HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Whats up with STM????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bulls23



Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-12-03

PostSubject: Whats up with STM????    Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 pm

anyone know whats up with STM, they either seem like the top "AA" team or lose inconsistent games. Just this weekend it says they lost to Archbishop Carney?? is this team any good or did STM just have another hiccup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim



Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with STM????    Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 am

Could be a number of things...match ups, flu season or lack of practice. Lots of teams are playing 4-5 games/week and sometimes only practicing once/week. Unfortunately we discredit the underdog team many times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Parity and strength in AA   Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:25 am

This year AA is quite strong... there is also a lot of parity with any team in the "AA" Top 15 capible of beating any other team in the "AA" Top 15.

SEVERAL of the teams in the "AA" Top 10 can also easily compete with any of the teams in the "AAA" top 10.

Just the past weekend Mission beat VC, GW beat Burnaby South, GW was close to Kelowna, Southridge lost by 4 to Tamanawis.

The next month for "AA" is going to be VERY interesting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Tomcat



Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with STM????    Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:19 pm

There are many strong AA Teams but the ones capable of beating a top 5 AAA team are first Mission who has defeated Mouat, Van College and Walnut Grove. That is impressive. STM is very strong and has also earned a place among the top AAA contenders. GW Graham is good and has a capable guard in the Manus boy but I would take STM or Mission first. Even though I believe Mission lost to STM by 6 I do not believe this would reoccur. Mission is just a little stronger inside with Morris and Parry. They both have good guards. STM and Mission are strong teams. They are both actually fairly similar to one another in their make up. Good luck to both them. I am happy to see that some of the AA programs have had such good leadership and have improved as much as they have. It also helps to have a strong group of athletes. Anyone is capable of defeating anyone on any given day but I do believe that STM and Mission are the two biggest AA contenders that could consistently win against the stronger AAA teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with STM????    Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Tomcat wrote:
There are many strong AA Teams but the ones capable of beating a top 5 AAA team are first Mission who has defeated Mouat, Van College and Walnut Grove. That is impressive. STM is very strong and has also earned a place among the top AAA contenders. GW Graham is good and has a capable guard in the Manus boy but I would take STM or Mission first. Even though I believe Mission lost to STM by 6 I do not believe this would reoccur. Mission is just a little stronger inside with Morris and Parry. They both have good guards. STM and Mission are strong teams. They are both actually fairly similar to one another in their make up. Good luck to both them. I am happy to see that some of the AA programs have had such good leadership and have improved as much as they have. It also helps to have a strong group of athletes. Anyone is capable of defeating anyone on any given day but I do believe that STM and Mission are the two biggest AA contenders that could consistently win against the stronger AAA teams.

Don't forget St. Michaels that beat Terry Fox - when Fox was #1.

Southridge this past week lost by 4 to Tamanawis (BC #6 this week but #3 last week).

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Islandview2



Posts : 110
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with STM????    Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Sportvictoria wrote:
Tomcat wrote:
There are many strong AA Teams but the ones capable of beating a top 5 AAA team are first Mission who has defeated Mouat, Van College and Walnut Grove. That is impressive. STM is very strong and has also earned a place among the top AAA contenders. GW Graham is good and has a capable guard in the Manus boy but I would take STM or Mission first. Even though I believe Mission lost to STM by 6 I do not believe this would reoccur. Mission is just a little stronger inside with Morris and Parry. They both have good guards. STM and Mission are strong teams. They are both actually fairly similar to one another in their make up. Good luck to both them. I am happy to see that some of the AA programs have had such good leadership and have improved as much as they have. It also helps to have a strong group of athletes. Anyone is capable of defeating anyone on any given day but I do believe that STM and Mission are the two biggest AA contenders that could consistently win against the stronger AAA teams.

Don't forget St. Michaels that beat Terry Fox - when Fox was #1.

Southridge this past week lost by 4 to Tamanawis (BC #6 this week but #3 last week).

SMUS also beat Windsor, previously the top-ranked BC AA team, by 16 in the Victoria City Police Tournament this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria



Posts : 544
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 47
Location : Victoria BC Canada

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with STM????    Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Islandview2 wrote:
Sportvictoria wrote:
Tomcat wrote:
There are many strong AA Teams but the ones capable of beating a top 5 AAA team are first Mission who has defeated Mouat, Van College and Walnut Grove. That is impressive. STM is very strong and has also earned a place among the top AAA contenders. GW Graham is good and has a capable guard in the Manus boy but I would take STM or Mission first. Even though I believe Mission lost to STM by 6 I do not believe this would reoccur. Mission is just a little stronger inside with Morris and Parry. They both have good guards. STM and Mission are strong teams. They are both actually fairly similar to one another in their make up. Good luck to both them. I am happy to see that some of the AA programs have had such good leadership and have improved as much as they have. It also helps to have a strong group of athletes. Anyone is capable of defeating anyone on any given day but I do believe that STM and Mission are the two biggest AA contenders that could consistently win against the stronger AAA teams.

Don't forget St. Michaels that beat Terry Fox - when Fox was #1.

Southridge this past week lost by 4 to Tamanawis (BC #6 this week but #3 last week).

SMUS also beat Windsor, previously the top-ranked BC AA team, by 16 in the Victoria City Police Tournament this past weekend.


Yes - but this thread is about top AA capible of beating top AAA. Which both St. Michaels and Windsor have proven that they can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Whats up with STM????    Today at 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Whats up with STM????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Whats your favourite dessert?
» Whats your statistics?
» Hey! Whats cracking.
» Whats In Your Pants?
» Tuesday Nights Series - Whats next?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: British Columbia :: BC Seniors-
Jump to: