HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Surrey RCMP Tourney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sim

PostSubject: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:26 am

Southridge beat Matheson
Tweedsmuir beat Earl Marriot
WRCA beat Queen Elizabeth

The flu bug's going around a few teams. Hopefully everybody stays healthy this week.

Friday's Final 4 should be:

Tammy/Southridge(AA)
and
WRCA/Winner of Tweedsmuir & Enver. They play tomorrow at 1:30pm at Enver. Should be a packed gym.

Anybody else have results??
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:58 am

tammy beat Panorama by 40 n Enver won 71-41 against fraser heights

I see a tammy-WRCA final havent seen southridge play so dont know how good they are and 4th place i think its pretty open tweedsmuirs n fleetwood are likely to faceoff with PM and QE rite behind em
Back to top Go down
ButterBaller

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:56 am

white rock wins easily over enver creek to reach the finals against tamanawis, who were down by as much as a dozen to AA southridge before making a huge 4th quarter rally thanks to some hot three point shooting.

So it's enver creek/south ridge for third and white rock/tammy in the final tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:08 am

wouldnt have been so easy for White Rock if it wasnt for that deliberate elbow to Rajan Rai, Enver was only down 2 in the 2nd quarter when that happend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ButterBaller

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am

I agree, the injury to #23 totally changed the game for enver creek who was in it up to that point. White rock has always had a reputation for being too physical, especially with mismatches. It would've been great to watch two close games instead of one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geddy

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Rajan Rai is a good player because he is very physical, and intense. He is the type of player any coach would want on his team. To stop him in the low post, most teams probably collapse on him and put the body to him. I am assuming White Rock did just that and sometimes an inadvertent injury can happen. To stop a physical player, you have to be physical in return. At the end of the day, White Rock probably has too much depth for a team like Enver to compete with over a full 40 minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:27 pm

I feel like Justin Bhangoo had a solid game trying to carry the load for enver, but he needed his post partner rajan, the two feed off of each other, and are hard for a team to stop. Enver has depth off the bench, but its depth with skill, not size like white rock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GregOden

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:58 am

hahahaahahahahaah okayyyyyy FraserVallyFiend.... do u even watch basketball?
I kinda think you dont, or you are from/play for enver.
Saying that envers bench is more skilled then wrcas.
yea...the gr.11s were only the best team in junior last year, now im not sure but i think only a couple of gr.11 start, meaning alot of the bench would have to be considered the best gr.11s in bc.... i highly doubt they are unskilled.
Hope you had fun playing/watching ur friends in the 3rd/4th place game

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Congrats Tammy....   Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:42 am

from the tournament website...

Tamanawis Wildcats 2012 Surrey RCMP Basketball Classic Champions

The Tamanawis Wildcats captured the 2012 Surrey RCMP Basketball Classic Championship with a 68 - 66 overtime victory over the White Rock Christian Warriors. The game was a back and forth match with both teams trading the lead. The game was highlighted with great outside shooting and a tenacious work ethic by both teams. Congratulation to Tamanawis. Third place was capurted by the Enver Creek Cougars with fourth place going to the Princess Margaret. Thanks so much to the Surrey RCMP the Tournament Organizing Committee and the host schools.

Tournament Most Valuable Player - Manny Dulay - Tamanawis
Tournament Most Inspirational Player - Seye Akinsame - Princess Margaret
Doug Jennings Award for the Most Sportsmanlike Team - Princess Margaret

1st Team All-Stars:

Beh Severide - Southridge
Rajan Rai - Enver Creek
Tyus Allen - White Rock
Jake Newman - White Rock
Sakjot Bains - Tamanawis

2nd Team All-Stars:

Harman Basra - North Surrey
Henry Flowers - Princess Margaret
Shivi Virig - Tamanawis
Gurkat Kular - Enver Creek
Kris Baerg - White Rock
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vancouversportsevents.com

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:39 am

GregOden wrote:
hahahaahahahahaah okayyyyyy FraserVallyFiend.... do u even watch basketball?
I kinda think you dont, or you are from/play for enver.
Saying that envers bench is more skilled then wrcas.
yea...the gr.11s were only the best team in junior last year, now im not sure but i think only a couple of gr.11 start, meaning alot of the bench would have to be considered the best gr.11s in bc.... i highly doubt they are unskilled.
Hope you had fun playing/watching ur friends in the 3rd/4th place game

I'm going to agree with "Greg Oden". WRCA probably has the more skilled bench, but correct me if I'm wrong, Tyus, peter and sam all start meaning the only grade 11 coming off the bench would be vartan; so to say most of the bench is comprised of the best gr 11s in the province is mendacious.
Back to top Go down
GregOden

