HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Boys Ofsaa Division Half Way Point

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coachc

PostSubject: Boys Ofsaa Division Half Way Point   Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 pm

As we enter the holiday break, we can see that at the AAA/AAAA everything is still up for grabs. The standings are difficult to figure out as teams have played an unbalanced number of games thus far. Still, Earl, Louis Riel, and St. Pats all only have one loss and St. Peter and SRB are close behind with only two losses. Glebe is much stronger than many may have predicted at the beginning of the season beating Sacred Heart tonight and St. Peters earlier on in league play. Things get even more confusing when you look at tournament play thus far as St. Petes has beaten St. Pats, who has beaten Louis Riel, who has beaten St. Petes. With so many key matchups coming in the new year, things look to get even more interesting. I wonder how many of these teams are in the St. Joes tournament the first weekend back in January???

As for A/AA Deslauriers and Merivale seem to be the favourite right now by going undefeated in league play, but Holy Trinity, Hillcrest, St. Francis, St. Joes, St. Paul, St. Matts, and De La Salle all have to believe that they have legitimate shots at winning. St. Joes just beat St. Pauls, who beat Hillcrest, who beat St. Joes. Again, nothing really has been established other than Merivale perhaps being the AA team to beat right now.

With all of this parity, I would not even know where to start to put together a top ten ranking even after so many games have been played. The only thing I am certain of is that there is still many more great basketball games to be played in the new year. Have a great holiday everyone and we will see you on the court in January!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Boys Ofsaa Division Half Way Point
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1