HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:57 am

Looking ahead at the Fraser Valley schedule I see a great week for Walnut Grove to establish itself as one of the top teams in Valley.

Though Walnut Grove dropped a tough game to a very good and not so surprising BC AA number one ranked Mission Roadrunners team, they will be looking to rebound when they visit the Fraser Valley`s top ranked Pitt Meadows Marauders on Wednesday at 3:00pm and then return home Friday for another 3:00pm start against the former BC number one, Terry Fox.

With Mouat's injury struggles early in the season the Pitt- WG game has probably the two of the three top Fraser Valley teams playing. Pitt is coming off winning the Mouat Hawkball tourney where they were put to the test by the high scoring Tweedsmuir team before being able to get back to tough defense against Kamloops and Maple Ridge to win the tournament.

Terry Fox on the other hand, after great sucess early in the year had a bit of a stumble on thier Vancouver Island trip; something many lower mainland teams do, dropping games to Oak Bay and St. Michaels before heading for the warm climate of California for a week of games. Look for the Ravens to be in much better form when they host the Gators this Friday as they try to hold thier spot in the top five.

Lots of folks have this week off so thier is no excuse not to set aside a couple of hours to check out a game or two of great Fraser Valley boys basketball.

Last edited by ronh_pm on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vancouversportsevents.com
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Correction on Venue   Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:55 pm

I was advised I made an error on the Walnut Grove - Terry Fox game and that the game is being played at Walnut Grove in Langley. Also, both games will be preceded by the juniors.

See you there!!
Back to top Go down
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Another Couple top 10 Fraser valley games over the holidays   Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:52 pm

The Tamanawis Wildcats, fresh off a big win against Burnaby South in the finals of the Rod Thomson Rebels tournament have a big week ahead of them as well as they play a couple of top 10 teams.

Thursday Dec.29th at 3:00, the #9 Wildcats will be hosting #6 ranked Kitsilano while on Monday Jan 2 at 3:00, BC #2 reanked Vancouver College will make a trip to the Valley to take on Tamanawis.

With all the pressure on Kits and VC and both games at Tamanawis, a very tough gym to win in, this is a great chance for the Wildcats to make a move up in the rankings.

Back to top Go down
realitycheck

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:12 am

While the Fraser Valley can again claim host to many of the top teams in the Province. Can someone tell me how many teams make the BCs from the Valley, I think it's 8 or is it only 7? Either way many great contenders for the Valley berths this year (Pitt, WRCA, Fox, Grove, Mouat, Tamanawis for sure, then a number of potentials).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outlawpete

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:42 pm

I believe that Walnut Grove may now be winless on the season as they may have to forfeit all of their games due to playing an inelgibile player which I assume is the big guy from up North. Can anybody confirm this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:05 pm

[quote="outlawpete"]I believe that Walnut Grove may now be winless on the season as they may have to forfeit all of their games due to playing an inelgibile player which I assume is the big guy from up North. Can anybody confirm this?

Even if this happens does it really have any impact? Up to this point all they have played are exhibition games. Not like they will be losing any standings from league play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Pitt pulls away in 4th to beat Walnut Grove 62-53   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Nice crowd on hand, including many Fraser Valley coaches, and even a CIS coach on hand to watch another tough Fraser Valley game. Not alot separating the top teams of the valley this year and I would guess on any given game day, any of the top five teams could win.

Game wrap and pictures on my blog at link below.

Vancouver Sports Events

Reminder of a few upcoming games.

Kits @ Tamanawis 3:00 Thursday Dec. 29
Terry Fox @ Walnut Grove 3:00pm Friday Dec. 30
Vanc. College @ Tamanawis 3:00 Monday. Jan. 2

Last edited by ronh_pm on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added schedule)
Back to top Go down
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Tamanawis over Kits 58-52   Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:57 am

Tamanawis continues there fine play as they take care of Kitsilano 58-52. Close and hard fought game that saw standout guard Manny Dulay lead the Wildcats once again as he scored 21 points and added eight dimes while Rav had a big double-double with 15 points and 10 boards. Sukhot Bains is growing into senior ball quite nicely as he added 15 as well.

Tamanawis has a few nice wins under it's belt the past week or so and the #2 ranked Vancouver College is going to have it's hands full at Tamanawis Monday afternon in a game that I think we be a fight to the final buzzer.

Can't wait!

Back to top Go down
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks for the updates and story. Have to agree on Dulay..really good player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Tamanawis vs Vancouver College is going to be a great match up. I agree with Ronh_PM it will go down to the wire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walnutfan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Walnut grove beat Terry fox 65-58

Last edited by Walnutfan on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Walnutfan wrote:
Walnut grove beat Terry fox 66-58

Fox had a breakdown for about the last 5:00 of the first quarter as Walnut Grove went on a 19-5 run and that was all the Gators needed as Walnut Grove beat Terry Fox 65-58.

Game wrap but nopictures on my blog at link below.

Vancouver Sports Events
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.   Today at 7:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley Showdown Dec.28 and Dec.30.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1