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Ballfan1, i do not know who all starts/doesnt start, but i still think even with 3 gr.11s starting, would that not meen the bench still has atleast 4 or 5 gr 11s? or did wrca only win with four players last year? maybe i missed that, but it probably woulda been big news if a team won provincals while only playing 4 players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:47 pm

GregOden wrote:
Ballfan1, i do not know who all starts/doesnt start, but i still think even with 3 gr.11s starting, would that not meen the bench still has atleast 4 or 5 gr 11s? or did wrca only win with four players last year? maybe i missed that, but it probably woulda been big news if a team won provincals while only playing 4 players.

Last year wrca relied mostly on four players; tyus peter sam and vartan and the fifth was someone rotating in off the bench. The reason white rock was successful was because those four players are very talented. Now if three of them start that would leave the only one coming off the bench. But if I am wrong, which is very likely, could you please tell me who these Top grade 11 players in the province are that come off the bench because I for one have not heard of them before.
Back to top Go down
ButterBaller

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:16 pm

What an exciting game last night! I thought white rock played the better game and should've won but Tammy shot lights out to earn the trophy.

Tamanawis was just unstoppable, Manny hit a 3 falling out of bounds (while double teamed) and then Shivi banked in a fade away 3 from the corner, both of those shots were daggers in the final minutes but white rock kept coming back and even had a chance to win it with a last shot at the end of the 4th quarter.

Just goes to show that in basketball, the better team doesn't always win, but the team that makes the most plays always does. Both schools played up to their top 10 ranking and looked like true contenders for the BC title last night, especially Tamanawis, watch out!

Last edited by ButterBaller on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurreyBall

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:18 pm

White Rock is a good team they probablly were the deepest team in the RCMP tournament, they have a couple of seniors and the jr bc champs and rcmp champs and any coach would love to have a deep young team. But being young and only having 2-3 seniors other teams could get in their heads. EC's depth i think cant match them and that showed even though it was a 15 point game at the end wrca was up 20 in starting of the 3rd and it didnt get close till it dropped when they put their weaker players in.

Dissapointments:
Fleetwood- They aren't as great as they were when they went to the bc's 2 years straight
Tweedsmuir- Saw a lot of hype about them but I didn't see them doing any damage except for against EC and Clayton.
Sullivan Hts- Finished last in the whole tournament they were a decent team last year with a lot of 11's.

Surprises:
Princess Margaret- This team played really strong and took WRCA in the 2nd round to the wire and were down 5 until they started fouling, also played Tweeds and beat them easily.
Southridge- A very hardworking team with absolutely no size i think no one over 6'0. Yet they played to the wire with Tammy and even though Enver beat them I think they were very hardworking and were probablly mentally drained over the Tammy loss.

The Final was amazing a absolute thriller, jam packed gym with rowdy fans and both teams had their chances to win it a very fair game. Tamanawis deserved to win WRCA will have their banner next year but thies year manny dulay carried his team to the championship, literally. Hitting 3 after 3 and it was nice to see newman matching him and getting wrca's first 14 points.

Most Dissapointing Player: Rav Dhaliwal. He was non existent in the post hane no idea whats wrong with him but he isnt even a threat for them anymore. Very Soft and puts the ball on the floor before he goes up every time. People think hes the best from Tammy but Manny clearly showed everybody he is head and toes above him. Great tournament for Tyus Allen a very scrappy guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Princess Margaret and Enver will be valley contenders
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachLen

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Tamanawis didn't look like the better team but they certainly found away to stop Jake Newman who was the only reason white rock was in it in the first half.
Enver Creek handily beat south ridge and Rajan Rai looked great in his come back from the lip stitches.
Princess Margaret had a solid game against North Surrey

Tamanawis vs WRCA in the south division and Enver Creek vs Princess Margaret in the central division will be very fun to watch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:53 am

Enver looked better than Tammy up against Southridge yesterday, solid balance in scoring, Gurkirat had 21, Justin had 16, and Rajan had 15, PM plays in your face defence and scrappy offence, definitely going to be trouble for some teams, as it was for White Rock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insider

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Tamanawis was up like 19-5 on Southridge to start the game but then their coach took all the starters off. That really messed up the chemistry for the wildcats and Southridge capitalized on it. If that game were to be played over, I think Tamanawis would win it handily. I like how Southridge plays though. They will definitely give it a good run at AA this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surrey RCMP Tourney   Today at 7:32 am

Back to top Go down

Surrey RCMP Tourney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1