HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Emerald Draw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeyb

PostSubject: Emerald Draw   Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:35 am

THURSDAY JANUARY 19TH
Game #1
2:00P Oak Bay vs. Vancouver College
Game #2
3:45P Walnut Grove Secondary vs. Burnaby South
Game #3
5:30P Terry Fox vs. White Rock Christian
Game #4
7:15P Mission vs. WJ Mouat

FRIDAY JANUARY 20TH
Game #5
3:15P L2 L1
Game #6
5:00P L4 L3
Game #7
6:45P W2 W1
Game #8
8:30P W4 W3

SATURDAY JANUARY 21ST
Game #9
1:00P L6 L5
Game #10
2:45P W6 W5 TBA
3RD-5TH
Game #11
5:15P L8 L7 TBA
1ST-2ND
Game #12
7:00P W8 W7 TBA

Last edited by mikeyb on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:38 am

Walnut Grove and Fox were origionally supposed to play each other but got moved due to them playing each other a few times already..

For some sad news, I was told today by a good source that Tristan Ettiene is done for the year. He is having a heart operation tomorrow!! Very serious!! All of us hope for a speedy recovery!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:08 am

That is some sad news. Basketball is so secondary. Wish him a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Sim wrote:
That is some sad news. Basketball is so secondary. Wish him a full recovery.

That is terrible news! Best wishes to Tristan and MJ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Wow...that is horrible news.
Best of luck to you, kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Awful news. Hope everything goes well and he has a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: emerald update   Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Vc 80 oak bay 72, burnaby south 69 walnut grove 67
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:22 pm

mikeyb wrote:
Vc 80 oak bay 72, burnaby south 69 walnut grove 67

Oak Bay is playing good ball taking Mt. Douglas to double OT before falling and now keeping this one close in the VC barn; though I'm no a big beleiver in the term "good loss" this is not a bad result at all for the Bays.

Burnaby had a couple very good games against great competition losing 2 games (to Mouat 62-61 and GW Graham74-71) by a total of four points, at the Snowball and this win over Walnut Grove should really get them rolling. VC will should have their hands full..if this game wa anywhere but at VC I would give the edge to BBY.

Look for WG to regroup and give Oak Bay all they can handle in thier game tomorrow. The Gators have not had back to back losses that I'm aware of (not sure about Hawaii) and they are well coached with good leadership to throw the "bad loss" behind them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vancouversportsevents.com
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Terry Fox 75 WRCA 72
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 am

Misson 64 Mouat 63 on a b uzzer. Beater by #14

Semis are vc v s burnaby south and fox vs mission
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Day 1 Review   Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:49 am

Every game was close and down to the wire.

Oak Bay had the lead when I got there in the 4th quater but VC bared down and pulled out a win. Oak Bay can play with anyone due to their effective 3 point shooting.

South Burnaby could be a big problem for some teams as the 3 forwards are all around 6'4 - 6'6. Irvine had a monster game as did Kovak. A lot of the shots Cohee and Monsanto hit in the Beagle, were not falling today.

Fox lead the entire game against WRCA but could not keep them down. Fox was up double digits at one point but the pesky Warriors battled hard but couldn't mount a full comeback. Fox's Ryan Sclater proved he is in the discussion with the top players in the province with his 33 point performance against an array of defensive weapons thrown at him.

Mission and Mouat was a battle of 2 teams who have played twice this year already and you could tell, both teams wanted this game bad. Mission showed they can play with any AAA team in BC. The starting 5 is very impressive but don't have a lot of depth. Mack Thompson scored to put Mouat up by 1 until Mission forward Luke Morris hit a jumper at the buzzer to give Mission the victory.

On a side note, it was great to see Tristan Etienne on the bench for Mouat. Also some first class showed by Terry Fox as they presented Tristan with a get well card, signed by the entire team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:32 am

mikeyb wrote:

Oak Bay had the lead when I got there in the 4th quater but VC bared down and pulled out a win. Oak Bay can play with anyone due to their effective 3 point shooting.

