Needs to be something like this: http://district10bball.leaguetoolbox.com/league/results.php

20-0 is the official FIBA rule. It is rule 20.2.1. I do not understand the how it came to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Question for a referee...or anyone who knows and master scoreboard.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Sou_by_Souwest wrote:
20-0 is the official FIBA rule. It is rule 20.2.1. I do not understand the how it came to be.

In FIBA Tournament teams get 2 points for a win, 1 for a lost and 0 for a forfeit. I assume the 20-0 score is to further penalize the forfeiting team in case the forfeited game becomes involved in a tie breaker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Question for a referee...or anyone who knows and master scoreboard.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:29 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
It is my understanding that the score of a forfeited game is 20-0. Is this correct? Is this in the rule book?..and what is the reasoning behind 20-0? It seems a bit bizarre to me.

Also...am I the only one who would like to see a master scoreboard? I would like to have a master scoreboard instead of going through everyones schedule. It can't be that difficult, can it? You go to the master scoreboard and it has results of all three divisions...boys and girls. Ya, I'm lazy...

Love it, would be fantastic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for a referee...or anyone who knows and master scoreboard.   Today at 8:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Question for a referee...or anyone who knows and master scoreboard.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1