HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Catholic Central

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
northhooplife

PostSubject: Catholic Central   Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I have heard rumors from people in the south that 4 players on catholic central high school in lethbridge have quit the basketball team, I was just wondering if anyone has heard any further on this and if it is actually true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the-stalker

PostSubject: northpole...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Why don't you find out from the coach first instead of slamming a coach and program before you know the details ---- unfair to coaches but doesn't seem to matter on public forums ...just my opinions bounce Basketball lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HenryW

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:10 pm

the-stalker wrote:
Why don't you find out from the coach first instead of slamming a coach and program before you know the details ---- unfair to coaches but doesn't seem to matter on public forums ...just my opinions bounce Basketball lol!

Not sure what this is about. I didn't read any slamming of a coach or a team. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the-stalker

PostSubject: central catholic...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 pm

why would anyone care about students quitting a team Very Happy ...what is the reference for ...except a shot towards a coach Twisted Evil ...or not ..we all see what goes on in this forum Sleep ...and I am sure you do as well...perhaps they just wanted to be on a school team but did not want to put in the time for practice ( not playing) ,perhaps they are struggling in school, lets see how it develops ....lol !!!!! bounce Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaq

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Boys or Girls team?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
northhooplife

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:39 pm

boys team.And as to what "the-stalker" is regarding, how am i in anyway "slamming" a coach. Im sure many people would question and also care if 4 students quit a high school basketball team mid season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the-stalker

PostSubject: catholic central   Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:12 pm

like i said get your facts before jumping on an issue ....just my opinion ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:06 am

Noone has any information on the issue???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
northhooplife

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:29 pm

the information will be known for sure when catholic central plays on the 28 against magrath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canuck

PostSubject: will this ever end   Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:38 am

there is always controversy around catholic central, I don't know if there's any truth to players quitting or whatever. Anyone that thought that was a dig on the coach is hypersensitive.

What is arguably the most irritating thing about catholic central is their perennial, unsubstantiated honourable mention ranking. I think they've been there every year for the past five years and yet didn't finish in the top 3 (maybe 5?) of the south all those years!

Try and earn it just once?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopies

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:20 am

It has been confirmed that the player's who quit the team are Zach Pardiac, Sampson Mandefor, Nick Kieth and Trey McDonald. This is a big loss for Catholic Central giving that two out of the four player's were starting on the Varsity team. I wonder what Pasquotti did too drive these player's out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballislife161

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Samson Mandefro, Nick Keith, Trey McDonnell were forced to quit the team and were kicked off by there parents. They got caught with drinking underage by the cops and had a big run in with them. Zach Pardiac quit due to only playing 17 minutes in a loss to Cardston. Benched for the first time in 3 years and apparently couldn't handle it.

There are your facts,
Goodluck to all teams
Enjoy the rest of the season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nick.keith1

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:02 pm

SO just to let every person on this forum know that basketballislife is completely inaccurate with his so called "facts" seeing as i am the Nick Keith who quit the team due to my OWN conditions and nothing about getting arrested for underage drinking. Basketballislife has been exposed to lying about his "facts" about me and seeing as i am good friends with all three players i know for a FACT the other information is also not true. Make sure your sources are accurate before you post them on a public forum. FYI this post was not to bring down the coach of catholic central in anyway but just to state the truth and to let everyone know that these are false rumors basketballislife is posting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Nick, so what is the truth???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nick.keith1

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:43 pm

I quit because i didn't like or agree with the program being ran at cchs. And as to the samson, trey and zach i do not have the right to post their reasons on here for quitting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Nick, fare enough!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballdad

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Good to see that SOMEONE here has some class to discuss only that which they know. Good onya Nick for maintaining your class and not discussing your teammate's reasons for leaving.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaq

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 pm

I am not sure what grade these guys are all in but this is sad to see. Must be tense at the school since Nick's mom is the Sr girls coach. Hopefully these guys can work things out and keep playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Certainly tough on the remaining players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canuck

PostSubject: shake down   Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 am

It appears the 'shake down' has not slowed CCHS and the 4 player loss must have been overstated. From the south hoops webpage, Zack is listed as having played 5 games indicating he is still on the roster. Trey is listed as only playing in 2 games. Samson and Nick were not listed (were not considered starters). How did it end up - did 3 players leave (either of their own accord or as consequence of off-court choices)?

It does appear the players are willing to earn the #2 spot. Will LCI let them have it? Will Raymond act as spoiler in their last regular season game (not likely at this point - compare the Comets squeaker win over Magrath versus CCHS spanking of the Zeniths).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopies

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:44 pm

as to what canuck said all players did in fact quit the team regardless of what south hoops says and samson mandefro did start if you have ever seen cch play a basketball game. also regarding trey nick and samson they have all transferred to lci over the christmas break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoopyHoopy

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Hoopies wrote:
as to what canuck said all players did in fact quit the team regardless of what south hoops says and samson mandefro did start if you have ever seen cch play a basketball game. also regarding trey nick and samson they have all transferred to lci over the christmas break.
You seem like you know this topic pretty well, almost as if you are one of the people you are talking about? (Samson, Nick or Trey) Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballislife161

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:26 pm

LoopyHoopy wrote:
Hoopies wrote:
You seem like you know this topic pretty well, almost as if you are one of the people you are talking about? (Samson, Nick or Trey) Suspect

You are infact correct, 'Hoopies' is a joint account of Samson and Nick.
All 4 players discussed are not with the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopies

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Basketballislife161 you seem pretty confident on your information of who this account is run by, to bad you are incorrect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Whatever the player situation, I was impressed with CC this weekend as they won the Oleary tourny, beating three of the top 4 team in the edmonton metro league. They work hard and play an exciting style. Too bad the players left a good team and are missing out on some great experiences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Today at 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Catholic Central
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next