South Burnaby could be a big problem for some teams as the 3 forwards are all around 6'4 - 6'6. Irvine had a monster game as did Kovak. A lot of the shots Cohee and Monsanto hit in the Beagle, were not falling today.

Fox lead the entire game against WRCA but could not keep them down. Fox was up double digits at one point but the pesky Warriors battled hard but couldn't mount a full comeback. Fox's Ryan Sclater proved he is in the discussion with the top players in the province with his 33 point performance against an array of defensive weapons thrown at him.

Mission and Mouat was a battle of 2 teams who have played twice this year already and you could tell, both teams wanted this game bad. Mission showed they can play with any AAA team in BC. The starting 5 is very impressive but don't have a lot of depth. Mack Thompson scored to put Mouat up by 1 until Mission forward Luke Morris hit a jumper at the buzzer to give Mission the victory.

On a side note, it was great to see Tristan Etienne on the bench for Mouat. Also some first class showed by Terry Fox as they presented Tristan with a get well card, signed by the entire team.

Thanks for the updates. I sure hope to get there for Saturday's action.

Great to hear Tristan is up and at em and also could not agree more about how Fox is handling itself on and off the court. Coach Hanson may not have the biggest, fastest, experienced or most talented team in the province, but he certainly has one of the best; just a great group of kids who will out work almost every team, every night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vancouversportsevents.com
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:20 am

You hit it on the head with Fox.When they hit the court for warm up there not going to scare anybody but once the ball is tipped off they play team ball . Also very impressed by White Rock as i can see a possible rematch of these 2 teams at the Valley's.

In the Semi's i see South with a mild upset of the College. South is a bit bigger and i dont think they can match Irvine underneath as for the other game Fox vs Mission i give a slight edge to Fox as they look to be much deeper and can push the ball wearing down the Mission bigs

should be great games

ronh_pm wrote:
mikeyb wrote:

Thanks for the updates. I sure hope to get there for Saturday's action.

Great to hear Tristan is up and at em and also could not agree more about how Fox is handling itself on and off the court. Coach Hanson may not have the biggest, fastest, experienced or most talented team in the province, but he certainly has one of the best; just a great group of kids who will out work almost every team, every night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:18 pm

mikeyb wrote:
Misson 64 Mouat 63 on a b uzzer. Beater by #14

Semis are vc v s burnaby south and fox vs mission

Fox lost their 2 ball handlers from last season, in McDonald and Hind, I thought Fox would drop like a rock (in rankings) after the season was underway. They find a way to get the job done and it is definitely a team effort. I have only seen Mission play once this season and they can play with any AAA team in BC, they have size and board well. Mission guards are quick, but turn the ball over when pressured. I see Fox winning this semi by 5.
VC should have no trouble challenging and trapping Souths guards. Shut Irvine down and they will have trouble scoring.
VC by 18.

Finals VC over Fox by 10, if Solomon doesn't get punched by one of his own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ButterBaller

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 pm

VC looked like VC yesterday and should be able to squeeze into the final over a Burnaby south team that looks like the are going to be more of a factor in the AAA picture than most people think, you can't teach size and they have it. They used it well against grove who lives and dies by the jump shot at times.

I thought white rock had a mismatch at every position match except for Sclater's but failed to take advantage. Fox played a great team game and deserved to win on the back of a monster game from ryan. I've seen white rock a few times this season, but I haven't seen them play hard for a whole game yet. If and when they do, look out!

Mission is the real deal this season, they are as good as many AAA teams and must be thought of as AA favorites right now for provincials as no one has the resume they do so far. I see a VC / Mission final tomorrow night... or whenever the final game is played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Walnut grove 75 oak bay 68. Wrca and mouat were re scheduled for sat at 11:15.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Van college 82 burnaby south 75. Irvine got his 4th foul with the score tied at 55-55. College went on a run and south couldn't recover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:08 am

Terry fox 66 mission 54. Fox show there imprewssive depth with crookes and nesterenko having huge games off the bench. Crookes gets game mvpwith 15+ points

Game was tied 29-29 at half.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Day 2 Review   Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:02 am

Burnaby South and Van College went back and forth with no team really going on a run. Score was tied at 55-55 when South big man Nick Irvine got his 4th foul. With him on the bench, Van College started to pull away. If it wasn't for some late 3 pointers by Nguyen and Garcha, the score could have been worse. Look for Burnaby South to make some noise come playoff time.

Terry Fox and Mission went a similar way. Fox pulled ahead by 10 in the 2nd quarter but Mission battled back to tie the game at 29 at the half. Fox was up by 1 late in the 3rd quarter when star player Ryan Sclater picked up his 4th foul and was subbed out of the game. However, Fox's strength, which is it's depth, really showed up here and Crookes and Nesterenko helped Fox go on an impressive run in the 4th quarter to put the game out of reach. Mission is a very good team but have very little depth and Fox was able to wear them down in the 4th quarter.

Should be a great final tomorrow with Van College taking on Terry Fox in a rematch of last year's Emerald Final! Should be a war!

PS: Let's hope that water leak gets fixed somehow for tomorrow. There was also a leak on the top of the 1st set of bleachers. Should I bring an umbrella ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:53 am

VC looked tired to me tonight. Issiah and Penman log 40 minute almost every game. Emotional game with Saints on Wednesday and then two tough games last night and tonight I think leaves them open to be beaten again by Terry Fox.

Fox 62 VC 55
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:23 am

MikeyB i love your posts..Im curious how you see the finall and consolation final going ?

mikeyb wrote:
Burnaby South and Van College went back and forth with no team really going on a run. Score was tied at 55-55 when South big man Nick Irvine got his 4th foul. With him on the bench, Van College started to pull away. If it wasn't for some late 3 pointers by Nguyen and Garcha, the score could have been worse. Look for Burnaby South to make some noise come playoff time.

Terry Fox and Mission went a similar way. Fox pulled ahead by 10 in the 2nd quarter but Mission battled back to tie the game at 29 at the half. Fox was up by 1 late in the 3rd quarter when star player Ryan Sclater picked up his 4th foul and was subbed out of the game. However, Fox's strength, which is it's depth, really showed up here and Crookes and Nesterenko helped Fox go on an impressive run in the 4th quarter to put the game out of reach. Mission is a very good team but have very little depth and Fox was able to wear them down in the 4th quarter.

Should be a great final tomorrow with Van College taking on Terry Fox in a rematch of last year's Emerald Final! Should be a war!

PS: Let's hope that water leak gets fixed somehow for tomorrow. There was also a leak on the top of the 1st set of bleachers. Should I bring an umbrella ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Fox vs College   Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am

Does anyone know if the game is online tonight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Man, do you know how hard it has been this year to predict ? lol

I could see either team winning. I do think VC is a little banged up and tired. Fox has a lot more depth than VC. If VC is hitting there outside shots (Soloman and Evangelista mainly), can stay out of foul trouble and not have to rely on there bench, then they will win. If Sclater has a big game and Fox gets help off the bench, they will win.

Or maybe we can just flip a coin ? That might be easier!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Saturday's games   Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:28 pm

W.J. Mouat over WRCA 56-44 - this was a Friday game moved to Saturday (due to weather)

Oak Bay over WRCA 73-65

Oak Bay 7th
WRCA 8th

Walnut Grove over W.J. Mouat 77-48

Walnut Grove 4th
W.J. Mouat 6th

Burnaby South over Mission 62-55

Burnaby South 3rd
Mission 5th

Vancouver College over Terry Fox 83-69

Vancouver College 1st
Terry Fox 2nd

Last edited by Sportvictoria on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Burnaby South 62 Mission 55
Nick Irvine POG
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Draw   Today at 5:26 am

Back to top Go down

Emerald Draw