HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Catholic Central

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
hillbilly

PostSubject: Loopyhoopy   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Loopyhoopy I see we will continue to disagree with what I call a stunt at the end of the game. There is lots of players that have injuries that did not allow them to play there last high school game, and there coaches choose not to make a spectical of it. Loopy I see you have all the answers for dino, could you explain the relentless complaining to the officials and the T he recieved. Do you not think the kids give it there all when they are led to believe by there coach, that they are getting un fair officiating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigballer15

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 pm

hillbilly wrote:
Loopyhoopy I see we will continue to disagree with what I call a stunt at the end of the game. There is lots of players that have injuries that did not allow them to play there last high school game, and there coaches choose not to make a spectical of it. Loopy I see you have all the answers for dino, could you explain the relentless complaining to the officials and the T he recieved. Do you not think the kids give it there all when they are led to believe by there coach, that they are getting un fair officiating.

This is high school basketball. CCHS is a dignified, well respected school who year after year produces som great players who put on some more than entertaining basketball games. As for this and all the previous comments bashing the name of Dino, this is, like I said before, High school basketball. 4A nonetheless. No team will ever make an impact in this very competitive league if they are not pushed to their limits everyday, and are given the push and drive from their coach to do so. Dino is one of the few coaches in this league who resembles what top college coaches represent; a man who will do everything he can to get his kids the end result of a win. He took a technical foul? so what? its BASKETBALL. reffing in this league is by no means up to the standards of what this whole community has set in comparing to college or even the NBA. EVERY coach in the league whines and complains and yells at the referees and i guarantee you every coach in the league who has output some kind of contending team has taken a technical foul for complaining about the way a game is being called. So stop pinning this on one person.

There was no stunt at the end of the game. His son and player, matteo, fully expecting to play in his last high school game after missing almost the whole season due to injury, got injured again in warmups. It is a crushing moment for a grade 12 kid, CCH had lost the game, so give the kid a chanmce to have one last time up the court in front of his home crowd. Have a heart i mean come on this shouldnt even be an argument!!!

Stop making excuses, stop finding reasons to continually bash a man who has put so much of his personal life into helping many, many kids achieve what they love to do in playing a fast paced, competitive, good old fashioned fun game of basketball.

I hope i've covered everything everyone has tried to find wrong about whatever is going on in your heads.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hillbilly

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:12 pm

I think you are giving Dino too much credit. Not to take away from his players because there is talent, there are coaches that have taken teams with less talent to better results. Without a T a game. Tim Tolstrup, Ken McMurry, Todd Heggie to name a few also with prov titles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
northhooplife

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:37 am

i witnessed the stunt, it was both after and during the game as i was seated behind the lci student section clearly seeing what happened. After Dinos son Nico hit a very deep three giving cch a lead for the first time in the game he blew kisses towards the lci student section. Also after the game, the notorious little parrot that yaps beside Dino, son Dario, ran to half court holding up a cch warm up pointing at the lci fan base. Very classy coach behavior to the both of them! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigballer15

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:04 pm

We can all stop talking about this "stunt" pulled at the end of the game. How about we talk about the "stunt" that Has been being pulled and directed at cch all season. Though everyone has their opinions about coach pasquotti, the more and more this is talked about, the more it is actually taking away from the credit the players of cch deserve. They have fought through all of this controversy, and the only thing that really matters when it comes down to it, is that the players have respect for their coach, and have showed ambition and dedication for achieving a second place in zones and a 5th seed in provincials through all this controversy. Think what you want about Dino, but he's helped these kids grow and succeed and he's done a damn good job of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canuck

PostSubject: credit?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Even a blind sow finds an acorn once in awhile - in this case, dino stumbled on a group of talented players (who had a good season with a great finish - congrats).

However, if dino wants to be recognized as a quality coach (actually earn a coach of the year award) he can either:

- become a positive role model and be a good sport (there are many quality/winning/passionate coaches that push players hard without becomng the south end of a northbound moose).

AND/OR

- develop winning program (not just an 'acorn' season) - a program that wins year in and year out.

Instead, he is a legend in his own mind, justified with 'padded' rankings. If you want proof, then simply provide CCHS's final standing (not rankings, although that would magnify the point) for as long as dino has been coaching:

Zones:
Provincials:

If you only include the top 3 in each category, you'll see that it doesn't change much from it's current blank state.

That is why this season is an acorn. It is still an acorn so enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigballer15

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Acorn season....please.
CCH has had a more that talented team team for the past 5 years, they had a little lapse of talent back in '07 but then the 4 years before that, again I say, a fantastic team. This is getting tiring and repetitive, i hope everyone got all their bitching out while there was still people willing to jump on the wagon with them.
Well done on a good season CCH and cudos to Dino and the players for getting past all the bullshit thrown their way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hillbilly

PostSubject: Bigballer15   Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Hey bigballer15 is that you dino or one of the three parrots. The only one that has taken anything away from the kids is Dino. I think we have all admitted there was talent there. There won't be enough bitching about Dino unless he grows up or the league, or school admin does something about it. Dino is the only one taking credit from his players. Figure it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoopyHoopy

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 am

hillbilly wrote:
Hey bigballer15 is that you dino or one of the three parrots. The only one that has taken anything away from the kids is Dino. I think we have all admitted there was talent there. There won't be enough bitching about Dino unless he grows up or the league, or school admin does something about it. Dino is the only one taking credit from his players. Figure it out.
He's not taking credit from them, he's their coach... he helped them do so well. Every coach deserves to take credit for his team because he is the one making the plays and helping them improve! He's not taking anything away from the kids. He's being a coach; if there's a bad call, he complains. Its what anyone would do. GTFO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoopyHoopy

PostSubject: hillbilly   Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:30 pm

And now its obvious that HillBilly is an Oler jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cow-town

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 am

First and also most important, Dino is not a good basketball coach. He has been there for years and years and has pissed away some of the best talent the south has seen. This year, in possibly the weakest south league we've ever seen he couldn't even manage to give Cardston a game even one time. Instead of using all of his talent to win a title, he instead chased his best players to another school. He had close to the same talent as Cardston but HE IS SUCH A BAD COACH that he couldn't even give his boys a shooters chance. It was over before they entered the gym. His boys are like abused spouses and children, "he yells because we deserve it" "if we did what he said he wouldn't make a spectacle" "it makes us a better team and people when he abuses us" (verbally).
For reasons which are beyond every basketball fan in southern Alberta the higher ups let this guy abuse the ranking system, abuse the other teams, and verbally abuse his own players. It is not normal how he acts or what he does, and it does not make his boys into a better basketball team or better young adults.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster2012

PostSubject: Seriously   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 am

I've been following basketball in Alberta for over 20 years and this entire conversation, which has lasted all season, should be embarassing to both CCHS and Alberta Basketball.

The facts are pretty evident.

1) Four players quit the Team and Three Students felt they had to change schools!
2) The most talked about subject on this forum.
3) I've NEVER read anything so negative about any other Coach on this Forum.

Here we have a person who has authority over Student Athletes and (4) 16-17 year Old Kids. Anyone who blames the kids for the current state of affairs at CCH should look in the mirror and be ashamed! We don't need to know the truth about the whole fiasco all we need to know is who's involved. Pasquotti's name keeps being attached to problems year after year on this forum. I doubt it's because people are jealous, he's never won anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catholic Central   Today at 9:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Catholic Central
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3